Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Why am I still liking the show?

Ritzie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Quite a soul-searching question, isn't? 

Wait a minute. Soul-searching? For a show? 😲 I am a changed person over last couple of monthsπŸ˜†. PKYEK has impacted me a lot. Correction. IF (India-Forums) has impacted me a lot. Correction again, both have impacted me a lot. That's true - Shows influence our lives and so does people. πŸ˜› 

Why I am doing this soul-serching post? Because I answered yesterday a question that I still liked the show and started doubting if I have to be a PKYEK writer to like it.πŸ˜†

At least in my case that was not true as I did this soul-searching a couple of weeks earlier. I just wanted to see if I really liked the show unbiased, uninfluenced. I stayed away from IF (not from CCs - chat centres) and stopped reading or commenting on even my favourite writers' posts. This is what I found:

Abhay: He was always my favourite character. Under IF influence, I start hating him for his irrational behaviour. Uninflluenced, I still loved him and found his behaviour reasonable. 

Pia: Under IF influence, I started thinking she was the most stupid girl on earth. Well, uninfluenced, she still seemed understanding.

Mish: She is still one of my favourites. I loved her without hormonal influence and with them too.

Kabir: He is one character I felt same for with or without influence. Probably, I compared him with Jacob of Twilight and he is a different individual that I didn't expect.

Shaw/ Shankar: I seem to enjoy that track a lot. Not sure if it's normal but it's true. πŸ˜†

Mr D: He is always my favourite Dad except for his one mistake. But that mistake gave us Pia so, no complaints there.

Chandeena: They never made much impact on me except for the funny posts that I read at the Forum. So, no comments there.

Sid: Oooh. I still feel how was PKYEK was surviving without his entry for such a long time. But that surely means that PKYEK has content even without some important characters.

So, these are my opnions. I didn't detail them to what I liked or not about those characters as that was not intention of this post. The intention was only to realise that I found my own opinions. And yes, I am proud to say that these are mine and only mine.

(BTW, don't think this is my Farewell speech as it may seem very suicidal. I am here to stay to give my opinions. πŸ˜† I have found some very good friends/ people here. πŸ˜ƒ And NO, I realised I am not a PKYEK writer as I can write better than them🀣)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
RITZIE reserved for me..I am in a hurry gotta go on work..SO WILL READ IT ASAP & Answer..yayy I am so happy you did one post ..I always love them..God bless sweet heart..πŸ€—
EDITEd..!!

AWESOME RITZIE..hmmm so now I know why you said you were on a HIATUS kind of a thing for some time.πŸ˜†.GOOD observation ,πŸ‘..And i So agree with you..BUt actually with or without IF influence i agree with all what you have to say..!!about Each character..!..

And you dare not ..go anywhere anymore for your self research πŸ˜†.πŸ˜†.and all OK WE NEED YOU HERE..TO DROOL..all the way..!!πŸ€—

OH YEAH LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST ABHIYA are MY heatr & soul..so anyone ..anything will never change my love & madness for them..and the rest o fteh awesoem actors ..I like..them too because they influence ABHIYA..in whatever way they can..so that is it..MY world & PKYEK revolves round ABHIYA aka VISU..!! Sorry to have sounded so fanatic..but its TRUE I AM FANATIC..🀣
Edited by TOTAL-ROMANTIC - 13 years ago
mishu4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
u r sooooooo damn true bout most characters
and yes sid is 1 guy whose entry i luv
i think pkyek has really spiced up and become more fun 2 watch bcoz of his entry ind show
im eagerly waiting for d 10 din challenge 2 get over
sid  and mish r really awesum and d reasons for me watching d show
i juz luv dem and wud luv 2 see dem paired

<3
mishu4eva
SimiSays thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

well..i wholeheartedly agree wid u..!

n alike u, chandeena nvr made an impact on me either..

dey seem lik clowns especially chand rotating his neck.. no offence bt i rly laugh out loud wid dat..

wenevr d raichand haveli s shown..n deir same muzik begins.. i kinda fall frm my chair giggling al round..!

hwevr i so love abhay n pia.. n sid adds charm 2 d show wid his immensely strong acting skills n seeking attention power..! :)

.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I came to visit the PG, but the title of your post caught me, Ritzy! 

Res!

