Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

walquest2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
In a family, whether in the city or in a village, the human nature does not change.

In a joint family where three to four generations live together, there will be conflicts, but there are those points which have remained its bedrock, due to the great advantages, that have been seen over the ages.

In the modern time, due to fast changes in life styles, and availability of modern means, the old systems have been shaken, and the older generations have failed to understand the impact and have remained in the past, and its values, as if glued by a cement so strong, that it is hard to break it.   The middle generation, brought up in obedience and loyalty to their parents are tugged between the past and the present.   It is a very difficult balancing act they have to follow, on one side, their ingrained loyalties to their elders, and the programming of their minds which have taken ages, and unable to figure out a way out.

The younger generation, with the ability to grasp the present, with their agile minds, can not understand the rigidity of their elders and prone to revolt, with ugly consequences, as they do not know how to handle the outcome of their actions.   Finally, the society is left to cope up with the broken pieces of its fragile edifice, as it happens in places ravaged by an earthquake, where all want to help, but no one can bring it to the old shape, even after a very long time and herculean efforts.

These are the eyes of Anandi, a child of the soil, brought up in the innocence of the village, brought into the luxuries of a haveli, and their son, thrown into the wild fires of city life, unable to cope with its pressures and pulls, and all the temptations, which tear him apart, from his unsure beginnings, fostered by a doting grand mother, and her rigid ideas of life, which are immutatble in her eyes.

In the beautiful back drop of a lovely music, Anandi's eyes look forward to a future with a husband coming back after his  exposure to the city and its life, and what it has taught him.    She is rooted in the true Indian ethos, but will the modern influence imbibed by Jagiya in the city, will it be able to accommodate both?    This is the story of the enfolding saga of Modern India. 

A sampling of this Modern India, is seen Dr. Jagat Bandorkar, addressing his classmates, where he has conveniently blocked out his past, with the help of his doting grand mother and her blessing.   He has seen the technology, and science of the 21st century, but without roots, without being planted in the soil, where he grew, will he be able to survive the obstacles that he will inevitably have to face, or will he be carried on the foam and froth of the surging sea of modern India, and get lost?   Will the euphoria of getting just a "Certificate" last the exacting obligations that will be weighing him down in the future, or will he succumb to easy way outs, to survive and make money?    Will some patients have to die, due to his lack of undertanding of this reality?   What is in store for him, and his audience, after these four years of being indoctrinated into the modern science which itself has taken centuries to shape up in the West, from where it is imported into our land of Ayurveda?

PKYEK100 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: divmath

Hola to all the lovely Balika's......first up sorry I had to do the Houdini act for the last 3 days as I had my exams....I am finally done with winter quarter, phew.......and just caught up with all the missed episodes ! The last two episodes were power packed...WOW....Anandi-Jagya's fight and Anandi's confrontation with Jagya infront of the whole family was Superb....although as Anu said in another post...It looked stupid that the whole family was just standing there and watching "tamasha"....however in yesterday's episode they made it up with a tight hard hitting "tamacha" πŸ˜†πŸ˜† wahhh wahhhh....mazaa aa gaya....

Coming to today's episode....thanks for the lovely update dwsc

The leap looks totally out of place....so many questions went unanswered....and Jagya two timing for 4 years and the family members easily forgiving him, Weird  and completely unrealistic! πŸ˜•...Anandi went back to looking morose and yet again waiting for Jagya, sigh πŸ˜• and that monologue voice over describing Anandi's feelings was sooooooooooooo boring πŸ₯±, I would have rather watched the last two episodes again.....after that power packed bhashan of her's I thought she will not bother about him and do well for herself....So ideally she should now be in 2nd year of college.....before leap she just passed 10th....so after that 11th and 12th and then 2 years of college...wonder what she is doing and how is she studying? (if at all she is)...coz there ain't any college in Jaitser...hmmmmm.... and what happened to Lal singh, Phooli and other friends? They didnt reveal Jagya's truth to Anandi?...not even Phooli who is supposedly her best friend ! πŸ˜² The voice over said Jagya used to visit Jaitser occasionally and everytime the distance between Anandi and Jagya increased...so Anandi might have shared this thing with Phooli....also, Gauri never questioned Jagya even once about his family or any such thing? πŸ˜² Blooper pe blooper, blooper pe blooper....wonder what's in store now....πŸ˜• πŸ€”

yes i was also thing the same,  anandi should have share her feeling with phooli or teacher ji.....not only that other family member should have notice about their relationship ........gehana and sumitra..... etc
PKYEK100 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: walquest2000

In a family, whether in the city or in a village, the human nature does not change.

