New FF: Still You. Part 3/Page 6 - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
nice ff....curious to c what will happen next?waiting for the update
Update update so I can tell you what I am thinking.
Originally posted by khansk

Great start! Do continue! M sure it'll be great!

Thank you!! Am so glad you liked it. 

Originally posted by queenyuks

Oh hello!

What do we have here?

Miss Mridhu, you turned out to be a chupi rustam.
You keep complementing me

And look at what you've dished out. 

I'm completely blown away
What an awesome start.

Just brilliant

I myself don't know anything about Gujrat (my parents hail from Delhi) so I googled Rajkot and found out that a river runs through it called Aji. So your orphange can be on it's banks. Lol! Perfect naa?

Oh I hope to see more soon my love

Yuks

Thanks Yuks! Glad you liked it!! Oh yeah - just perfect, the orphanage can on the banks of the river!! * A million ideas forming up already* tee hee

And i hope to be around often too - let's see how this one goes!

Originally posted by sunshine33

Ok, you got my attention...now I am fidgeting and anxiously awaiting your next chapter!  Please do continue. You've done an exceptional job there.  Well done!

Hello, I sure am glad that my fic has caught your attention. thanks for the wonderful comments!

Originally posted by ayesha_78

Great.
Originally posted by ayesha_78

Ave started on friends read it

Thanks Ayesha! Is that a new fic you have started, Sorry, but I seemed to have missed it - could you give me the link if you don't mind - I'll surely take a look.

Originally posted by Bhumika18

Please do go on :)

Thanks a lot! Working on the next part - should be able to post it by tonight for sure!

Originally posted by hkhb17

please go on...its good!!!!

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. 

Originally posted by fanbidaai

plse continue nice β­οΈ

Thank you so much. I'll continue soon.

Originally posted by 0711rokxoxo

Hey Mrids!
Its a really well described ff...
Love the way you produced a sense of curiousity and steadyness
in introducing the two point of views...
Please do continue and wud really want to find out the twist

Hello. Thanks. I'm glad the curiosity came through!! Sure, will continue soon

Originally posted by sbp1971

another excellent FF writer on the forum, love it, please do continue soon, you already have me on edge my seat.

You're Shilpa right?! Thank you so much. I actually struggled a lot with that part - it was difficult tapping into Aham - Gopi was easier!!

The next part should be up by tonight. Hope you'd enjoy that too as much.

Originally posted by -Ankita-

Love a smirking Ahem
Even if hez a meanie

Update!

Ha - Ha, Glad you're not hating him yet! :) Like I said, he is a meanie - for now, but he needs start somewhere to mend his fences right? wink wink

Originally posted by kav88

nice ff....curious to c what will happen next?waiting for the update

Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed it. Next update should be up by tonight. 

Originally posted by ANJ4

Update update so I can tell you what I am thinking.

Hello. I'm so glad you're waiting for my update - tells me that you enjoyed the story. Thank you!!!

@ ALL - Thanks a lot for reading and leaving wonderful comments!!! You guys are brilliant!

Mrids

Edited by mridhu - 13 years ago
brilliant start mridhuπŸ‘πŸΌ....and i love the title too...and now...the big question buzzing in my mind....why is gopi goin to modi mansion again?? u will answer it fast na...pls...
Originally posted by madhu_sridhar

brilliant start mridhuπŸ‘πŸΌ....and i love the title too...and now...the big question buzzing in my mind....why is gopi goin to modi mansion again?? u will answer it fast na...pls...

Thank you Madhu!! Well, I do not take any credit for the title - the title is from the song "Still you" by lady kash and Krissy - It is an amazing song, and too apt for the plot I had in mind!

Why is Gopi going to MM? Of course I will answer that question - but not in the next part, i'm afraid, you'll have to wait one more part to know why!

Originally posted by maheswari1188

nice start . pls continue

Thank you - Yep next part coming right up!!!

Edited by mridhu - 13 years ago

Part 2

The ride to Modi Mansion was filled with silence. Gopi knew that Ahamji was extremely irritated at being put to picking her up. Maybe even tricked into. And besides, it was not as if he spoke to her otherwise.

And there was no reason for that to change now… Was there?

Gopi, you've got to stop this! She told herself sternly, shaking her head a little. She noticed that Ahamji had turned to look at her briefly. She feigned ignorance and looked ahead at the road, it was best not to look at him.

Gopi deliberately let her mind fill up with questions. She knew Maaji wouldn't call her to Modi Mansion unless it was something important, and – and unless it was absolutely necessary for her to be there.

She had never been called to the Modi Mansion in the last two years. So why now? She hoped everyone was fine. She quickly sent up a prayer for everyone's safety.

Should she ask Ahamji? She quickly glanced at him, he had pinned his gaze on the road, and his fingers tightly on the wheel.

No, she decided, there was no need to ask him. She was sure Maaji would tell her when she got there. She didn't understand though, the last time she met Maaji, she had not said anything. And she met Maaji quite often.

When she had stepped out of Modi Mansion, leaving everything behind, she had not expected Maaji would follow her.

" Ruko Gopi Vau"

She stopped and turned, looking at Maaji hopefully, was she going to ask her to stay back? The very idea was preposterous, but Gopi couldn't help but cling on to that hope. Maybe, just maybe Maaji had convinced Ahamji to. No, don't be stupid Gopi, you heard Ahamji – he doesn't want you in his life, she thought sadly, tears welling up in her eyes.

