Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

__priyanka__ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
well said niki, MR is an actor who stands apart.but my case is just opposite bcoz i don't like watching serials. for me serials are always time wastage. but but ltl is one of the part of my life. i hooked to ltl when visited to my aunts town,only one episode i watch there lekin uss ek episode ne dil or dimaag dono par hi aisa asar kiya k today i don't even miss a single repeat telecast.but i think wo asar uus epi. ka kam or mishal ka jyada tha that i am watching ltl.his acting skill , his expression, his smile, his neck movement, his eyes everything is just amazing. for me "MISHAL RAHEJA" jaisa actor naa aaj tak tv industry m aaya h or naa kabhi aayega. love u mishal.
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Elysia

Well said, Niki, indeed.

I used to watch a few Indian soaps before, but none of the actors really had an impact on me. If I watched them, it was for the love story and tiny bit of romance. But the only reason that I fell hard for LTL wasn't just because of it's unique directing style, dialogues, characters, and story. It was because of Mishal's portrayal of a cold gangster who wanted to be loved.

There is something about Mishal. Something that I can't quite put my finger on. There's a charm, as you've all mentioned. There's an intensity about his features, his eyes, his performances. It's like a conviction. It's like he becomes the character that he plays and there's not even a tiny bit of Mishal, the real life person, in that character. That complete conviction just convinces me that this guy is a unique, talented, and absolutely mesmerizing actor. He can take any role and make it his own. He can take something so cliche and make it unique with his own style.

There's a mystery to Mishal's acting, I believe. It's a riddle to me. Perhaps because I can't actually find Mishal in whichever character he portrays. All I see is the character who becomes real to me. More real than the actor himself. To bring a fictional character to life like this? It's something that a lot of Bollywood and even Hollywood actors haven't been able to do. Most of them just act, play the character. But very few of them lose themselves and become the character. Entirely. To the point that every defined bodily movement, every expression, every blink, every tone of voice, and every heartbeat is the character's.

Mishal is one of those few. In fact, he's exceptional and I cannot compare him to any other actor, simply because there is no other actor alike him. I find so much pleasure in watching him act. It's like a wild rollercoaster ride. One that goes on and on and just never ends. The rush, the kick. It's breathtaking.

He's a powerful performer, one that Bollywood and Hollywood are missing out on. But their loss is my gain. I like having him on the small screen, because I feel that I get so much more of him. A movie is over in two-three hours and the characters aren't always allowed to evolve, they aren't always substantial and layered. But in "Love Story" and "Laagi", Mishal has played a character that has been portrayed by many, yet he made each one of them completely unique and new to me. Layered. Substantial. Deep. Mysterious. Powerful. Intense.

It's true that he watches a lot of movies, studies other actors. But he never copies them. Instead, he's inspired and he finds his own style, he weaves his own skin for his character. If man could be perfect at anything, I would say that this man is perfect at acting/performing.

Second Every single word. 
The intensity he brings into the act, the myraid of emotions he can portray within moments, his silence even the slanting of his head conveys so much.  I just pray that somebody out there recognize the talented man that MR is so that we can soon see him in more roles whether movies or serials i dont care.   Many of the so called stars of Bollywood cannot come anywhere close to what this guy is talentwise. I just want to see him onscreen with more challenging roles.  Cant have enuf of him.  God please have mercy on us!!!   
ivy_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Word !!!! Elysia and Niki.

You have put it so well. What amazes me is that Mishal's performance has been consistently outstanding. There has never been a "bad acting day" or a " below par excellence scene" in the year+ LTL episodes I have followed.

LTL(
read Dutta) is the only serial I have been hooked to and I remain glued to the TV screen. For most of the other serials, my attention span is just about 5 minutes -- after which I flip channels.

deactivated1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: brvr

Second Every single word. 

The intensity he brings into the act, the myraid of emotions he can portray within moments, his silence even the slanting of his head conveys so much.  I just pray that somebody out there recognize the talented man that MR is so that we can soon see him in more roles whether movies or serials i dont care.   Many of the so called stars of Bollywood cannot come anywhere close to what this guy is talentwise. I just want to see him onscreen with more challenging roles.  Cant have enuf of him.  God please have mercy on us!!!   

Word, sweets. I want people to recognize his talent, too, because I want him to have challenging roles. I want him to get the chance to play characters that constantly push his creative limits and thus keep him interested while at the same time giving us the multi-layered, substantial, and just awe-inspiring performances of Mishal.

It's a win-win situation 😆

No, honestly, he's done a great job at selecting roles that were strong in themselves (Akash and Dutta), and I want him to continue down that path. I really admire him a lot for not just jumping at the opportunity of playing any character, but really selecting his roles wisely and thoughtfully. You can tell that when he decides to play a character, it's because the character had an impact on him and really interested him.

He's the kind of unique actor who can take even a small role and make it dominate an entire show. How much did he really have to do or say at the beginning of LTL? Not much. But his few moments of screen-time just got him noticed. You could see that there was something there, something special about this guy, and people wanted more of that.
Edited by Elysia - 13 years ago
ivy_11 thumbnail
Originally posted by: brvr

100% agree 😊
deactivated1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ivy_11

Word !!!! Elysia and Niki.

You have put it so well. What amazes me is that Mishal's performance has been consistently outstanding. There has never been a "bad acting day" or a " below par excellence scene" in the year+ LTL episodes I have followed.

LTL(
read Dutta) is the only serial I have been hooked to and I remain glued to the TV screen. For most of the other serials, my attention span is just about 5 minutes -- after which I flip channels.

