Maaneet FF: Whispering Knolls NEW LINK on Pg141 - Page 24

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by drashsree100

Hi , ok I came across your FF  & did a marathon reading of 12 parts together .
Loved the concept , Geet & Maan ' s characters were sketched out very well . Well am eager to know who was @ the door ...πŸ€“

Nice parts & do continue ..... πŸ˜ƒ

thnx soooooo much! yes i shall cont soon πŸ˜‰
Chapter 13: Ripped Apart

Geet tried to walk again but she was pulled back again. She was annoyed by the fact that Maan was trying to hold her back.
            "Mere haat chodiye," Geet said in between stifling her tears. There was no reply. She again repeated a little louder and yanked her hand away. She heard a loud tear and was shocked to find her shirtsleeves ripped away. Maan also looked curiously for the cause of the noise. Geet realized that Maan had not held her but it was the stupid table and in the process her shirt was caught and now she had a torn shirt to take care of. Could the day get any better she thought cursing her ill luck and blaming her Muruga. First her boss orders her to make coffee and chides her for its ill taste and next thing she knows is she has ripped her shirtsleeves right in front of the man whom she despised. Tears were carelessly running down her cheek while she violently tried to wipe them away. She tried fixing her sleeves by trying to hold them together somehow so that she wouldn't make a fool out of herself walking through the office with torn sleeves.
Geet's failed attempts caught the attention of Maan. He was initially amused at the sight but quickly felt pity on seeing Geet's tears roll down incessantly. He did want to make her pay for her rude behavior but not at the expense of her dignity. He pulled out his blazer got up from his seat and pulled out his blazer hanging behind his chair. He extended the blazer to her in the hope she would accept it.
Geet shot an angry glare at him. He first insults her and now he thinks he could make it up by donating his blazer generously. She wondered whether Maan Singh Khurana born to be selfish or was he an epitome of selfishness. Her cheeks burned with anger for him evaporating the tears that were continuously rolling down her cheeks.
"Aap zyaada smart mat baniyega," she spat angrily, "you cannot salve the situation by offering your blazer, this shirt ripped because of you, so unless you ask sorry I am not going to leave you."
"Hello, excuse me? This shirt ripped because of your carelessness, and I was kind enough to offer you my blazer so that you don't have to face embarrassment when you walk around the office," Maan said folding his hands on his chest. "Stop acting like a little kid, take this blazer, and get back to your work, I have a lot of work to do," he said again offering the blazer again.
"Nahi, aap ke wajah se hui hai, you have to ask sorry," she said as a fresh set of tears rolled down.
"Arre, kamal ki ladki hai, stop irritating me and I am not going to ask sorry for no reason," he said with an annoyed look on his face.
"Aapko kehna hai kehna hai, samjhi aap?" she said bawling like a little kid.
Fearing Geet would create a scene he clapped his hands together and placed it on top of his head, "I am sorry meri ma," he said shaking his head. "Ab hogaya sorry, phir se nahi kahoongi, take this blazer and please get back to your work."
"Hm! Antha bayam irukkatum (May you have that fear of me)," Geet said wiping away her last tears.
"Kya kaha tumne? Yeh baar baar kya bak bak karti rehti ho?" he asked annoyed by her incomprehensible mumbling.
"Nahi, kuch nahi," she said trying to cover up. She swiftly grabbed his blazer and wore it. It was a little loose on the ends and the sleeves were too long for her. She neatly folded them and adjusted it to cover her petite figure.  
Geet walked to the door when she heard Maan, "by the way you are welcome." She looked back at him puzzled by his statement. She quickly realized she never said thank you for the blazer. But then again, it was his mistake he was trying to correct, so there was no necessary for thanking him.
"Mr. Khurana aap ne galti ki toh obviously you had to make it up," she shrugged. "So I am not going to thank you for no reason."
Maan was taken aback by her nonchalant reply and in the place of pity, anger boiled in him. He was nice enough to offer his blazer and here she was defending herself and refraining from even saying thanks. He had come down to her level and told her sorry for no mistake of his. Sorry, the word that never existed in Maan Singh Khurana's dictionary came into existence today. He was angry with himself for letting his guard down and offering to help this egoistic and stubborn girl. She was rare combination of strangeness and insanity mixed together.
Geet walked out of the cabin sighing in relief, as she was afraid of walking out of her boss's cabin in torn clothes. What would people think of her and her character? He was very rude in insulting her coffee making skills. She had carefully followed his instructions and for the first time coffee did look amazingly look good and he just spat his mouthful! It was her first time making coffee, appreciating the act was far off but his rude behavior was uncalled for. She was hurt and on top of that her shirtsleeves ripped increasing her embarrassment on her first day of work. Muruga! She screamed mentally cursing the day's events.
Geet walked back to her cabin as discreetly as possible to avoid gaining attention of the staff of her tear stricken face and the unfit blazer. She slipped into her cabin when Pinky walked in to give her a file from Sasha. Pinky saw Geet's distraught face and huge blazer that adorned her petite figure. She eyed Geet curiously but a wave of concern washed her face when she saw Geet's tear stricken face.
"Geed! Entha? (what)," Pinky asked with concern, "is anything bothering you?"
"No Pinky, I am fine," Geet said straitening her hair and wiping away the last streak of tears on her face. Pinky noticed a part of Geet's sleeve hanging down the blazer and came near her to take a closer look at it. To her horror she found Geet's robe torn through the large blazer that failed to conceal the tear.
"Ente Guruvayurappa! Why is your robe torn Geet?" Pinky asked aghast.
"Woh woh," Geet stammered trying to find a good reason.
