Users

Frequent Posters

ixiaa thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
the precap is interesting. plz update soon
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Chapter 20: Bittersweet Encounter
Maan was startled by the sudden assault on his stomach and his hands instantly curled into a fist but the sight in front of his eyes prevented him from returning the favor. He looked amusedly at the little girl, probably no more than five years old with her hands on her hips and a commanding aura around her. Figuring the tall man did not understand her gesture, she once again snapped her fingers and indicated him to bend down. Maan, as if cast under a spell, mechanically bent down to the little girl's eye level. The little girl in front of him had sharp features with dark chocolate brown eyes, he couldn't call her hair curly yet it wasn't straight, probably wavy black hair, and cute little dimples were visible when her lips formed a thin line. She stood with her arms crossed and her foot tapping restlessly and anger evident in her grim look. Another boy and a girl stood beside her, a little taller than her, with a similar look. Maan looked at the tiny tots and smiled at them revealing all his 32 teeth to them. As soon as he smiled the little girl who seemed like the leader of the gang twisted her face as though she had seen something disgusting.
Before Maan could ask what was the matter the little gang leader quipped, "Please do not smile, especially showing your teeth. Its scary you know."

Her statement startled Maan for it sounded very familiar, he quickly closed his mouth but her statement had evoked some nostalgic moments. He brushed away the similarity in the statement and concentrated on the three musketeers standing before him.

"I'm sorry, can I help you guys?" he asked genuinely.

"Look here mister, I haven't come here for peace talks," the leader said narrowing her eyes.

Maan couldn't understand what she was trying to say. "I am sorry sweetheart but I didn't get you," he said looking puzzled.

"Oh please don't sweetheart me," she said waving her hands, "and don't act too innocent. You clearly knew what you were doing. And I have come here to warn you," she threatened dangerously.

Maan could not understand what the little girl was saying but was quietly enjoying her cute threats. For some unknown reason he let her boss him around but he had absolutely no clue what she was trying to say. The other two kids were trying to whisper something to the leader but she simply brushed them off saying she was not scared of him.

"From the time you came you have been secretly trying to catch a glimpse of my mother. Let me tell you mister, stop ogling at her warna (or else)," she said pointing her index finger threateningly at him.

Maan was clearly amused but wanted to play scared along with her. "Oh is that the matter?" he asked.
            "Why did you think otherwise?" she smirked at him.

"Nahi (No), by the way how do you know Hindi?" he asked hoping to get know this little girl who had made a special place in his heart already. Her daredevil attitude and her confidence to face an unknown stranger without hesitation was applaudable. On top of that she was defending her mother showing her genuine concern and love for her mother.

"Why is that of concern here?" she asked knotting her eyebrows.

"No, its just that I was curious to see a little girl in New York speaking a language from a far off land," he said with a smile.

"We do speak Hindi at home. But that's not the point here mister; I have come to warn you. Don't you dare look at my mom again! And please don't think she has nobody to stand up for her. Main hoon (I am there), and I am enough to deal with men like you. Samjhe aap (Do you understand)?" she said biting her lower lip and waving her finger dangerously at him.

Maan didn't want to say anything against the little angel standing in front of him. "Ji begam sahiba," he said faking a scared tone.

"Aan antha bayam irukkatum, (You better be scared. note this is not a literal translation)" she smirked. Satisfied that she had scared him enough, she turned to leave when she heard the man call out to her again.

"Ab kya hai? (Now what?)" she asked agitated.

"Arre gussa mat hoyiyega, main bas aapka naam janna chahta hoon. Aapka naam kya hai? (Oh please don't get angry, I just wanted to know your name. What's your name?)" he asked sweetly.

"Kyun complain karoge kya? Hm! Karlo Kritika naam hai mera, (Why are you going to complain huh? Fine do it! Kritika is my name)" Kritika said haughtily holding her head high.

"Kritika? That's a lovely name. Mera naam hai Maan (My name is Maan)," Maan said extending his hand.