-Edited-

Firstly, Ritzy, amazing post! I absolutely loved it. I'm glad to know your 'uninfluenced' opinion. I, actually, never let anyone's opinion influence me in the first place. My uninfluenced opinions are as follows, if anyone cares πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Abhay: His behaviour isn't exactly 'irrational' for me, but I feel he can deal with the situation in a more sensible manner, only this time. Before this, I've hardly ever had complaints from the character, except his initial days when I did not have a proper insight into him.

Pia: No matter how irritating I'm finding her 'cry baby' phase, I've never found her to be dumb or weak or confused and above all, I've never doubted her love for Abhay. She is silly at times, but not stupid. In fact, I could even understand her during the time she impersonated Maithili or when she was horrified at Abhay's vampire form or when she threw the locket. It was a matter of state of mind and intentions. I'm not going to say any further.

Misha: As far as the character goes, there is no doubt that I still love her. It is the storyline which is putting me off.

Kabir: He's been oscillating between a jealous teenager and a complete jerk. I can never forgive EK for butchering him like this. Nevertheless, call me biased, but I still love him and his scenes are a treat no matter how annoyed I get at him.

Shaurya/Shankar: I can write a whole novel on how much I hate EK for this track, for turning Shaurya gay and introducing Shankar as Misha's potential love interest =/

Mr. D: Exactly the same opinion as yours! I love him despite that one mistake of his.

Chandeena: Again, I agree. They are a treat to watch only because the actors are good, specially Kishwer. Otherwise, the characters never impressed me despite being strong, neither do I look forward to their scenes. The only good thing about their scenes are that they always make sense and contribute to the story in a way. But they hardly ever make an impact on me or keep me hooked to the screens. I have urges to forward their scenes but I cannot since, like I said, almost always, they reveal something relating to the story.

Sid: I'm still wondering whether I should give an honest opinion about him or not because I can so sense the rotten eggs and tomatoes coming towards me. Anyhow, I'll take the risk. 
Now, I think everyone knows that I never liked him as the casanova boss. The only thing which impressed me after his entry was when he turned into his evil self and showed his true colours. I still like him even today, and of course, the actor is one of the best we have in the show. However, the overdose of his scenes is not going down well with me at all. No, the reason is not that AbhIya are being compromised. I'd rather have AbhIya instead of that uncalled for gay track and not instead of Sid. My problem is that he is such a strong character, the best in the show at present, why is he not being incorporated in the story in a proper way? Again, I like the character but the track could've been so much better! I don't know, even his scenes bore me now. His entry had really made things more interesting and this can be the best track ever of the show. I sincerely hope the CVs do justice to it, which they so far aren't according to me.

That was my two cents, or maybe a little more πŸ˜›
Nice post, once again, Ritz =)
Edited by Chill_Out - 13 years ago
Ritzie thumbnail
Originally posted by: TOTAL-ROMANTIC

RITZIE reserved for me..I am in a hurry gotta go on work..SO WILL READ IT ASAP & Answer..yayy I am so happy you did one post ..I always love them..God bless sweet heart..πŸ€—

Thanks Totzy. I am waiting for your reply,
Ritzie thumbnail
Originally posted by: mishu4eva

u r sooooooo damn true bout most characters

and yes sid is 1 guy whose entry i luv
i think pkyek has really spiced up and become more fun 2 watch bcoz of his entry ind show
im eagerly waiting for d 10 din challenge 2 get over
sid  and mish r really awesum and d reasons for me watching d show
i juz luv dem and wud luv 2 see dem paired

<3
mishu4eva

Thank you so much mishu. Yes even I feel so that PKYEK is spicier after Sid's entry. 

Oops, did you say Sid and Misha? Be ready girlie to get some tamaters and andas.πŸ˜† I am habitual of them by now. I love them individually but not sure how I will like them as a pair. lagta hai ek aur soul searching karni padegi uske liye πŸ˜†
Ritzie thumbnail
Originally posted by: SMITAKSHI

well..i wholeheartedly agree wid u..!

n alike u, chandeena nvr made an impact on me either..

dey seem lik clowns especially chand rotating his neck.. no offence bt i rly laugh out loud wid dat..

wenevr d raichand haveli s shown..n deir same muzik begins.. i kinda fall frm my chair giggling al round..!

hwevr i so love abhay n pia.. n sid adds charm 2 d show wid his immensely strong acting skills n seeking attention power..! :)

awwwwwwwwwww πŸ€—. Thanks a lot Smitaskhi for agreeing. It helps a lot to know that. 

ha ha Chandeena - yup I so agree but I do love what people write about them at the Forum. And I rofl too when I compare what people have written and what I see on the show. πŸ˜† Did you actually fall from the chair hearing that music? OMG πŸ˜†

Abhay, Pia, Sid are so adorable. Sid has very impactful presence whether it is his charms or his evil smile. 