"Geed please don't hesitate with me, I am like a good friend to you, please do tell me what happened I shall see if I can be of any help," Pinky said earnestly.
Geet saw pure concern in Pinky's voice and narrated the day's events suppressing herself from breaking down again. Pinky listened to Geet's woeful narration while constantly assuring her everything would be fine. And then Geet narrated how Maan offered his blazer to help her cover her ripped sleeves and while she was saying, Pinky was pleasantly surprised by his act.
"Oh! Maan o? DD gave his blazer, gave HIS blazer," she blinked with uncertainty.
Geet stopped her narration and looked puzzled at dreamy eyed Pinky. "Haan, he gave me his blazer," she finished unsure of Pinky's reaction.
"Ayyo Guruvayurappa! I so wish I were in your place today. Agar main tumhari jagah me hoti na, toh, irukki anaichu oru umma tharu!" Pinky said hugging her arms together.
"What?" Geet asked not sure what Pinky meant.
"Oh! Sorry I meant gale milkar ek chumma deta," Pinky said again lost in her world.
"Abachaaram abachaaram (disgusting!)" Geet retorted at the mere thought of kissing Mr. Jellyfish Singh Khurana.
"Tujhe pata hai Geed, he never usually goes out of the way to help anyone. He keeps his relation purely professional and never does anything too personal. This is the first time he has helped personally. So you should really thank that he saved you from embarrassment," Pinky said thoughtfully.
"What do you mean never helps?" Geet questioned.
"Well, to tell you the truth he always keeps people at bay and never allows them to come near him. But why he does that, enikki ari illa (don't know)," Pinky said her shoulders. "Anyway Geed, I came to give you this file, its from Sasha ma'am," she said handing over the file to Geet. "But I still think you should thank him for his gesture," she reminded while exiting the Geet's cabin.
Geet reflected on Pinky's suggestion of thanking Maan. It was nice of him to offer his blazer to save her from embarrassment but that was his responsibility right, she argued within herself. Maan had made her cry and as a result while turning around her sleeve ripped, so he deserved no thanks, she convinced herself. Yet in the corner of her mind, the thought of thanking Maan lurked, but she quickly brushed away the thought and decided maybe she would give him a brief thank you when she returned his blazer tomorrow.
Geet finished up the day's work from her cabin and avoiding walking around the office too much in case she caught her colleague's unwanted attention. She headed out in the evening out of Khurana Constructions hoping to catch a taxi back home so that Arjun would not come to know of today's events and fret over her. As she walked out of the building she was surprised to see Arjun's car waiting for her in the parking lot. "Ayyo Muruga! Ithu thevaya? (Was Arjun coming here necessary)," she said hitting her head in frustration. Sooner or later Arjun would find her sleeves ripped and would certainly question her about it. And no amount of cajoling would work, as he would definitely extract the truth from her. Praying that he wouldn't deny her working she slipped into the car.
"Hi Ammulu**," he said turning around but stopping midway looking at her wearing a strange blazer and flustered face. A range of expression played in his face starting from curiosity to worry and then anger. Geet had feared just that, she didn't want him angry.
"Would you care to explain?" he said gravely.
"Arjun, please, first calm down, shaant ho jao," she said trying to pacify him, "its nothing like you think."
 "Tum pehle batao why did you cry and why do you look all disheveled? Why are you wearing this blazer?" he said with growing concern for her. "And please do not try to hide anything from me. You very well know I shall come to know the truth sooner or later."
Geet sighed, what he said was absolutely right, she couldn't hide anything from him. He cared too much for her and he would definitely find out what happened. And she didn't want him to find out from another source; she would rather herself tell him and prevent if not maximum outburst at least some amount of his outburst on the situation. She hesitantly narrated the events of the day while constantly assuring him that she was fine.
Arjun's blood boiled as he heard her narrate her boss' misbehavior and he clenched his fist in response to her narration. How dare her boss hurt her Ammulu, he might be the MD of Khurana Constructions but he had to know how to behave with others. Even before Geet could finish her narration, Arjun angrily turned to leave the car and scare the daylights out of this man named Maan Singh Khurana, the so-called boss. Geet quickly stopped him and pulled him back, fearing dire consequences.
"Arjun please meri baat to suno, I am fine, really, dekho mujhe kuch bhi nahi hua," she said, "Please do not do anything rash."
Arjun was not going to give up too soon, "That man needs to know how to behave with woman," he said with clenched teeth.
"Haan Arjun but violence is not the solution, socho agar tum abhi usko maroge to unnecessarily it'll become police case, and situation will just worse," Geet said trying to reason with Arjun.
"I bloody don't care, he has hurt you and he deserves no less than my wrath," Arjun said with blood shot angry eyes.
"Arjun please, mere khatir, you can't do anything stupid like bashing him up, promise karo," she said pleading.
Arjun was caught between her word and his fury; he couldn't do anything against her word. "Maan Singh Khurana, tumhe chodungi nahi, meri Geet ka dil dukhaya hai, I shall make sure you pay dearly for it," he vowed in silence. Geet managed to calm Arjun down, she silently sighed in relief that what she feared didn't happen. Arjun banged his steering wheel at his helplessness to anything to the man who hurt his Geet and complained that she always tied his hands up in the name of "mere khatir". He warned that if he came to know anything similar happen to her, he would not spare Maan even if Geet were against it.
           Geet was happy that Arjun didn't resort to violence and had let go of the matter. She made sure she never mentioned her boss was the same man she met on plane else the double dose of his act of cruelty would cost his life and her dream! They drove back in silence while Geet wondered what the coming days would bring her. 

