Sasural Genda Phool

A random thought

NilayB thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

A random thought came to my mind. I for one live in an ancestral home (in a joint family) & have seen many ancestral homes of my relatives & also within my locality. One thing I noticed in every house is the placement of "Tulsi". Whenever a house consists of an "Aangan", the "Tulsi" structure & the "Tulsi" plant in it is built at the centre of the "Aangan". The religious theory behind it is to spread happiness & capture despair equally from all directions from people living around it. Scientifically, it purifies the air equally in every direction.

A strange thing I noticed that even though the Kashyap house has an "Aangan", the "Tulsi" in their home is situated on the terrace.

Considering the that its an actual house & not a set (If it's a set, than it's a mistake) & also that traditions in & outside Goa are same, I wonder what was the thought behind doing so…..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

locopoco thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Even I have seen joint families and really old houses but Tulsi in the  middle of the house (angaan) is only shown in tv series or films. In reality its kept either on the terrace (if there's no space for lawn) or there's a big plant in the lawn.

I'm glad SGP shows more of reality then showing the same old filmi story again and again. Also I like the fact that the females are dressed casually at home (no over the top make up or sarees).
NilayB thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: locopoco

Even I have seen joint families and really old houses but Tulsi in the  middle of the house (angaan) is only shown in tv series or films. In reality its kept either on the terrace (if there's no space for lawn) or there's a big plant in the lawn.

I'm glad SGP shows more of reality then showing the same old filmi story again and again. Also I like the fact that the females are dressed casually at home (no over the top make up or sarees).

Did u read the post correctly. I live in a house like that & have seen many of my relatives & also within my locality.

Anyways. It was a random thought. Never mind