Maaji walked to her, and looked at her, " Gopi Vau –" she started saying, then stopped and corrected herself, " Gopi, where are you going?"

That hurt – hearing Maaji call her just Gopi and not Vau hurt her. Logically Maaji could no longer call her Vau, she knew that – but what she knew and what she felt were two different things.

"Gopi – I asked you something" Maaji said firmly.

"Mamiji – I'll go to Mamiji's house, Maaji" she said feebly, her own voice barely audible to herself.

"Absolutely not"

Gopi looked up at Maaji in surprise, "Absolutely not, you will not go to your Mami's house – Samjhi gaye?" she repeated

No she didn't understand – where else would she go? Before she could say as much, Maaji said in a soothing voice, "Don't worry Gopi, I've made the arrangements. Come with me"

SLAM!

She flinched as Ahamji slammed the door harshly. Jerking away from her thoughts, she looked around to see that they had stopped at Mamiji's place.

Her brows creased in confusion – but why? Maaji had told her last time that Kinjal ben now lived in Mumbai with Dhawal Bhai.

Maybe Rashi ben was visiting Mamiji. A wide smile graced her face, as she felt excitement and anticipation in equal amounts. She was going to meet her sister after nearly two years!

Gopi wondered about Rashi ben – how had she managed Modi Mansion after Gopi has left?  It would have been so difficult for Rashi ben; she would have had to do all the work. And Gopi knew how strict Maaji was. Poor Rashi ben.

But where was she? Gopi peered in the direction of the house, expecting Ahamji and Rashi ben to step out any minute.

As if on cue, Ahamji stormed out – he pushed the curtains of the door harshly and stomped out – his face twisting in anger and something else.

What was it?

Gopi frowned – what had happened to fuel Ahamji's anger? Other than her sitting inside his car

Shaking her head she was about to look away when she caught sight of – them! Everything happened instantaneously in the next second. She untied her seat belt, opened the door, leapt out of the car and ran to Rashi Ben's side.

Her eyes welled up all the way.

"Rashi ben!" she squealed, "Rashi ben – aap -" she couldn't even get her mouth to say something intelligible, she couldn't stop smiling, and she couldn't stop the tears, "you're a mother now!"

Aham watched in a mixture of irritation and amusement as Gopi bounced to Rashi's side. The minute Rashi had stepped out of the house, Gopi had gotten down from the car and ran up to them – all in two seconds.

For those two seconds – his anger, disgust and the incessant questions his mind had been throwing at him disappeared.

Shaking his head, he started walking to the car – he had absolutely no intention of watching the sisters bond. He hated all this drama and he had been subject to too much drama today.

He was just getting into the car when he heard Gopi's overjoyed, "you're a mother now!"

She didn't know?! She'd never known?!

Argh – the stupid questions, again. Aham gritted his teeth in frustration as he looked away. Irritated with himself, he pressed his palm harshly to the horn. As if now only noticing his presence, both the women quickly turned and walked to the car.

He noticed that Gopi had the baby now, and she slid into the back seat of the car while Rashi took the passenger seat.

Sighing, he started the engine – with any luck, the way back home wouldn't be as horrid as the last 15 minutes.

Aham turned the steering wheel deftly, thankfully enough the ride had been smooth – till now – he mentally added as an afterthought.

It seemed that Rashi and Gopi had fallen into some sort of a nonverbal agreement to shut the hell up. Neither of them had spoken till now. Good for him, he thought.

The only noise in the car was of the baby making her baby noises.

Aham smiled, he adored the kid. She was a beautiful baby. Everyone at home had been elated when Aabha Modi was born – obviously!  

Baa had been so happy to see the next generation. Kaka and Kaki – he'd never seen Kaka and Kaki so happy earlier, neither had he seen them behave like children themselves, which they did when they were around the baby.

Jigar, Aham chuckled as he thought of Jigar, his younger brother had been ecstatic. And that would be the understatement of the century.

And papa and mom – they'd been –

Don't go there Aham

He pursed his lips together, enough of reminiscing - he needed to shut out everything. A glance at the rear view mirror told him that Gopi now had the baby on her shoulder.

She was patting it softly, absolutely reveling in having the baby in her arms. She was muttering something into the baby's ear – and then she let out a soft chuckle. Or was that a sniff?

It was both. He watched as Gopi smiled and gently kissed the baby's cheek. Using her free hand, she quickly rubbed her eyes.

He would curse himself to hell later, but right now he couldn't bring himself to look away.

Because there was something written all over Gopi's face that was beginning to unsettle him. There was absolute happiness. And total contentment.

How could someone who had so little in life be so content?

So, that's it. I hope this was enjoyable.

There is a reason that Gopi is going to MM, and there is a reason for Aham's emotions and thoughts wavering so much, as well.

All that and more in the next chapter!

Mrids

Oh goodness! What an awesome chapter. I've been waiting for more of this.

I wonder if Raashi has changed.
Probably.

At least Gopi seems a little different.

Ahem soulds like a hormonal woman. Smiling one minute, irritated the next

I love the way you write. You leave me begging for more!

Wonderful!

Yuks

aww..........that was so beautiful, i loved it. looking forward to next.

thanks madhu plse continue it was good.
thanks for updating the ff. really nice story please continue.