Maaneet FF: Whispering Knolls NEW LINK on Pg141 - Page 26

Posted: 12 years ago
ALL RIGHT MY LOVELY READERS HERE IS THE NEXT PART! I WAS THINKING OF WRITING ONE MORE PAST BEFORE I CAME BACK TO PRESENT BUT I KNOW PEOPLE WOULD KILL ME IF I LEFT THEM GUESSING THE MEHMAAN πŸ˜†
Chapter 14: A Mirage
           His hug was crushing her little body as she struggled to wriggle out of his embrace.
            "Maan chodiye mujhe," Geet's voice was muffled in his chest as he held on to her tightly. Maan seemed to be least bothered by her struggle to get away from him and continued to hold her fearing she would disappear if he did so.
            "Maan!" she screamed in between her attempts to get away from him. She finally managed to push him away to get a better look at Maan. He looked pale, his eyes were sunken yet had a thousand questions piercing at her. Geet had feared this very look. She did not want to face him or his questions and that was the reason she had walked away from him.
"Maan please aap yahaan se jayiye," she pleaded while trying to close the door.
"Geet," he choked as tears freely rolled from his eyes. He saw her trying to shut away from him again. He was not willing to give up after trying all these years to find her. He caught her arm and jerked her towards him while she twirled and fell on his chest. Without delay he crushed his lips on her emanating his fear of losing her again.
The quickness of his kiss and the sweetness of his lips left Geet speechless. She wanted to scream him to stop yet only a moan escaped from her mouth. She desperately wanted to get away from him but his kiss deepened sucking away her fears. His hands freely moved to exploring her tiny waist bringing her closer to him, making her one with him.  Her action of pounding his chest to get away from him slowly turned into her arms slowly moved to encircling his neck. She knew it was wrong; in fact it was an act of utmost sin to be kissing him, yet her pleasure overrode her reasoning. She had promised herself to stay away from him and Radhika and here she was kissing him away shamelessly.
Maan slowed down to nibble her lower lip while continuing to hold her close to him.
"Kyun Geet? Did you think you walking away from me was the only solution?" he asked in between kissing her cheeks that were streaked with her salty tears. Geet eased at his gesture and stopped trying to fight his tight grip. His embrace was way to strong to get out of so there was no point of fighting a losing battle against Maan Singh Khurana. She looked deep into his brown eyes that spoke volumes piercing right through her naked soul. Their ragged and uneven breathing slowed down to a more rhythmic pace and Maan loosened his grip and brought his arms to cup her cheeks.
"Geet mujhe chodke agar tum agli baar gayi na to mujhse bura koi nahi hoga samjhi tum?" he asked looking deep into her hazel brown eyes. The intensity of his gaze and the concern in his voice portrayed his feelings for her. Concern, could she see only concern? She searched his gaze again to see more to it. But she failed miserably. She had always found concern not love. She was right in walking away from him because she knew she would never see anything but concern and sympathy for her.
Geet stepped back from his hold and squeezed her eyes to let the remaining tears roll down her cheek. How could she forget those eyes carried love only for one person? She shook her head for her stupidity in believing that maybe she would see something else in those eyes. She composed herself and straightened to stand a few steps away from Maan. She wiped away her tears as though she would succeed in wiping away the pain she felt in her heart.
Geet took and sharp breath and cleared her throat to address the man in front of her. "Maan there is no use talking about it now. I have learnt to fend myself all these years and I shall in the future too. Now please abhi isi vaqt aap yahaan se chali jaayiye, that is what is best for Radhika, you, and me," she said as calmly as possible.
Maan's eyes reflected pain, pain Geet's words had caused him. She never found it necessary to explain her sudden absence in his life. And after all this while she didn't even want to come back. He wanted her to be part of his life, in the every tiny step he took. That is what she had wanted too, she had made him promise never to let go of her even if she let go of him. And here she was ready to walk away again and push him out of her life.
Maan hung his head down disappointed that he had lost in the battle of life. The word failure failed to exist in his dictionary and yet today he stood like a loser number one, having lost everything in his life.
Geet turned to face her back to him, traced back a few steps and brought the door with her to shut him out. Her heart screamed otherwise, but her brain was determined that the choice she makes right now would be the best choice. He stood numb outside the door, not resisting her closing the door on him. She had brought the door almost near where he stood and was about to close the door when a strong had stopped her from doing so.
"Geet, please ek baar toh vaapas aao," he pleaded. "I need you, Radhika needs you, Daadima needs you."
She was not surprised by his sudden act of holding the door. He was Maan Singh Khurana afterall, he never would give up easily.
"Maan I have told you, please don't question me further anymore. Go away from here right now."
He looked up to meet her gaze and when she saw him loosen his grip on the door, she managed to bang it shut. It was the rudest thing she could have ever done to the man she loved. Yet she was running out of options, she didn't want him to know what had happened, it would just put his life in danger. The society would question his values and it would just cause more confusion in his life. She loved him too much to put him at risk.
Closing the door shut, she immediately stood against the door fighting back her tears. On the other end, Maan continuously banged the door shouting her to open it. He screamed, he pleaded, he even threatened to break the door, but she stood unmoved by his actions. She finally gave up her fight to stop her tears as she broke down completely. She let out a loud sob while cursing her tough luck life. She slid down the door crying loudly forgetting Kritika would wake up if she raised her voice any higher. She sat crouched by the door hiding her face between her knees hoping she could go back and erase the past.
The banging on the door continued while the voice constantly shouted her to open the door. The voice sounded distant yet sharp. The door seemed to give into the banging and seemed to vibrate as a result of the hitting.
Suddenly she shuddered as though the banging of the door had rocked her body. She jerked her eyes open to the sound of loud banging of the door while the person from outside called her continuously fearing the worse.
"Ammulu!" he screamed, "you there?"
Geet fluttered her eyes open to find peacefully sleeping Kritika in her arms while she herself was comfortably seated on the sofa. The banging of the doors her caused her to wake up to find all this while she had dreamed about him. The reality was Maan had never come to meet her here. It was her mere imagination and the dream had dissolved into nothingness.
A silent tear had escaped her eyes thinking about the dream she had a few minutes ago. She knew it would never turn out real, Maan would never find her and he could live in peace without her presence. Geet came back to reality as she heard the banging again. She wiped away her tears, carefully placed Kritika on the couch, and straightened to get the door.
Geet ran to the door to open it because she knew if she delayed the next second Arjun would break it open. She opened the door to find Arjun looking worried.
"Ammulu, is everything okay?" he asked with concern washing his face, "main kabse se darwaza knock kar raha hoon, and no response at all."
"Woh main sofe pe hi so gayi thi so didn't hear you knocking the door," Geet said.
"That's it right? Nothing serious?" Arjun asked to make sure she was really alright.
"Nahi baba, everything is fine."
"Accha teekhai," he said walking into her house removing his shoes.
"How was the trip?" she asked.
"Oh god! It was really boring. Sab log kaam kaam baat kar rahe the, no fun at all," he said shaking his head. Arjun walked near the couch to find Kritika peacefully sleeping and bent down to give her a light kiss on her forehead. He looked back to see Geet who was looking at them thoughtfully. She seemed lost in some thoughts while her face looked pale. Arjun knew her too well to believe her words that she was okay. He stood up to face her sunken eyes and gestured her to sit down on the sofa.
"Geet you definitely don't look alright. Please batao kya hua? Koi bura sapna tha kya? Did you dream about that night again?" he asked with concern
Geet immediately turned to face his intense gaze. It was hard to not think about that night, but in the past year or so she had managed to hide the dark days of her past deep somewhere inaccessible to her heart. She shook her head as tears streamed down her face. "Nahi us raat yaad nahi," she said contemplating on next words. "I… I," she stammered finding hard to get the right words, "I dreamt that he came here."
Arjun immediately sat down to face her ashen face. He cupped her face and made her look at him. "Ammulu, please don't worry too much, he shall never know you are here, even if he does he can never come near you as long as I am alive," he said with a slight undertone of anger.
"No he shall find me," she groaned. "He is coming here," she said remembering the conference.
"What?" Arjun asked panicking Geet's reaction.
"Haan, he is coming here on business work. He is attending the annual architecture conference that is going to be held next week here in New York City," she said controlling her urge to cry. "I have been asked to attend the conference with my boss to attend the lecture he is going to give. I think me worrying too much about that took a toll on my dreams that I dreamt he was here. Magar mujhe samaj main nahi aa raha hai main kya karoon," she said in between her sobs.
"Geet, please don't worry too much," he said trying to comfort her. But no amount of comforting or assurance helped her stay calm. She constantly cried fearing Maan might find her soon. Arjun gave her a huge bear hug to soothe her of her pains. He constantly pat her and rocked her a little to relieve her of grief.
     Finally, Geet had cried herself to sleep in the sofa itself. Arjun found her sleeping peacefully and carefully placed her head in a comfortable position and turned to pick up Kritika. He carried Kritika to the bed and laid her on the bed and tucked her safely in before returning to the hall. He didn't want to disturb Geet, as he feared she might once again break down. He walked to the opposite sofa, settled down and stretched his legs to the other side and closed his eyes while dreams evaded his sleep.

