Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Zahra15- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
amazing concept n part...plzzzz add me to ur pm list.......
shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awosme update.
love it.
add me to ye pm list.
thx.
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Chapter 2: A Surprise!
Walking through the huge glass doors she was greeted by the smiling receptionist, Shirley. It was a huge office located on the 40th floor of Madison Ave and 54th street. Although it was quite big for a total of 20 employees, her boss had insisted on having to stay in this building surrounded by other high profile offices. Her boss, Jay Peterson, known as JP, was a man in his early thirties. His high taste reflected his reputed family background yet he could prove sometimes to be quite indecisive and fickle minded. His eagerness and enthusiasm in trying to accomplish his vision could sometimes prove dangerous but his uncles and father, the founders of Peterson Group of Companies always kept him in check.
            Geet was greeted with a huge grin as she entered her cabin. It was hard to resist his warm smile, involuntarily a smile crept on her face as she greeted him with a quick good morning and ready to hear about his yet another dream venture.
            "A very good morning to you too Geet! I need to speak to you about the upcoming International Conference on Construction and Project Management that is going to be held here in two weeks. Would you care to spend a few minutes about it please?" announced JP as Geet settled in her chair.
            "Of course JP, go ahead I am listening" Geet remarked as she intently watched her boss become animated talking about the reputed annual conference that would be held in New York City where every construction company eyes for a chance to attend it.
            "And this year we have a special guest lecture by one of the best managing directors of a multi-national company," he finally declared, "Just take a wild guess Geet." Geet looked at JP with a blank look, as she absolutely had no clue about this so-called best MD. He probably would be one of those boring CEOs trying to introduce a bizarre concept in architecture or project management in the name of new and innovative ideas. The last time they had attended the conference, the guest lecturer was trying to prove that the next sought after building design would model after UFOs. Of all the things in the world that man could think of unidentified flying object as a concept for a building design. As Geet was reminiscing about the previous conference, her train of thoughts was interrupted when JP announced the guest lecturer's name. What! Had she heard him right? No maybe she was just dreaming. In order to clear her doubts she asked JP once again, "I am sorry JP could you please repeat the lecturer's name" she interjected hoping what she heard would just be a dream.
            "Mr. Maan Singh Khurana," JP proudly announced with a huge smile plastered on his face as he passed the booklet that contained the details of the conference along with snippets about the guest lecturer. Yes she had heard it right, she thought as she took the booklet from JP while he exited assuring her that this year they should take extra concern to be present at the conference and have a chance to listen to his lecture and if possible meet him personally. It was indeed the Maan Singh Khurana. Maan Singh Khurana was coming there! Her heart skipped a beat and a slow smile appeared on her face but before it turned into a full-blown smile, she stopped herself. In place of a smile sadness crept over her face. It had been four years since she had walked away from Maan. She knew she had done the right thing walking out of his life. It was the best thing for both of them, yet she had regretted it. A small tear escaped her eyes as she delicately touched his photo printed in the booklet. Quickly brushing away the tear she hugged the book and carefully placed it in her bag so that she could take it home with her. But bringing it home with her would just be a recipe for disaster, as she would again start drowning in the sorrowful past. She started weighing her options of taking the book with her or leaving it in the office. Her mind reasoned that it would be no use taking it home as she would be forced to relive her past yet her heart tempted her to take it as it would if not heal at least for the time being salvage her would. Promising herself that she would return the booklet tomorrow to JP, she tucked the book in her bag safely and carried on with her work.
            The rest of the day at work was uneventful as usual. Geet had to attend two client meetings to present her designs to them and assure them of success and stability of her company in fulfilling the task of completing the buildings. The clients were happy with the presentation and promised to get back with the assurance of signing a contract with them. It was lunchtime by the time she had finished up with the clients. And since she was in hurry today morning she didn't have a chance to pack herself lunch. Informing the Shirley that she was stepping out for lunch, Geet walked down the busy streets to as she headed to the famous Indian lunch cart located a block away from her office. "Chi chi Muruga! Abachaaram abachaaram (disgusting)" she shivered at the thought of all kinds of meat under one roof as she avoided the regular caf lunches. This Indian lunch cart was run by two Guajarati women and it was purely vegetarian so she could eat with peace of mind. For five dollars they offered a portion of rice, one chapatti, and two vegetable curries. It was more than satisfying and quite healthy compared to fatty fries and burgers. If the stomach was still unsatisfied they offered two samosas for a dollar and fifty cents. The healthy menu and cheap price attracted a lot of people thus the wait in line for Geet took more than twenty minutes when she finally grabbed the lunch box and walked back to the office to eat. After finishing her lunch she went back and finished the rest of the remaining designs. By the time she was finished up with new blue prints it was almost 6 in the evening. She winded up everything grabbed her bag and her light coat and headed out of the office waving a quick bye to her colleagues.
            Riding the E train subway to 50th street and 8th avenue she thought about the days events. Geet's thoughts went back to the morning when JP had announced the guest lecturer for the annual conference. "Maan," she softly mouthed his name as she gripped to the metal bar to keep herself from falling on the passenger beside her. That name had a special place in her heart; it carried a kind of magic spell on her. The events of her past randomly flashed in her mind but came to an abrupt end when she shook off the thoughts and tried to concentrate on getting out of the crowded subway and to pick up Kritika from her pre-school.

Thats it for now people. Please comment or at least hit the like button πŸ˜›. 

Edited by Maaneet_09 - 13 years ago
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
I just realized that the webpage addresses of the links for next parts is getting too messy. Does anyone know how to hyperlink just the chapter name with the updated part?? sry not a comp techy so need a little help...πŸ˜•
maanujaanu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
luved it
truely awesum

mitzi11 thumbnail

amazing update

pls cont soonnnnnnnnnnnn
i'm sorry hun i wish i could
help dont know
thanks pm
creddy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
loved it...so they have a daughter..and I think Maan doesn't know about her....can't wait to read how they will meet
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome ff
loving it
plz add  me to ur pm list
thanks
con soon
shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
awsome update.
so geet knws maan.
love it.
thx for the pm.
annie.shona thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

hey ... nysh update.. so this means kritika is maan and geet's daughter .. and obviously maan doesn't know about her.. lets see his reaction .. ;) 

nysh pdate continue soon :)