Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

The Role Reversal - A Bird's Eye View!!

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 8:32am | IP Logged

So the million dollar question!!

Is the ShaNak Role Reversal a metaphor of sorts.....

For heralding the return of an Era gone by.....

For announcing the onset of the next 'Level'......

For an absolute Resurrection of sorts.....

If yesterday (16th March, 2011) was anything to go by, my answer would definitely be in the affirmative.....

The Era of Golden RBO was golden for a reason.....to be able to etch the characters of Shaan and Khanak so beautifully that they will remain indelibly imprinted in our hearts forever.....so much so that the name Shaan will always remind us of a certain "Mr Mahapurush" while the name Khanak will inadvertently get our minds to meander to a certain "Miss Musibat"!! WOW!!! What an incredible feat to achieve.....when the very grain of a character invades the human psyche in a manner so timeless......

Had a glimpse of the above yesterday......

When Shaan aka Khanak just HAS to utter "Main toh bachpan se hi sexy tha!! Tum ne toh abhi notice kiya!!" Hmmm....Shaan aka Khanak aka SHANTANU KHANDELWAL!! Super!! ClapClapClap

When Khanak aka Shantanu just HAS to utter "Mere dimaag main is tarah ke khyal toh nahin aate" on retorting to Shaan's displeasure at his foiled plans!! Hmmm.....Khanak aka Shaan aka aapdi KHANAKDI!! Super again!! ClapClapClap

What a BRILLIANT ShaNak Role Reversal to have!!! SPLENDID, actually!! StarClapStarClap 

A "Little Oscar" award to the CVs for being able to addresss all the burning issues between Shaan and Khanak within the quintessential ShaNak essence.....Clap

"Hume ek doosre ka POV samajhna bahut zaroori hai. I'm sure ke hum dono apni apni jagah pe sahi hai hai." WOW!! A double WOW in fact!! To be able to accept that "The only thing constant in life is change" despite complete respect to each other's individuality!! StarClapStarClap

To be able to underline the importance of the finer nuances of a relationship.....to drive home the priceless value of a heart-to-heart in a marriage, seamlessly into the ShaNak banter!! Hats Off really!! Clap

To be able to underscore the gravity of discipline in life....be it something as mundane as the payment of credit card bills before the due date LOL or being responsible for fixing ones wardrobe, without getting into 'character development' classes....in signature ShaNak style!! Definitely mind put to matter.....Clap

The greatest strength of the Golden RBO Era was to be able to say it without saying it at all....to be able to leave something to the imagination....for the human mind to take over, long after the lights had dimmed....to be able to savour the moment eternally......

The "Thank You" moment was reminiscent of all of that and more.....

The mysterious facet to the thought behind the moment....the goings-on at the dinner table OR the behind the scenes 'team' spirit.....what a beautiful way to acknowledge the bond between two individuals who truly have found their own space....at solace, really in a manner of speaking!! Day DreamingClap

The actual "Thank-You" moment.....the privacy of it so beautiful....shared in the midst of everything nonprivate!! The eyes following each other....SHE expecting him to be up to his usual antics with his trademark flamboyance intact....HE catching her completely unawares by doing exactly the opposite!! THEIR final acknowledgement of the moment!! Completely GOLDEN....Completely!! StarClapStarClap

Phew!! Yesterday was something else, Friends, something else completely!!

We went down memory lane.....only to resurface to.....bigger and better things in store!!

Truly a ROLE REVERSAL of sorts!!Clap

Edited by dr.dsr - 17 March 2011 at 8:48am

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

Silpa_25RagSiaroadsidejunkeyangel_9nk.mailsweetsutevaish_123-SYS-jparkertvrasikaaditeepriya_cool_123-YasharanArshi-destinyloverooj-iadventure_gurlkubaretogepe30bones88The_May_Rose-Deepali-

priya_cool_123 IF-Rockerz
priya_cool_123
priya_cool_123

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Dyo

Beautiful post as usual....

Falling in love over Shanak all over again after reading this

Its hard for me to beleive :" Is this just a show "

Kudos to the minds behind it

And double kudos to those( people like u ) who grab the point conveyed...

Priya

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrangel_9tvrasika

vaish_123 Goldie
vaish_123
vaish_123

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 8:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dr.dsr

So the million dollar question!!

Is the ShaNak Role Reversal a metaphor of sorts.....

If yesterday (16th March, 2011) was anything to go by, my answer would definitely be in the affirmative.....

The Era of Golden RBO was golden for a reason.....to be able to etch the characters of Shaan and Khanak so beautifully that they will remain indelibly imprinted in our hearts forever.....so much so that the name Shaan will always remind us of a certain "Mr Mahapurush" while the name Khanak will inadvertently get our minds to meander to a certain "Miss Musibat"!! WOW!!! What an incredible feat to achieve.....when the very grain of a character invades the human psyche in a manner so timeless......

Had a glimpse of the above yesterday......

