Sanskaar Laxmi

TOI:I used to have Skinny legs-Vivan

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

BODY B A S I C S 
I used to have skinny legs 

... says actor Vivan Bhatena and shares how he overcame this problem 

MY EXERCISE REGIME... 

I train three to four times a week with weights and I do some form of cardio twice a week.I hate running on a treadmill so I try to play tennis twice a week,since I love sports.Sometimes I also hit the punching bag,which really helps me get rid of all the unwanted body fat,and excess retained water.

MY PROBLEM AREAS... 

I used to have the problem of abdominal fat along with skinny legs,which I used to ignore.I realized much later that your legs play a vital role in your abdominal fitness and after all they are the largest muscle group in your body,and training them not only strengthens your abs but also helps you release testosterone and burn body fat at the same time.I also realized how beneficial leg/glute training was to eliminate my back problems as well.

MY STRENGTHS... 

I am proud of the fact that for a person who does not use any form of hormonal supplements,I am able to maintain a very well proportioned body.I am proud of my entire physique not just one body part.Yes,I love the gym.It is not only my stress buster but also helps me balance my moods and my blood pressure.Gymming gives me energy to work for long hours and helps me in coping with pollution and stress damage.

MY DIET... 

I have a sweet tooth and my diet is my weakest link and unfortunately the most 
important element in fitness is ones diet.I eat according to my blood type and since I am a B+ I eat a balance of meat and veggies.Its interesting how you can drop oodles of weight,if you just understand what your body can absorb and simply not digest.I eat lots of meat/fish if I am bulking up and if I am cutting down weight then I stick to veggies.I also dont drown myself in protein shakes unless I want to put on a few pounds.I eat whatever I can digest within two to three hours and not more! 

Fitness Role Model: 

Frank Zane,Steve Reeves,Vince Gironda are my heroes 

Ideal Celeb body (Male): 

Brad Pitt has a greatly balanced body and I really admire the hard work he has put in to be so ripped.In the Indian circles,I think Milind Soman had a perfect physique.

Ideal Celeb body (Female): 

Priyanka Chopra has a fabulous body.In the past,I also really used to love Sushmita Sen.

As told to Lisa Antao 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maanlovesgeet17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for the article. LOVE VIVAN!!
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the article Amritha😊.....
-PrinKa- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks.. luv this picture!! :D... Luv VIVAN BHATHENA!!!!