Prisoner of Azkaban named film of the decade

Posted: 13 years ago

Prisoner of Azkaban named film of the decade

Prisoner of Azkaban

Prisoner of Azkaban was voted film of the decade by children aged five to 15

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban has been named film of the decade at the First Light Awards.

Producer David Heyman said it was an "honour and a privilege" to receive the award at a ceremony at London's Odeon Leicester Square.

The prize, voted for by the public in association with the Bafta Kids' Vote, was chosen by children aged five to 15.

Prisoner of Azkaban was up against other films including Shrek, Whale Rider, Happy Feet and Up.

Heyman said: "It's especially exciting and moving to be voted Film of the Decade by children aged five to 15.

"We made the film for children of all ages from from to 105 really, but clearly a core part of our audience is young people and to be honoured is a privilege."

Clemence Posey, who plays Fleur Delacour in the films and presented Heyman with the award, said she was sad the franchise was coming to an end this summer.

"I remember my last day of shooting which was the last day for a lot of people, and some of them had been there for more than 10 years, so it really became very emotional," she said.

The annual First Light awards celebrate short films made by young people.

Supported by the National Lottery through the UK Film Council, it provides funding and help to enable five to 19 year-olds to make their own short digital films and media projects

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12757207

Edited by rpratistha - 13 years ago
WOW, that's really great to know! Thanks for sharing.πŸ˜ƒ
thnx a lot for sharing.................... gr8 news
POA  !! yep it deserves to be the film of decade .Thnks 4 sharing !!
Posted: 12 years ago
For me it was, it is, n it will always be Prisoner of Azkaban! The way Alfonso Cuarondirected it was awesome! Agree hardcore book fans still doesnt like it very much, but even me myself is a hardcore HP book fan, n had read all the books ASAP! The way POA potrayed the emotions, the bonding, the Trio relationship is just awesome! For me its the only standalone harry potter movie which een every one (including non HP readers n fans) love to watch!

Rowling herself accepted in an interview that she got
"GOOSEBUMPS" after watching it for the things mysteries it revealed for the then unreleased OOTP, HBP n DH! N the music, this is only HP movie (except GOF also) where the music is used as an effective tool! Only this movie made me listen to the actual soundtracks, though Hedwigs Theme is my all time favourite! Double Trouble, A window to the past, Buckbeak's flight- these tracks are awesome n have been well used in the movie! I loved Harris n I even loved Gambon, for the change in charater potrayal! I always wished Cuaron had irected the finale!

Anyways my ranks for the movies is!
1-POA 
πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌβ­οΈπŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ₯³β€οΈ
2.5-DH1⭐️
3-HBP/GOFπŸ˜ƒ
4-COSπŸ‘
5-SS/PS (Soft corner being the initaitor)😊
10*infinity-OOTPπŸ˜‘πŸ˜”πŸ˜•β“πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ˜³πŸ€’πŸ˜­πŸ˜²πŸ˜’πŸ·

wow thatz really great thankz for sharing :)
YAYYY! It's the book/movie where we come to know about the AWESOME Marauder trio James, Sirius, Remus. And loads of Remus also! πŸ˜ƒ

I am so happy. πŸ₯³

HARRYPOTTER FOR THE WIN, BABY! 😎