Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Opti very good post....πŸ‘

I must admit I want to see Dev being punished & Geet never forgiving him BUT after reading your post i can see the other side too. Yes Geet forgiving Dev does not equal to she forgetting all his crimes. It  takes immense strength & courage to forgive someone who has wronged you. If Geet does forgive Dev then it will only reflect how strong she is....πŸ‘πŸΌ
-Deepzz- thumbnail
@Opti....Very well thought out post ....πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Forgiving doesn't mean forgetting nor does it mean condoning what your abuser did. Forgiving sets you free. 

It's not about the other person, it is about your health and your healing. Carrying around the immense burden of hatred will only wear on you. In fact, not forgiving actually allows the rapist to continue his control over you. 

Forgiving is not an easy thing to do.It takes a person of a very high will power and a big heart to do it....
RageOfAnAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

BRILLIANT  πŸ‘     πŸ‘     πŸ‘
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Arwenish

whatever you write is true and i really liked it........... but i just cant bear the idea of Geet forgiving Dev for his crime...........be it be perceptoion or suggestions...........for few deeds which people do their is no forgiveness.......... being indifferent and angry are different things i agree........ i loved Geet being indiferent towards Dev till now........ but i just cant even bear to think the idea of Geet forgiving Dev ( as mentioned in article) under any earthly reason........... Dev crime has potrayed him as the most hateful character and i m still not satisfied with all his sainthood....... he did not get any punishment compared to the magnitude of his crime......... blaming Naiantara for his black deeds completely potrayas the weakness of a loser...... beacuse loser always blame other for every wrong doings...... Naintara i accept was blot on womenhood but she never asked Dev to sleep with Geet....... He did just that out from his lust....... ruined an inocent life.......... and now because of his pashtawa he should be forgiven........ no way......... 

i love all the quotes you quoted..........

I love Geet indifference rather than anger....... as this shows she has move on in life......... Dev at present is not her enemy so how her forgiveness will annoy him????? wise people forgive and dont forget but we still dont know about Deva's true colors.........

You are free to have your point of view. I only wanted to say that if Geet forgives him it is not out of sympathy for him but because she wants to make a clean break from her past.  Forgiveness sets her free but it will not free Dev.  If he is genuinely repentant he will feel all the more obliged and indebted. So he is still weighed down, not only by guilt but also by the indebtedness he may feel.  If he was only pretending to be remorseful, then he will realise that he has no hold over her.  As long she hates him, he still has a hold on her.  Her present indifference is a good approach too but I think deep within she still may be having some last vestiges of latent hatred and anger which dissolves once she forgives. 

Whatever she does, she should never forget.  As I said it is only her memories which will make her vigilant around him.
geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Muaaaah opti!
wonderful post!

I agree with you..and i also like you maintain, that being indifferent to dev will be the hugest punishment for him

And yes it will be interesting to see how he will act after the guiding guilt withdraws- resulting from geet's forgiveness..

then he will really make a choice between harming maneet or wanting their happiness..

of course, legal punishment is imp..but this will also be awesome

NT got it too- she's alone and a vegetable..

and dev is being a cry baby..haha
Amoureux thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Absolutely brilliant... One of the few posts that was a real pleasure reading... 😊 I thank you for this.... 😊
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: hamavand

A very good post. I agree with all the "facts" u have quoted. i always believe in one thing....U can forgive a person for all/any wrong he/she may have done to u, but u can never ever forget the wrongs done to u...so even if Geet forgives him she will never forget the wrong he has done to her.

Yes, it is easier to forgive but next to impossible to forget, unless you have short memory by nature.  With a scar as deep as the one Dev inflicted on her, there is no way Geet can forget it.  If the CVs show otherwise then they suffer from short memory.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: spshastr

Opti πŸ‘ 

To err is human and to forgive is divine

Opti it takes a lot of strength to forgive a person who has wronged you like Dev has but then I agree if she has to live in the same house what is the use of the hatred? SHe should not forget😊

Well, I wouldn't confer divinity to Geet even if she does because I feel she would do it more for her own peace than because she wants to ease Dev's conscience. Moreover, Dev did not just err, he sinned and what he did was far from human.

Yes, with Dev living under the same roof, there is every reason for bitterness to creep in and with forgiveness that bitterness is washed away setting her free. 

I agree that she should not forget because that way she will never suffer again if he tries to take advantage of her.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: jyoti06

Woww this is a post which really made me see the other side of the coin especially the way u hv used those perfect phrases with the current situationπŸ‘πŸ‘

The moral of the story is forgiveness is not equal to forgetting everythingπŸ‘πŸΌ....Also we dunno the context under which Geet will forgive Dev if at all she forgives him as per the articles.....and forgiving someone does not make one weak but it goes on to show the strength of character of that person and somewhere makes the real culprit more guilty of what he did...

Opti I hv pasted your link on the FB page as well where many feel Geet's character is weak just because she might forgive her culprit....

Thanks Jyo. I just wrote down my random thoughts in the den and you encouraged me to make a separate thread. This got me to think more deeply and do a little research to put down my thoughts in a more organised fashion.

Yes, we still do not know whether Geet will forgive him and if so under what circumstances.   If she does, I hope they show it more for herself than for him and yes, it requires strength of character to forgive a man as demeaning as Dev.   
Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: manashi

though i want donkey to rot in hell/jail forever.............but what you wrote is fantastic and one of the most intelligent and thought provoking posts ever..................

brilliant to say the least.....................πŸ‘

Thanks Manashi. I cant stand the character too although I like the actor.  There3 are various ways to suffer and I'm sure Dev will get his due.