GOTW: 8-Letter Game

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey all,

I'm back with a new GOTW. This week's GOTW will be a completely different type of game. It'll be a prize game. Yep, that's right, a prize game.

We've had all the typical games: Antakshari, the person above me/below me series, etc., so I brought something new this time. It's called the 8-letter game.

It's quite simple to explain, but difficult to play. It's like Antakshari, but instead of movie names or songs, we're using 8-letter name.

Basic Premise: Write a 8-letter word and the next person has to write another 8 letter word that starts with the letter from the previous person's word.

For example: luckless, silently, youthful...

Point System: Each person will get 2 points for each correct 8-letter word in continuity and will lose 3 points every time they either post an incorrect word or the word isn't 8 letters long or they've posted that 8-letter word before. I'll be keeping track of the points on a separate document. I'll post the scores at the end of the week.

Award: The award is...hmm...πŸ˜† what you think? I'm not giving away the prize so quickly. πŸ˜‰ Exactly a week from today, I'll announce the winner and 2 or 3 runner ups depending on how many players we get. I may also have a series of other types of awards: such as Most Consistent Player, Most Involved Player, Negative Points Player, etc. πŸ˜‰ That means that everyone can get a prize, but whether the award is a nice one or a mean one depends on how well the person plays.

On 24th March at about 7 pm India Forums time, the names with the prizes will be posted. So what are you waiting for? Let's start the fun....

YOUNGEST
Edited by luv_cid_shreya - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaily. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tickling Edited by dancexlovexlive - 13 years ago
-Sangs- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
First of all, Shreya loved this concept /game. This will help us in building our vocabulary too...Great job πŸ‘

Youngest 
First of this is an awesome game Sri😳 Uncommon, challenging so this is will be fun😳

Ladybird
^^ Dracula is seven letters so minus 3 pointsπŸ˜†

Airplane
Minionite thumbnail
correct Vidya πŸ˜†

earmuffs
Edited by luv_cid_shreya - 13 years ago
Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6
woah!! very innovative game!! πŸ‘
-------------
Labourer

Edited by Charu21 - 13 years ago
Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6
why m i getting this L letter again n again!!! πŸ˜†

Landlady
.ayesha. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow , nice game yaar . u are so creative yaar . awesome yaar , i have no creativity yaar . good job yaar 

sweett......................
-Nightingale- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: taman07

wow , nice game yaar . u are so creative yaar . awesome yaar , i have no creativity yaar . good job yaar 

sweett......................

taman sry i dont know ur nameπŸ˜†...but...........is sweett ,,,,,,,,,,,,ur entry for the game?????