Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Sahil0225

I agree completely....

Thanks for agreeing completely.
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: swetha10

wow amazing post.. so true.. luved the excerpts of the gr8 sayings.. 

Thanks swetha.
my_view thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Great writeup.!

Practically speaking one should be able to forgive anything and anyone with passing time and having developed a heightened sense of tolerance towards those who despite of their best intentions end up hurting one another.
When one engages in act of forgiveness the whole outlook of life changes.

With more time (possibly years) Geet should forgive Dev no doubt but not while she may forsake Maan's unconditional love and their marriage over some petty discord due to lack of maturity in her understanding and overlooking good for bad in MSK.

As per TB article it seems MSK and Dev are at opposite ends of a see-saw with Geet in the middle and Maan will inevitably go down so to speak if Geet forgives Dev.😲

Eccentric.Being thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Nice post

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget." - Thomas S. Szasz, a Hungarian psychiatrist.

Loved the quote. 

Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: my_view

Great writeup.!

Practically speaking one should be able to forgive anything and anyone with passing time and having developed a heightened sense of tolerance towards those who despite of their best intentions end up hurting one another.
When one engages in act of forgiveness the whole outlook of life changes.

With more time (possibly years) Geet should forgive Dev no doubt but not while she may forsake Maan's unconditional love and their marriage over some petty discord due to lack of maturity in her understanding and overlooking good for bad in MSK.

As per TB article it seems MSK and Dev are at opposite ends of a see-saw with Geet in the middle and Maan will inevitably go down so to speak if Geet forgives Dev.😲

Well said. Yes, one's outlook to life changes with forgiveness.  One feels lighter and a feeling of goodness spreads within oneself.  It is cathartic.

I don't know how they intend to take the story.  I dont think you need to wait for years to be able to forgive.  Time is not just a function of hours and minutes.  It can also relate to one's mental state.  Geet may feel that Dev was her distant past although it is less than a year since she married him.  So she may want to end his chapter once and for all and forgiveness would enable her to do that.  But then I do not know if that is where the CVs are headed.  They may make this all about a petty misunderstanding between the couple.  Geet has been made to looks silly and stupid many a times just to portray Maan in a better light.  I'm not saying Maan has not been shown to act foolishly but it is loaded more against Geet. This is more from the trp angle. Since most viewers are women, they would be more empathetic to a suffering, misunderstood hero.  If this is what they do, then obviously everything I said here becomes redundant.   

I dont think Maan should go down because Geet has forgiven Dev unless they show that Maan is short sighted enough not to see beyond her apparent tolerance for Dev's past deeds.  It is all well to be possessive over one's wife but to suspect her character is quite another thing, no matter what the circumstances are or going to be.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: serenelove

Nice post

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget." - Thomas S. Szasz, a Hungarian psychiatrist.

Loved the quote. 

Thanks.
EBasso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Opti

"Indifference speaks louder than anger" is  a music track by Goonies Never Say Die  from the album No words to voice our hopes and fear.  How true it is.

They say indifference is more dangerous than anger and hatred because when one is angry  there is still the acknowledgement of the person or persons existence but with indifference  one neither recognises nor cares if his/her adversary exists or not, as he/she does not hold any value to him/her.  As long you hold on to the feelings that someone else's actions/words has evoked,  you end up hurting yourself. Once you let go, you are free. 

At present, Geet is indifferent to Dev. He does not exist for her. Dev's pseudo guilt is, therefore, not assuaged and that is why he is an unhappy soul.

Now we hear that Geet might forgive Dev. We don't know  if this is true and if it is,  the circumstances under which she forgives or what this forgiveness entails but I thought I'll address some of the allegations levied against Geet for her purported intent to forgive Dev . 

1. Fallacy: Geet forgiving Dev is unthinkable because it would mean a victory for him.

Fact:  

"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

From what I have seen of Dev, the guy loves to wallow in pseudo guilt and self flagellation. As long as Geet and Maan do not accept his remorse, he has a reason to keep crying to Dadi that he has wronged and his bro and his bhabhi can never forgive him.  If Geet forgives him, he loses that reason.  I think without a 'whip' to hit himself, he will feel lost.

2. Fallacy: Geet's forgiveness would portray her as a weak character.

Fact:

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."- Mahatma Gandhi

Geet is a strong woman and her strength would only increase with this forgiveness.

3. Fallacy: Geet's forgiveness would mean that she has forgotten everything done to her by Dev.

Fact:

Just because Geet forgives Dev does not mean she has forgotten what he did.  She will, therefore, never accept him.  Forgiving him would only help her remove the bitterness of hatred in her soul.

We do not know whether Dev is really repentant or just pretending to be so.  If he is only pretending, then he can always plan to harm Maaneet in the present or future.  Since Geet does not know for sure whether Dev's remorse is genuine, it would be better if she always remains vigilant where he is concerned, even if she has forgiven him.

Edited to add:

Granting Dev forgiveness does not mean he should escape from law.  Here Dev has gone against the law and has been charged of a heinous crime.  He is still out only on bail and has not been totally acquitted (at least that is my understanding). Let law take its own course.

Well said Opti... if at all Geet is to forgive him, she WILL do it cautiously and for a valid reason. Absolutely love the points you've made! Well analyzed and wonderfully intermingled with famous sayings to prove your point. πŸ‘
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: dtri

Well said Opti... if at all Geet is to forgive him, she WILL do it cautiously and for a valid reason. Absolutely love the points you've made! Well analyzed and wonderfully intermingled with famous sayings to prove your point. πŸ‘

Thanks. Dont, know what's in store but yes, Geet has to be cautious around Dev. One cant trust that rat.
JilyPotter thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
That was absolutely amazingπŸ‘

I loved how you incorporated the quotes into proving your point...That was the best part (excluding the fact that i am a quotaholic)...

It was simply brilliant..You truly have proved your point and have done perfect justice to it as well. Hope that others can see this as well and stop this baseless allegations against Geet.

PS...Some of the quotes have made my favorite's list especially the Thomas S. Szasz 
mandu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
i like the way you have set everything out so beautifully