@ purple: LOL 😆 Same here, sweets. I tried watching Sanjog Se Bani Sangini, because I was just searching for something to watch. The show caught my attention for the total of six minutes and then I moved on (same thing happened with Tere Liye, Chand Chupa Badal Mein, and few other shows). But you know what the funny thing is? It's that on the same night that I moved on from Sanjog Se... I stumbled upon LTL on You Tube.

The scene at Dutta's first wedding when he pointed his gun at Naku.

I fell so hard for this guy that I think I broke a few bones 😆

I couldn't describe what it was, but I just knew that I had to watch all the scenes with this guy and see what else he could do. So I watched from that wedding and till December episodes before I went back and watched the show from his entry.

Actually, upon watching his wedding scene, I knew that I had to show this dude to my sister and I pretended like I didn't quite like him, because I was embarrassed. When she said that he was so awesome, I went all mellow and admitted that YES, he was very much awesome.

😳
niki11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Elysia

@ purple: LOL 😆 Same here, sweets. I tried watching Sanjog Se Bani Sangini, because I was just searching for something to watch. The show caught my attention for the total of six minutes and then I moved on (same thing happened with Tere Liye, Chand Chupa Badal Mein, and few other shows). But you know what the funny thing is? It's that on the same night that I moved on from Sanjog Se... I stumbled upon LTL on You Tube.

The scene at Dutta's first wedding when he pointed his gun at Naku.

I couldn't describe what it was, but I just knew that I had to watch all the scenes with this guy and see what else he could do. So I watched from that wedding and till December episodes before I went back and watched the show from his entry.

Actually, upon watching his wedding scene, I knew that I had to show this dude to my sister and I pretended like I didn't quite like him, because I was embarrassed. When she said that he was so awesome, I went all mellow and admitted that YES, he was very much awesome.

😳

Seriously guys ditto!!! i've seen Yeh rishta......PR and Saathiya while flippin channels  but i am not satisfied wid kitchen politics.I mean unki problems hoti hain ki sabzi mein namak zyadapad gaya,kapde dhona bhul gaye,dhaniya khatam ho gaya give me a break and if not this then saas bahu ke problems and surprisingly these are supposed to b the most popular serials.U no my mum tells me that any1 who sees LTL will not b able to njoy all this and i think she is right .The supposedly heroes in almost all  serials subah bag utha ke office jate hain and ratko wahi bag utha ke wapas aa jate hain and then they get involved in bhaaji tarkari ki problems.Nothin against ppl who watch such serials but they are not my cup of tea
Edited by niki11 - 13 years ago
ivy_11 thumbnail

Elysia

😳

Hey Elysia,
I am glad that I am not the only one. It was destiny .... (sounds really filmi😆  ) that I started watching LTL the day Dutta made his dramatic entry. There was something about the character,  and actor (didn't know MR then) that drew me to the TV at 9:30 the next day.

Yes, I too was quite embarrassed to even admit to myself that I was thinking about a fictional character  after the episode was over. 😳  Such is the power of Dutta Saab!!!

Edited by ivy_11 - 13 years ago
captkirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
True Mishal is very talented and hard working and it shows in how he has built up Dutta's character and like him the character too has matured so much.  No other show compared to LTL right now!!
deactivated1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: niki11

Seriously guys ditto!!! i've seen Yeh rishta......PR and Saathiya while flippin channels  but i am not satisfied wid kitchen politics.I mean unki problems hoti hain ki sabzi mein namak zyadapad gaya,kapde dhona bhul gaye,dhaniya khatam ho gaya give me a break and if not this then saas bahu ke problems and surprisingly these are supposed to b the most popular serials.U no my mum tells me that any1 who sees LTL will not b able to njoy all this and i think she is right .The supposedly heroes in almost all  serials subah bag utha ke office jate hain and ratko wahi bag utha ke wapas aa jate hain and then they get involved in bhaaji tarkari ki problems.Nothin against ppl who watch such serials but they are not my cup of tea

That's exactly how I feel about other shows. It's too much saas-bahu drama and a lot of times the episodes are just packed with suspense, nothing more. There are no layers to characters, no in depth character-developments, no real substance that might set the show apart from the stereotypes.

LTL is unique in terms of story and especially characters. For the first time, I felt like the male lead, the hero, had a bigger part to play. For the first time, I felt that the usual women-centered theme had been used as a backdrop rather than the dominating part in a show. For the first time, a male lead was given the foreground, the complete focus in terms of story-line and character-development.

Dutta's character is epic in itself. It's a pathbreaking character for Indian TV, truly. The amount of importance and focus that he has been given, the screen space, the power and strength - it's all thanks to Mishal's brilliant performance that the character of Dutta evolved. I think that if any other actor had played this part, then he would've forever remained in the background and the story would've moved on from Patilwadi to someplace else.

The issue that I have with other shows is that the hero is always made weak. A man who has some sort of attachment to his mother, so he always supports her. A man who thinks of business only, is arrogant, doesn't understand things and thus can't support his wife at home. A man who suspects his wife over the smallest of things. Can't stand up for her or just be a man.

For the first time, with LTL, I saw a real man, a hero, that protected his woman. Never suspected her to have a relationship with his best friend, even though he caught them holding hands. Dutta is a man who can and will protect his woman from anything, from everything. He stands up for her, time and time again - even when he was angry with her, hurt by her, he still supported her in front of Suresh.

For the first time, with LTL, I saw a show that revolved around character-development and the unique bonds/relationships between characters. The drama itself was just a backdrop. The focus was the characters and how they evolved. Especially Dutta whom in himself is a character so complex that it's like watching poetry in motion when you watch Mishal portray the multiple sides to him, layers of him.

I'll stop rambling now.
Edited by Elysia - 13 years ago