Maa Exchange

So sick of this show

Nach_Baliye thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I really dislike the way this show portrays the family that is not as well off. Its so pathetic. In today's episode, Pinky's family's behavior was so bad. Just because the woman who came to his place was not as insistent, he and his mother behaved so badly with her and were so snotty. I found his behavior in the store so disrespectful where he refused to buy a dress of her choice and would only purchase something of his choice even though she was not comfortable in the clothes. He needs to change his thinking - wearing Western clothing does not make you broad-minded, rather, letting women/people be in their skin and do whatever they are comfortable with is broad-minded. I found his behavior very offensive. His mother was equally bad looking down on Sangeeta. I was so disgusted. Also their saying that she is feeding them laborers' food was bad.

I also found Pinky's words offensive. She was open to learning, but her saying that I came to a hut (jhopad patti), and her telling her brother-in-law that you are becoming an ox (saand) was offensive. Honestly, she herself is overweight, so she cannot insist that someone else lose weight when she herself has not lost any.

I am truly disgusted with how this show portrays the less well off. Its so disrespectful and disgusting, a form of exploitation.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Channels respect  ONLY TRP's and money made from advertising........that is all..........it is obvious from some of the episodes that they really don't care how the families react, accept or do not accept misbehavior, behave appropriately or inappropriately  or appear on national TV.

Some of these families..........specially the ones not used to TV exposure may find it very hard to cope with the aftermath..............I don't really think the channel cares what happens later.
-Nightingale- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
both the sides were disgusting n irritating equally to me
hppppp thumbnail
I am very impressed with  Sangeeta and her husband......😊 !...Looking at where she comes from, she could have very well been a passive lady who accepts things without questioning them..while she seemed to me a lady who wants to bring about a  positive and meaningful change (I loved it when she assertively took the old gentleman to the doctor and got his medicines.....these are the kind of people that make things "happen"...instead of just sitting down and complaining). Even her husband seemed a kind of a person who respects women, and holds his wife in high esteem........life style, culture, dressing sense are very fluid and superficial things to judge, and every person has a potential and need to improve, not just them, its the values people hold that define them, ....and the values they held (honesty, respect, responsibility,giving back to community and family) were admirable..😊

On the other hand, there was nothing "modern" about the so called modern kanpur family......the only thing I felt was how do these people coexist?...Super stubborn mother in law, pretentious husband , cynical wife....ignored father in law!!....what a dysfunctional family...😕

Edited by hima_123 - 13 years ago
girlygirl thumbnail

this TV show is only showing the now-a-days reality .... People infact are sometimes so mean that a wife is not willing to spend her husband's pension on the husband's medical needs... how disgusting!! they have money to shop and eat outside but not for the FIL...

I am glad that this TV show is bringing out all these... so atleast people start thinking and change their behaviour.... not be so mean....

Kanpur family was sick... they completely mis understood the meaning for being "Modern"... Sangeeta attempted but looks like she also does not completely understand the meaning of "indian culture"... but I appreciate her efforts for the FIL cure...

There is a lot to learn from this show.... respect to an individual, family dynamics...
the only funny thing is that this is "MAA exchange" and there is least focus on the kids:-)

HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
in begining when it started  , i liked it . but now i getting fed  up with ds show , it should be closed now sooner than soon...
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The WORST Maa exchange yet..

and i totally agree with you..wearing western clothes does not make you broad minded..he was such a douche bag..very disgusting..

Red_eyes thumbnail
i rly h8 dis show omg plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz dis needs 2 go off air rly