When Shaan aka Khanak just HAS to utter "Main toh bachpan se hi sexy tha!! Tum ne toh abhi notice kiya!!" Hmmm....Shaan aka Khanak aka SHANTANU KHANDELWAL!! Super!! ClapClapClap

When Khanak aka Shantanu just HAS to utter "Mere dimaag main is tarah ke khyal toh nahin aate" on retorting to Shaan's displeasure at his foiled plans!! Hmmm.....Khanak aka Shaan aka aapdi KHANAKDI!! Super again!! ClapClapClap

What a BRILLIANT ShaNak Role Reversal to have!!! SPLENDID, actually!! Clap 

A "Little Oscar" award to the CVs for being able to addresss all the burning issues between Shaan and Khanak within the quintessential ShaNak essence.....Clap

"Hume ek doosre ka POV samajhna bahut zaroori hai. I'm sure ke hum dono apni apni jagah pe sahi hai hai." WOW!! A double WOW in fact!! To be able to accept that "The only thing constant in life is change" despite complete respect to each other's individuality!! Clap

To be able to underline the importance of the finer nuances of a relationship.....to drive home the priceless value of a heart-to-heart in a marriage, seamlessly into the ShaNak banter!! Hats Off really!! Clap

To be able to underscore the gravity of discipline in life....be it something as mundane as the payment of credit card bills before the due date LOL or being responsible for fixing ones wardrobe, without getting into 'character development' classes....in signature ShaNak style!! Definitely mind put to matter.....Clap

The greatest strength of the Golden RBO Era was to be able to say it without saying it at all....to be able to leave something to the imagination....for the human mind to take over, long after the lights had dimmed....to be able to savour the moment eternally......

The "Thank You" moment was reminiscent of all of that and more.....

The mysterious facet to the thought behind the moment....the goings-on at the dinner table OR the behind the scenes 'team' spirit.....what a beautiful way to acknowledge the bond between two individuals who truly have found their own space....at solace, really in a manner of speaking!! Day DreamingClap

The actual "Thank-You" moment.....the privacy of it so beautiful....shared in the midst of a everything nonprivate!! The eyes following each other....SHE expecting him to be up to his usual antics with his trademark flamboyance intact....HE catching her completely unawares by doing exactly the opposite!! THEIR final acknowledgement of the moment!! Completely GOLDEN....Completely!! Clap

Phew!! Yesterday was something else, Friends, something else completely!!

We went down memory lane.....only to resurface to.....bigger and better things in store!!

Truly a ROLE REVERSAL of sorts!!Clap

Dr.Dyo!

Beautiful and Fabulous.
ClapClapClap
As always it is a pleasure to read your analysis.

Edited by rbofan1 - 17 March 2011 at 8:49am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrangel_9jparkertvrasikadestinylove

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 8:52am | IP Logged
@ Priya: Thanks a ton for the lavish praise.....but you need to shower some of it on yourself too, Sweetie!! You caught the 'other side' of the Thank You moment too!! ClapClapClap

@Vaish: Thanks for always being there.....truly means a lot to me....Big smile

Edited by dr.dsr - 17 March 2011 at 12:15pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123destinylove

jparker IF-Dazzler
jparker
jparker

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged

Apt.. and puurrfect!!

Your posts are what is in everyone's hearts and which in this state.... comatose.... so difficult to express. Yours words simple say what millions of lines will never do!!

Doc, take a bow!ClapClapClapClapClap What a view!! Definitely a view to a Kill!!

Seriousness apart, atta maala ek hi shankaa nahin ki aapan Doctor nahich!! Lekhika maatra aahaat te nakki!!WinkWinkLOLLOL

Edited by jparker - 17 March 2011 at 9:01am

dr.dsrtvrasikadestinylove

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 9:00am | IP Logged
My My....Am I the only Insane person left on the forum who hasn't really given her take on yesterday's epi?

Superb Dr. D!

I mean I agree to everything you have said! Sane epi, with sane dialogues, with sane picture (albiet some minor mistakes and editing) everything was perfect! (not to forget the faltu scenes)

I loved your takes and it is slowly telling me that I need to give my take before the next api airs...

Hmmm i shall be back soon on that...

but yes even I loved the whole Sexy shaan dialogue and the way Khanak as Shaan did her part of spoiling his mood. The way she sat was sooo KTis and then the end was just amazing!

I loved every bit of it!!!

Saw some great new scenes and some great old scenes...I loved this show and I am surprised that so far it hasn't reached the top show on StarOne yet...what are the people of India thinking of watching other non-sense shows? Like really?

dr.dsrsweetsutejparker

The_May_Rose IF-Stunnerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Beautifully explained Doy and Iagree completelyApprove....
It was pure magic!!Big smile....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsr

angel_9 Goldie
angel_9
angel_9

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Hi Doc...........
superb post.............loved it
wonderfully expressed............the Role reversal....................
shan being khanak & khanak being shan..........lovely way to  understand each other............these are only characters but they potray as they r real.............so yasharan ...........r awesome at their job...........
&
they know how to take our hearts............
&
Doc. lovely & awesome analysis.............ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsr

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index