Chapter9
Chapter10
Chapter11
Chapter12
Chapter13
Chapter14
Chapter15
Part 2

FYI Edited: This Fan Fic will be updated about twice a month on weekends. You can shed tears and beg all you want, but that won't change anything. Sorry!

Edited by laxmi2010 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Aankhon Mein Teri

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Prologue

Geet was sitting alone in her room, fervently praying. "Please, Babaji, please. Please help me. I don't want to do this and if you don't help me, I don't know how I'll survive. Please!"

Geet continued to pray until she heard a noise. It was faint, but was becoming louder. She slid off the bed, and made her way to the closed door slowly, somewhat hampered by the heavy bridal clothing. Easing the door open slightly, she was able to hear better. She couldn't make out any words, but she could hear Daarji and Brij veerji. They sounded very angry.

She looked up and down the hall, hoping someone would tell her what happened. She had been forbidden to come out until it was time for the jaimala. She was desperate to find out if the shouting meant Babaji had answered her prayers. Devji seemed to be a nice person, but she didn't want to marry him. She didn't want to marry anybody.

Just as she was contemplating if she should brave Daarji's wrath and come out, she saw her mother hurrying down the hall, worry visible on her face. "Kya hua, Maa?" (What happened, Mom?)

"You need to come down right away. Daarji wants you." Rano grabbed Geet's hand and started pulling her toward the stairs.

"Lekin, Maa." (But, Mom.)

"Chup. Tum chup raho!" (Quiet. You keep quiet.)

Geet was led down the stairs by her mother, and as she got closer to the shouting, she could hear Daarji shouting about how their trust had been broken. As they entered the entrance hall, she could see Sonali Singh, Devji's grandmother, standing with hands folded and head bowed in front of Daarji. Devji's other grandmother, Savitri Devi stood back a ways, looking quite upset. Soon they all noticed that the bride had come, and Daarji stalked over to where Geet was standing, grabbing her hand and pulling her to the middle of the room.

"Look!" he bellowed. "Look at our girl, dressed as dulhan, waiting for her dulha! How long will she wait?"

Sonali just kept her head bent, even as Geet asked very quietly, "Daarji, what has happened? Maa wouldn't tell me anything."

Daarji's eyes flashed, as he said angrily, "This woman's pota has cheated us all. He has fled the marriage, and left us to face the consequences!"

"Sukhdevji, please, hume maaf kar dijiye." (Sukhdev, please forgive me.)

"Forgive you. Forgive you? What forgiveness? This is outrageous! I have never been so insulted, never seen such low character, and you ask for forgiveness?"

"Daarji, please calm down. It's not Sonaliji's fault," said Geet, her usually timidity around Daarji forgotten in the exhilaration of discovering her groom had deserted her.

Without warning, Daarji smacked Geet hard across the cheek, sending her sprawling on the floor, and causing the ladies present to gasp. "Dare you open your mouth! This situation is just as much your fault as it is anyone's. I don't know how many times I warned you not to associate with that Meera D'souza. I told you that no good would come of associating with someone with a different culture, but you defied me time and time again. Now that wh--- has seduced your fiance into leaving you, and you expect me to be calm."

"Sukhdevji," came the commanding voice of Savitri Devi. "This outburst is doing no good."

"Of course not. How can there be any good when your shaitani dohta has destroyed not just Geet's life, but all our lives? Do you realize how much this has cost us, not just in money, but also in friends?"

"Sukhdevji, the mistake is from our side. We will happily repay any expense that has been made on your behalf." Savitri Devi continued to present a calm front, even has she came forward and helped Geet to her feet.

"Yes, that is just what I might have expected. Money makes everything right, is that it? Money will return our standing in the community. It will return my longtime friend, whose grandson's proposal I rejected in favor of Dev Singh, Son of one of the most respected families in Punjab. Sab ke samne hum kya jawab denge? Hum sharm kaise sahna hoge?" (What answer will we give everyone? How will we endure the shame?)

"But, it is we who should be ashamed," said Sonali Singh, finally able to speak up again. "We will gladly tell all that the cancellation of the marriage is no fault of yours."

"How very noble of you," burst out Brij, who had let Daarji do all the speaking until this point. "But of what use is that to my sister? Will that give her back her izzat? No! She is damaged goods now. No one will marry her after this. Her life is worthless now!"

Though the shouting was scary enough, and the slap was painful, Geet had grown up in the Handa family, and was no stranger to either behavior. These things had not upset her over much, as her chief concern over the unwanted marriage had been taken care of by Babaji. No, she had felt quite calm on the inside, until Brij had said her life was worthless. The way he looked at her made her blood run cold. She involuntarily backed away from him, and in doing so, bumped into Savitri Devi. She said a quiet sorry, which Savitri Devi acknowledged before turning once again to face Daarji.

"Many extreme words have been said, when there is absolutely no need. I believe I have a solution to the entire situation. I have another grandson."

Laxmi's Lafz:

So, many people were missing my comments at the end of the update in Tum Kaun Ho? Therefore, I've decided to bring it back for this story. As I mentioned in the first post, this story is getting updated once a week. I know that will disappoint many people, but it really would be impossible for me to update this one as frequently as I do the other. However, updates will probably end up being longer, so that should be an adequate compensation for the wait.

One more thing, in this story I will be including some dialogues in Hindi, most will be in English. There's no particular reason why something would be in English or Hindi, except that it's how I'm hearing the characters in my head. When I have sentences that are mostly/all Hindi, I will put the English translation in bold at the end of the paragraph. This is a bit different from my previous FFs.

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
ninand thumbnail
wow... sounds like another very interesting story.. though by the style of the prologue, I would say this would be a paced a little higher and with hindi too, 'd be a little more earthy.. than the other one... yep definitely interesting.  

looking forward to it.

(PS: always like it better when Maan Geet are in India as in the show... so there😳)
Edited by ninand - 13 years ago
vivacious_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
prologue looks quite interesting...

Geet praying to babaji to save her from marriage....
Babaji answering her prayers by making dev run away ...
but poor geet...little did she know that savitri devi would offer maan's hand in marriage....

lol.....
nice laxmi....
btw hows ur mom now...hope she is better
_mahi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
oh wowwww👏👏👏
so interesting😳😳😳
please keep updating dear😛
wishes n love😳

Kituu😃
Viji79 thumbnail