MyArchangel thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Ritzi lovely post hun..i mostly agree with u except 4 shankar/shaurya thing πŸ˜† its jst tat i find it a big waste of time..utne time mujhe Abhay ko hi dikha dete..no offence hun.
Ashtad. thumbnail
Nice topic.

Well influence can do much, however for me personally it usually had no effect but only made me more regretable for beeing a forum viewer.

Abhay: I never judged him, right and wrong, up and down, not beeing the 'correct' typical hero made his character intresting, he is not the perfect good vampire, he is highly vulnerable hiding it well behind those supernatural powers and cold face...which makes it more relatable. Recently my complain is rather on creatives, for dragging some of his mood-swings, and for handeling some things totally out of line, which we would expect him no to even as vulnerable as he is, so i rather see it weak script thats affecting the whole show than analysing Abhay as character, and feel that his character has changed. influence made me never pro or against him just questinable.

Pia- Probably the most relatable charcter on the show, i never judged her eaither, her ups and downs was the most relatable ones, and her way of dealing with the average wekaness in life is surprising and refreshing. she is a vulnerable lonely yet strong soul and that without any show off, she doesnt need to show her great heart, she 'is' a great heart with the right support and words for her friends when they need it. As much as impulsive fans might not understand i like her 'downs' when its comes to , lets say the father-daughter issue, the behaviour is natural yet not overrated. probably one of my very few favourite heroines:) and stupid is not even a word i could associate with this girl. in some very few cases rather impulsive and helpless. infulences never made feel any different, rather made me more quastionable of how some ppl simply make something so big out of nothing without any understanding.  

Kabir: he is what he is supposed to be, sporting, kind yet not always carefull with his behaviour , impulsive. mature yet a kid in serious matters.Basically a normal college boy.

Sid: i was looking forward for a character like his, but i feel the whole thing is beeing handled wrongly, dragging and many times out of line, so if creatives can handle it well and in portion i would like him as one of my fav charcaters on the show. however his attitude is what a 'jeaolus brother, and abandoned son would be' so i can relate to the charcter but the script on him and with him is going wrong.and influence from forum have never really impacted me on this one to like or dislike him. 

Chandeena, are fine where they are....influenced or not, their scenes recent days have been repetitive in same line, there was a time a wished they would be more involved, and now comes days when their involvevment only seems like a drag. one influnece is for sure the 'head-moves' , which i wouldnt out much thaught on otherwise,lol

Misha, Shaw, Shankar: Well, mishas character has not been really relatable cause it at points seem rather overrated and at some points more childish. averagly its fine and whats its supposed to be, the tomb-boy who wants to show a strong surface hiding the rather sensitive and more weak inside. impulsive in initiall days, but been changed with the months. and beeing infulenced  has not had a affect on me to like or dislike her less or more. and shaw shankar angle to it, well even if it can be funny at some points, averagly its just so not related to this kind of show in any angle, so no i dislike it.

Angad-Ruhi, the angle i feel creatives should have for the little comdey spice every once in a while as they do, and drag down on other so called comedy thats not funny actually.  kinda neutral with a posotivity towards them regardless infulence.

But true, even beeing a more silent reader , i have tried to stay away from forum, as the comments dont infulence in any right direction usually. and are usually fav-biased, or impulsive without deep thaught on it.

However, how i feel abt other charcaters is not that much of importance at the end of the day as i am one of the average who is attracted to show cause of main plot and main story of which we havnt seen, let be any progress, but any fair proportion of. doesnt matter how awesome or awful side charcaters are, main charaters and main plot should not be sacrificed for em and well, i guess the creatives will soon wake up and understand that seeing their show out of 100 with decreased TRPs. or i hope they willπŸ˜•πŸ˜†.

lol, u just made me write an essayπŸ˜†

Edited by -Hello- - 13 years ago