"Maine aapse aapka naam poocha? Nahi na, toh phir? Ab aap please hatiye mujhe bahut kaam hai (Did I ask for your name? No right? Then why are you telling me? Now please move I have a lot of work to do)," she said turning away and walking briskly while her companions stood rooted to their place.

Maan smiled and shook his head at her behavior. The companions who came with her stood staring at him. He smiled at them and was asking their name when he saw Kritika come storming back.

"Oi Chandu nokku enna vethala pakku vecchu chollanuma? Variya illa ingaye irukkiya? (Chandu, do you need special invitation? Are you coming or staying here?)" she asked with her hands on her hip, "And you Cassie, what are you doing standing here, come on its getting late for sailboat!" Kritika frowned.

"Illadi jaanu (No sweetheart) he was asking us something that's why," Chandu said guiltily while Cassie just shrugged grinning cheekily.

"Jaanu," Maan thought looking at Chandu suspiciously. It was not long since he met Kritika and he already felt his fatherly instincts kicked in when he saw that little boy call Kritika as sweetheart. He was confused at his own thoughts; for some reason he felt drawn towards that sweet little girl who wasn't scared to stand up against the Maan Singh Khurana. After a long time he felt peaceful looking at her and talking to her and he didn't feel like letting her go. His mind was questioning his desire but his heart brushed away those thoughts for he was brimming with joy.

"Aama ethavathu saaku pokku chollu, (Make up reasons)" she said hitting her forehead in frustration.

"Arre Kritika us bechara ladka ko kyun dandt rahe ho? (Why are you scolding that poor boy, Kritika?)" Maan barged in suppressing his urge to whack the boy for calling Kritika as jaanu. Kritika gave Maan a cold stare for poking his nose while she was talking to her best friend.

"Adadadada (Oh my god)," she sighed, "Look here mister?" she said trying to remember his name but failing to do so she continued, "eh, jo bhi ho (whoever), I was talking to my friend here. Aap kyun beech mein ghus rahe ho? (Why are you talking in the middle)" she said pounding her fist on her palm. Before Maan could reply she heard somebody calling her name.

"Kriti!" the voice called out again. Maan tried to look over to see who was calling but due to the thick trees near the pond, they were hid from public view. Kritika turned to recognize the source of the voice.

Before leaving for good Kritika wanted to give a final warning to the man, who was unusually too friendly, standing in front of her. "I hope you have very well understood my warning. Do not even try to come near my mother," she was about to say more when she heard the person calling for her again. Inhaling a sharp breath she turned around walked a few steps and shouted something long but Maan caught only two words. He replayed it in his mind, "Haan pappa (Yes Pappa)?" he asked himself and tried to look at whom Kritika was addressing. Kritika gave him a final glare before calling for her friends to rush behind her. She ran through the trees and almost tripped on the huge tree root that stood as a hurdle. Maan rushed to catch her when he saw a strong pair of hands engulf the little angel in time before she hit the ground. Maan heaved a sigh of relief but was curious to see who had saved her. He walked a few paces to get a clear view of the savior only to get the shock of his life.

A tall and well-built man adorned in black shirt and black formal pants with his hair slightly spiked and wearing gold-rimmed aviators picked up Kritika and threw her in the air before catching her securely in his arms. Kritika was laughing uncontrollably while the man kissed her cheeks before wishing her something.

Maan clearly recognized the man whom Kritika, from what he heard, had called Pappa. The man, who was not in good terms with him for reasons unknown to him, had walked away with Geet five years ago, the man, "Arjun Singhania," Maan gasped a bit loudly finishing his line of thoughts. The scenes came rushing to him and flashed in front of his eyes. He had begged Geet to stay but her adamant nature over took her and she had resolved to leave him, in fact leave the country itself. She told him it was for his own good and failed to reveal her destination or her contact information. He had tried pleading with her, getting angry, and even crying but she had asked him not to make it hard for her and taken a promise never to come looking for her. The day she left she had kissed him on his forehead; tears had carelessly rolled down from both their eyes, yet she put up a brave face and left with Arjun. She had taken a promise from him to not look for her and he cursed himself everyday for giving it to her. Geet left without a trace taking most of his happiness away but the final nail in the coffin was Radhika's leave of him. Very soon, Radhika had graciously followed her; in fact she had gone a level higher. From that day, he was a living corpse. He had forgotten the word happiness and lived only for his Daadima. Performing the daily rituals like a robot he had lived a mechanical life.

