And the award for the most ziddi character goes to - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
I know ........highly  cheesy stuff....

But I think it will go this way .....😆

The humor is Damodar tearing pieces of paper and throwing it while Savita sweeps

Is this humor or what ? Look at ALL the families ........theres just tremendous unhappiness ............Joshis r unhappy with POTA thing , Lokhandes r unhappy coz Rasika squanders UTILITY BILLS MONEY , Deshmukhs r in GLOOM , Karanjkars r cONSTANTLY fighting . Honestly if I had been in Sulos place I wud have told my married daughters to get the hell out and NOT visit for some months and give me space , and I wud have joined some readers club or gone sight seeing with my husband .

[/QUOTE]

OMG, that was so mean. Damodar is the meanest person on the show right now, he's not evil, he's just mean and insensitive. And the PR families are competing with each other for how unhappy they are. Each and every person on this show should focus on the betterment of their own families and forget about the others for a time-the CVs can rotate on an episode basis which family(s) they want to show and focus more on ARMAN since they are the leads.
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

Kool,

I agree completely. That is what I've been trying to say. It's very important that savita has something to focus on, that will keep her busy. Brooding about manav will make the condition much, much worse. She's doing the right thing and for the right reasons. I would applaud the CVs if they show savita being so happy with her roadside stall that she forgets about being unhappy with manav or archana. I would much rather have this happen than savita getting so ill that ARMAN need to move in forcefully and care for her. If she is busy, savita and ARMAN can lead their lives independently with occasional visits and when savita is ready to accept the package deal offer, ARMAN can move in if they so wish.

sowmya I wish I had given this idea in commentary that day . It did not strike me coz I was LIVID that Archana suggested Vaishu had no opnion but Dharmu . I just didnt dwell on it .

They cud show her vadapav stall being a hit and some fun u know . They cud show Manav being proud of her secretly or something . They can bring so much positivity in this show but they only show negativity .

They have come up with this idea only to show her falling flat on the face and Archana stepping in to SAVE her embarassed Pati .

They r showing old people to be embarassments . I am sure the team writing PR is brimming with YOUTHFUL teenagers .

But why, is what I cant understand. They have some promising ideas-like this one of Savita starting a roadside stall. Just a little tweaking and we can have a positive, happy show insetad of the same old mother failing and son/dil rushing in as heroes to save the day. I really like this idea, and I hope savita succeeds. She will be able to command respect from the snooty Karanjkars and evil Rasika if she can earn money herself by doing this simple, realistic thing. And she will be happy, and accept ARMAN also. And all ends well. SO simple, really.

Edit:  Since CVs read ur commentary, you should give the idea on Monday's episode. Maybe they'll take it 😊
Edited by sowmya_jairam - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Tanyaz

I know ........highly  cheesy stuff....

But I think it will go this way .....😆

Tanya, I really dont want that to happen. Whys hould they show savita failing and Archana tending to her to make her accept Archana. Why cant they show savita succeeding and being happy and accepting archana due to her own happiness? There are so many, many regressive things in PRland that the one progressive stand should be resolved right. The idea is a good one, let's see what the CVs make of it.
Aww Sowmya ..
I know what yo uare saying ..But this is not a progressive  show ... they are happy with their policy of running the show .If this was progressive then they would have shown Archu earning after holding a job better than Manav and jaywant ....
They would have shown vanu going to college instead of hearing taunts from Rasika ..This is a very regresive show ...where a girl marries the guy who tried to rape her , only to escape badnaami , where a girl goes back to the man who dumped her for another woman because she believes that she is in a relationship with him for 7 janams ....

I would love it , I swear I would love  it if they showed savita  battling her demons and coming up a winner and then a happier savita helping out manav if he needs money and manav looking at her proudly ...But we will never get to see that ..savita will not succeed now because she is not the heroine ..The stage is getting set  for the heroine to take the bull by the horn and sort out her saas and give Manav his old happy mother back ...

And Archu will do all this for manav because her goal is ' What Manav wants , Manav gets ' .
Originally posted by Tanyaz

Aww Sowmya ..
I know what yo uare saying ..But this is not a progressive  show ... they are happy with their policy of running the show .If this was progressive then they would have shown Archu earning after holding a job better than Manav and jaywant ....
They would have shown vanu going to college instead of hearing taunts from Rasika ..This is a very regresive show ...where a girl marries the guy who tried to rape her , only to escape badnaami , where a girl goes back to the man who dumped her for another woman because she believes that she is in a relationship with him for 7 janams ....

I would love it , I swear I would love  it if they showed savita  battling her demons and coming up a winner and then a happier savita helping out manav if he needs money and manav looking at her proudly ...But we will never get to see that ..savita will not succeed now because she is not the heroine ..The stage is getting set  for the heroine to take the bull by the horn and sort out her saas and give Manav his old happy mother back ...

And Archu will do all this for manav because her goal is ' What Manav wants , Manav gets ' .

If that is what they will show, I really dont know what to say. I guess then either we have to suck it up and continue watching whatever crap they dish out, or stop watching. And everything being made alright by Archana just by being subservient just coz she's the lead is a hard pill to swallow-it doesnt work that way, it really doesn't. Atleast if her character was better written, I would have accepted it. She is not capable of handling anything more complex than the very basic responsibilities. Savita, even with all her bitterness and hatred and grey characterization is a much, much stronger character than both Archana and Manav. I really want to, I've tried since I've started commenting to see what makes her such a popular world's self appointed problem-solving heroine, but I cant see any strength/credibility/realism in Archana's character anyway I look at it, qualities one will need when they have to handle any problem. And Archana is always surrounded by problems, most self-created, some self-exaggerated, rest created by evil-doers/others.
 I cant see any strength/credibility/realism in Archana's character anyway I look at it, qualities one will need when they have to handle any problem. And Archana is always surrounded by problems, most self-created, some self-exaggerated, rest created by evil-doers/others.

Hope would have agreed with u . She thinks Archana is very average .  She has NO heroine like qualities AT ALL . In fact she enables oppression . Be it Vandita , Vaishu or herself ........her advice is STICK with PATI .

Her greatest attempt at sacrifice which incidentally FAILED ..........Giving up PATI . { For Shravani . Of course she cud not keep up to it , she came pathetically running back saying I can't do it }

For Archana PATI is everything . She is one of the most repressed females I have ever seen . Only Radhika in Choti Bahu cud perhaps give her some competition . Choti Bahu 1 that is .

For Archana PATI is everything . She is one of the most repressed females I have ever seen . Only Radhika in Choti Bahu cud perhaps give her some competition . Choti Bahu 1 that is .

[/QUOTE]\

Radhika in CB1 had reason why she was so repressed-she was abused throughout her life. And she had some redeeming qualities I think, even silent she knew where to draw the lines, especially once she moved out of her parental home and into her marital home. I cant understand why Archana is this way though-seems to me she comes from a very loving household. Though they may be wrong, her mother and SIL are both strong personalities, same with her sisters. Abha from YMGGK is a strong, well written character. Both the leads in that show are very well-written actually.

Oh yeah, for Radhika, Dev was her saviour from her abusive household. He loved her unconditionally and was also a very strong, righteous character. He was in the true sense, a good, self-righteous man. So giving credit where it is due, Radhika thinking Dev was everything is valid. In PRland, only Sulochana, Manju and Varsha have that privilege. Unfortunately, these three females treat their husbands like dirt. 🤢