**Ammulu is a common pet name. Arjun addresses Geet mainly as Ammulu or Geet but teases her as Bambaai Maami.
alright here is the next part. i know all u people were eagerly wanting to see who was at the door whether it was Maan or mehMaan πŸ˜† sry i had to get on with the past how long could we let Geet hanging by Maan's desk πŸ˜› so please dont throw chappals at me promise in the next 2 updates u'll kno who it isπŸ˜‰
PLEASE COMMENT OR HIT THE LIKE BUTTON!
nice part....the office scene was very soon......continue soon n thnx for the pm................

As much I liked the fact that Maan helped her with his blazer ; still he has no right to yell @ Geet like that but I guess MSK being the big khadoos is like that only πŸ˜‘ . I really wished Arjun would knock the daylights of him ; but also glad how Geet managed the situation πŸ˜ƒ .

Loved the update ..... 

loved the update.............seriously waiting to know who was @ her door.............hey dont leave him hanging there for long
Madhu  πŸ€—.......thank u for the lovely update and PM......sorry to hear u are not feeling well.....hope u get well soon......poor Geet what a 1st day at work ......good Maan gave her his blazer.....loved the way she did not say thank you πŸ˜†......MSK has met his match...still waiting to see who was at the door in the present.......plz continue....TC....Ratna 😊

superb update....loved it...
loved the update especially arjuns concern for geet
luved it
n luved Arjun's possessiveness for Geet