Maan's lips curled to form a slow smile. After five years he remembered what it was to smile. If Arjun were here then definitely Geet would be here he beamed mentally. And that little angel would definitely be his Geet's daughter. No wonder he found Geet's resemblance in Kritika. The same stubborn nature, the same cute little dimples when she pouted or smiled. A Geetanjali Handa junior he concluded with a smirk. He wanted to call Arjun, but before he could, all of them had left. He looked around but found no trace of them; the last ray of hope had vanished into thin air. Maan's heart sunk; he slumped on the ground ignoring the muddy dry twigs wet ground. A lone tear escaped his eyes and fell on a dry leaf nearby, moistening it.

sorry for delay guys. i was intent on trying to finish the other SS: Karmas of Love that i failed to update this. SHORRY πŸ˜• i know it kind of seems too dragging if u feel so please let me know i shall see to it u dont lose interest. hopefully the maan kriti encounter is good. please do let me know hoe it was so that i can be able to write further. if i dont see ur output i wont know what to write n i shall cont writing crap like i do now. so please please comment away... also i know maan is going through a lot n i am sure to get a lot of jhutis for it (esp from dia πŸ˜†) please do bear with me u shall not regret it...
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Me first! yay!Loved the update! Kritika is a firecracker! lol can't wait to see if maan finds Geet or not... Edited by Krishnaluv94 - 12 years ago
Dilsay thumbnail
Thanks for the PM.
Loved it the way Kriti met her dad for the first time ...
would want to know what went wrong with Maneet and why Geet had to leave him with a promise of not to look for her...
continue soon

mitzi11 thumbnail
first let me tell ur
doing excellent job
dont yu dare doubt
thatπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘β­οΈ
first time MSK  found someone
scared him of😲
love katrika & maan encounter
yu did justice mindblowing one
maan father intstict kick in
i'm glad he got to know
its geet daughter
cant wait to know why geet left?
in my guess geet left because radhika
but radhika was maan bestfriend
dont lough madhu just try to solve
the puzzle yaarπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
cant wait to read more
yu better update soonnn
muah yu keep the promise
mesmerized update
now can sleep in peace

thank-you-desi-glitters-35

Edited by sharmake11 - 12 years ago
mrk-1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
wow awsome one yaar...loved it !!!!! 
do continue soon 
meravigiliso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow,loved it .little kritika is deadly combibnation of geet and maan .plz continue soon\.
tanya_vi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Loved the Kriti-Maan encounter..Her dialogues cracked me up..especially when she asked him, not to show his teeth 'coz it's  scaryπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Good work Madhu..keep updating honey..
I love this FF.😊
--Ratna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Madhu  πŸ€—...thank u for the lovely update and PM...loved the super cute scene between Maan and Kritika...finally he met her...glad to see his protectiveness and feelings towards her...but what is this ...she calls Arjun Pappa πŸ˜²...and what do u mean about Radhika leaving him but at a higher level...is she dead...too much suspense ...going crazy wondering about their past πŸ˜•...plz continue soon my dear... .TC πŸ˜Š

RageOfAnAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Ok , it seems from Maan's monologue that Geet leaving him was done taking his consent into account πŸ€” .
Why did let her go ??? πŸ˜•
Now , he knows that Kritika is Geet Jr. ; I do hope he finds the whereabouts of Geet .
I wonder what transpired that Geet left him & promised not to look for him πŸ€“

Loved Kritika & Maan's encounter πŸ‘πŸΌ
Kritika was really sweet the way she dealt with Maan 
Loved it & thanks for pm ... πŸ˜Š