In a joint family where three to four generations live together, there will be conflicts, but there are those points which have remained its bedrock, due to the great advantages, that have been seen over the ages.

In the modern time, due to fast changes in life styles, and availability of modern means, the old systems have been shaken, and the older generations have failed to understand the impact and have remained in the past, and its values, as if glued by a cement so strong, that it is hard to break it.   The middle generation, brought up in obedience and loyalty to their parents are tugged between the past and the present.   It is a very difficult balancing act they have to follow, on one side, their ingrained loyalties to their elders, and the programming of their minds which have taken ages, and unable to figure out a way out.

The younger generation, with the ability to grasp the present, with their agile minds, can not understand the rigidity of their elders and prone to revolt, with ugly consequences, as they do not know how to handle the outcome of their actions.   Finally, the society is left to cope up with the broken pieces of its fragile edifice, as it happens in places ravaged by an earthquake, where all want to help, but no one can bring it to the old shape, even after a very long time and herculean efforts.

These are the eyes of Anandi, a child of the soil, brought up in the innocence of the village, brought into the luxuries of a haveli, and their son, thrown into the wild fires of city life, unable to cope with its pressures and pulls, and all the temptations, which tear him apart, from his unsure beginnings, fostered by a doting grand mother, and her rigid ideas of life, which are immutatble in her eyes.

In the beautiful back drop of a lovely music, Anandi's eyes look forward to a future with a husband coming back after his  exposure to the city and its life, and what it has taught him.    She is rooted in the true Indian ethos, but will the modern influence imbibed by Jagiya in the city, will it be able to accommodate both?    This is the story of the enfolding saga of Modern India. 

A sampling of this Modern India, is seen Dr. Jagat Bandorkar, addressing his classmates, where he has conveniently blocked out his past, with the help of his doting grand mother and her blessing.   He has seen the technology, and science of the 21st century, but without roots, without being planted in the soil, where he grew, will he be able to survive the obstacles that he will inevitably have to face, or will he be carried on the foam and froth of the surging sea of modern India, and get lost?   Will the euphoria of getting just a "Certificate" last the exacting obligations that will be weighing him down in the future, or will he succumb to easy way outs, to survive and make money?    Will some patients have to die, due to his lack of undertanding of this reality?   What is in store for him, and his audience, after these four years of being indoctrinated into the modern science which itself has taken centuries to shape up in the West, from where it is imported into our land of Ayurveda?

so nicely u have expressed ur view, 😊..awesome view😊
-SweetGirl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: divmath

Hola to all the lovely Balika's......first up sorry I had to do the Houdini act for the last 3 days as I had my exams....I am finally done with winter quarter, phew.......and just caught up with all the missed episodes ! The last two episodes were power packed...WOW....Anandi-Jagya's fight and Anandi's confrontation with Jagya infront of the whole family was Superb....although as Anu said in another post...It looked stupid that the whole family was just standing there and watching "tamasha"....however in yesterday's episode they made it up with a tight hard hitting "tamacha" πŸ˜†πŸ˜† wahhh wahhhh....mazaa aa gaya....

Hi Divya πŸ˜ƒ..Welcome back :D..Hope you did best in exams..and Glad now you are free..Saw yr post last Night only But I had to go off due to some reason😳..Anyways hope you are doing well..and enjoying BV..I m disapponted with Lame leap...and the way they handeled Ra-Ga track ..we'll meet in some discussion ..till than tack care...

SG😳
rgattu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi all

I am ok with the leap! My take on this is that they tried to show that as Jagya is in Mumbai, everything is in a state of limbo anyways...

And remember that he gave a dodgy explanation to Dadisa and she and Sumitra will believe any tripe he spouts...
Dadisa sent everyone on a major guilt trip - so indirectly implying that they have forgiven Jagya as he was just a kid in a big city...

Re Anandi - she lives in eternal hope that things will get better between them...isn't this something most Indian women hope for anyway...

Now what did Phooli hear/what did she understand and conclude - God knows...she does lecture Jagya but it was quite generic...nothing re Gauri...maybe I missed something

Lal Singh - i hv no expectations from him...

As long as Jagya was studying in Mumbai, there was very little they could have shown in terms of story movement.

But now that he has completed hi studies, the conflict starts again...

Jetsar or Mumbai - further studies or internship/practice

what does he plan to do with Anandi...

And so on...