I KNOW HALF THE PEOPLE WOULD BE CURSING ME NOW. BUT SORRY I HAD ALWAYS HAD ANOTHER SCENE FOR THEIR REAL MEETING πŸ˜† SO THIS IS JUST A TRAILER πŸ˜‰ HOPE U GUYS LIKED IT.... 
i noticed half the people i send pms to dont even bother to press the like button πŸ˜­ please do at least hit the like button.... commenting is always welcome....
Madhu  πŸ€—.....me first  .......all that awesome scene was a dream 😲.......omg the story is getting so interesting......waiting for Maaneet to meet......and wondering who is Radhika?.......and why did she come between Maaneet πŸ˜•.....glad Geet has Arjun for support.......thank u for the lovely update and PM......plz continue.....TC 😊

Edited by PerfectYaRav - 12 years ago
loved it . yaar pa inda Radhika????

i liked it but as far as im concerned i wud like that u clear the past in one go. that keeps our mind to move in one direction. half past half present isπŸ˜•
i liked the dream and fear she has of maan.... nw in inquisitive about this radhika.
AWESOME ,FAB,EVEN  I WAS FLABBERGASTED HOW COME MAN KNOW GEET'S ADDRESS .O.K IT WAS DREAM .BUT OTHERWISE IT IS HEARTWRENCHING TO SEE GEET STATE. Edited by acjanfeb1 - 12 years ago
nice update ... 

thnx 4 d pm..

continue soon ...
hey,nyc ff...plz m m.......continue soon......

it would reallu be nice if u could tell d past in one go.........its quite confusing....once past once present...........den concentrare on the present...............

its just a suggestion ...........

loved ur ff....

byeee
that was a dream....😲...i was expecting too much from it...πŸ˜†

what is the deal with radhika....i mean who is radhika?? n what happened that night?? i guess i have to wait a while for the answers.....πŸ˜”

glad to know that arjun is there to support her....to be with her....

cant wait for the next part....update soon....
i loved it.......bt so sad that it was only the dream of geet.......hope they shall meet soon.....continue soon...........
oh god u made that a dream seq.........i was hyping up every min while reading it for nothing......
too much of hype for the past and wat happened bw them............
who is this radhika..........and wat did she promise..............too many questions
pl cont soon