No elimination as Mithunda uses veto power-Article

Xx_fehmida_xX thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

No elimination as Mithunda uses veto power; more surprises this week on DID Doubles

Geeta Ma with her motherGeeta Ki Gang paying her a Holi tribute 

This week's Dance India Dance Doubles will come as a shocker for the audiences as there will be no elimination this time around. Mithun Chakravorty will use his veto power to save the bottom two pairs much to the relief of the judges and the contestants.

A source reveals, "This week there will be no elimination as Dada uses his veto power. This week Prithvi-Vivek and Karan-Carling were in the bottom two and Dada was very shocked to see the two talented couples in that position. Therefore he decided to use his veto power and save them since he did not want either of them to go. In fact, during the episode Dada even apologized to the audiences for going against their decision and saving both the pairs."

There are seven pairs still left to battle it out in the competition.

Meanwhile, Mithunda who's been on a surprise giving spree to everyone, this time, chose to spring one on his favourite mentor, Geeta Kapur. He brought in Geeta ma's Maa who in turn decided to give her daughter more smiles by bringing in the latter's favourite ex-contestants like Dharmesh, Binny, Amrita, Siddhesh and Kishore. They all performed on Kapur's favourite numbers in the Holi special week.

Kapur was left speechless after the performance as she got teary eyed watching her kids perform back on the stage. She said, "I am mostly in touch with Dharmesh but since Binny has become Zee ki star and Siddesh has become a dancing sensation, I hardly get to see them. I am really happy to meet Amrita and Kishore, who have carved a niche for themselves in their chosen sphere."

Interestingly, her mother revealed a few unknown facts about her. She said, "Geeta was an early bird when it came to dancing. She started moving gracefully at the age of three. We used to live in this really tiny house with so many people hovering in and around … but Geeta would use the bed to practise her steps and would keep dancing all day long! Geeta first wanted to be an air hostess and she also did a bit of modelling before she joined Farah Khan as a background dancer."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pari2386 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Its really gonna be a pleasent time  to see 'Geeta ki gang ' dancing here  again ; specially Siddhesh and Amrita for me  but IMO this veto power and all appears  scripted thingii !!
 If  I remember well ; GM used Veto in first season and then now . If he really wanted to use it to save a talented dancer from elimination then why he did not use it at all in Season two to save brilliant dancers like Amrita-Amar ? The answer is simple; Zee wanted to cover up   show's one week  time which had been  preponed due to one participant's withdrawal due to injury ; Season 1 -Mangesh and this season hardik -Nidhi !!  Kyaa sahi mein public ko ulloo banate haii channel walen ! 😆
charmz517 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Karan and Carling do not deserve to stay. All the jodis remaining are really strong! How is MithunDa going to say that he can't watch either one of the bottom 2 jodis to leave?

What if next week the 2 strongest jodis, Amit-Fallon and Prithvi-Vivek are on the bottom? Then what is he going to do? That is when a VETO power would be worthy of use.

Of course, if the couple going home was supposed to be PV, then the VETO use is appropriate, however, if KC were supposed to go home, they should have been let go, as they do not deserve the VETO power.

Yes, Karan is probably one of the strongest INDIVIDUAL dancers on the show, however, as a JODI, they are the weakest, and the last I thought was that this was DID DOUBLE, not SINGLE.
😕
shootingstar27 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: charmz517

Yes, Karan is probably one of the strongest INDIVIDUAL dancers on the show, however, as a JODI, they are the weakest, and the last I thought was that this was DID DOUBLE, not SINGLE. 😕

Yup,agreed.As a jodi they are the weakest.Veto power wasted once again. 
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
So was it Geeta special episode ????
Prud123 thumbnail
I agree veto power could have been used save Prithvi-Vivek but not Karan-Carling.I mean if Karan-Carling dont deserve to go then who does.Dont get me wrong i think Karan-Carling are excellent dancers but as compared to others right now they are weakest.
Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
HA Ha! I knew the veto power was going to be used.  Just too bad Mihunda can't save his favs no more 😃
WreckLass thumbnail
Prithvi n Vivek?😲 why are they in the bottom 2?😡
vazyanezroz thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Couldn't he use it during the wildcard and maybe bring Max and Manik back? LOL.😛

And what's with him giving everyone surprises! Haha 😆

It's gonna be awesome watching the old contestants perform!! Especially Kishoreee ❤️

And omg wow how are KC and PV in the bottom? 
I have a feeling KC got lowest voted! Anyhoo, we don't really have to worry anyway. He used it and now it's gone! 🤔

Can't wait for tomorrow 😃
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
W*H is wrong with Zee/audience? Prithvi Vivek are potential winners 😡