Why this fuss over phone bill? - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
are you telling me beautiful gals dont go to beauty parlour. C'mon, even in kerala every corner got atleast one parlour.. And gals spent thousands there.. Not only rich gals but also poor ones.. Indian life style is very different from western.. And beauty parlour is a fashion statement now! All in all, i hate the way kokila treat the vaus.. Urmila is evil and everybody accepts that.. But she is supposed to be the gud one, but she is also full of flaws.. There is no where written that evil can be corrected by evil.. Instead of treat Rashi like a trash, there are other ways of changing her..

Jake,
Every one goes to beauty parlour these days. It is expensive I admit.Recently only during Dhawal bhai's shadi  your Rashi borrowed money to splurge on beauty treatments. There's no need to splurge on expensive treatments every two weeks.I don't think the very rich also do that. Urmi didn't want kinjal going for facial but wanted her to use local beauty treatments.So what's good for the goose is right for thegander  .No wonder Dhawal has no money to go on honeymoon as Urmi fleeced him right off.
Personally speaking I don't go to parlours. I believe in natural products.

Koki is strict. there's no partisan behaviour with her like Urmi.Who would get a poor girl for her son these days?  You know for sure the dowry rates in kerala.I don't think anyone would do that.Another thing did rashi learn anything from Hetal? With koki she's learning.
Edited by avivakirk - 13 years ago
I can understand why Kokila is upset over the phone bill, but I don't understand her confiscating Rashi's cell like that. Ummm.....one warning would have been enough.

But what appalls me is that how the Modi family treat there daughter-in-laws, be it Rashi or Gopi. Its as if they haven't brought Daughter-in-laws, but  has brought servants. Asking them to do everything starting from cooking to cleaning to washing clothes and dishes. What exactly the servants are doing if Gopi and Rashi has to do everything. I really don't understand how these stuffs can be justified. A woman who works like servant and bears everything even if treated like sh*t....does that make her a good daughter-in-law? How insulting and condescending is that? Kokila can't even dial a call....she asks Rashi to do it. Honestly, what sort of stuff is this? Moreover, someone who puts up with her husband's insults and doesn't mind being slapped is shown to be the 'ideal' wife/daughter-in-law......is this for real?

I'm not siding anyone.....I'm not a Rashi fan...and definitely not a Gopi fan. I'm just confused as to what is the purpose of this show. What actually are they trying to show by portraying such degrading stuffs? Please don't tell me to not watch this show if I don't like it. I don't watch this show regularly, but do catch some episodes when I'm free......that is why I have these confusions which I'm asking you guys to clear. Because, for me, this show is far from entertainment and gives a really negative message about the place of women.
wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jake neil .....i'm simply in love with u πŸ˜ƒ

whatever u said is right..... if koki is a philanthropist then i would agree but it is not so ..atleast thro rashi modi money is going out that could help some poor indirectly πŸ˜† .....

koki has no right to ask from where did she got money and snatch her mobile unless she caught her red handedly while planning with her mom on how to let down gopi through phone...she must understand rashi is jigar's wife and unlike her son ahem jigar loves his wife and jigar is not a vagabond he is also earning he has every right to fulfill his wife's wishes by giving her money (from rashi's expressions i think she lied that she spared from money house expenditure) ..... in fact koki is the one spending others' money ..her husband is not earning....it was rashi's fil jigar's dad hetal's husband who is actively engaged in business and helped her son ahem to get into business but kokila is treating them worse than crap 🀒 ..i think koki is jealous of hetal's family πŸ˜†

everytime koki taunts rashi i hate hetal ..y dont she speak out boldly and tell koki this is not the way to treat dils that too her dil rashi 😑
koki is telling she should ask her permission after all for going to parlour..did she ask permission from baa b4 sending that stove to urmi instead of microwave owen 🀒

koki is good teacher in fact a dictator in training her bahus (oops!!! others' bahus also πŸ˜†) in house work ....did our good teacher ever thought of teaching her "meri gopi vau" 🀒 on how to read & write atleast (the very basic thing)..... i like to see ahem start loving gopi but with one condition if and only if she stops doing her house work .... what would be our monster koki's reaction πŸ˜† ...i think she herself would ask ahem to leave gopi so that she can have gopi as her servant maid πŸ˜† ...do u remember when ahem said gopi has to leave now koki said gopi is doing all the house hold works so she cant leave her πŸ˜† .... i like to see gopi ditching koki 😈 and spending her time with ahem 😳

Originally posted by Jake-neil

@avivakirk
are you telling me beautiful gals dont go to beauty parlour. C'mon, even in kerala every corner got atleast one parlour.. And gals spent thousands there.. Not only rich gals but also poor ones.. Indian life style is very different from western.. And beauty parlour is a fashion statement now! All in all, i hate the way kokila treat the vaus.. Urmila is evil and everybody accepts that.. But she is supposed to be the gud one, but she is also full of flaws.. There is no where written that evil can be corrected by evil.. Instead of treat Rashi like a trash, there are other ways of changing her..

dude your so wrong my mom is the most gorgeous woman  .Her student owns the biggest Parlour here with loads of branches and my mom never went to a a parlour her whole life ...heck she even got ready for her wedding by her friend πŸ˜‰ all my aunts go there heck my 10 years old cousin went there a lot but that doesn't mean everyone πŸ˜› 
Edited by MewPrincess - 13 years ago
its a fuss cos jigar only earns 10,000rs
who ever is saying that 3000 R.s is nothing for the Modi family because the are rich is absolutely WRONG!!.... Only because u have the money doesn't mean u waste it.... That's like saying its ok to gamble thousands of $ just because I have it n i am rich. Its about decipline and principles! In fact I can speak for myself! I make a very good living.... But I still shop the clearance rack, cut my coupons and look for free/cheap deals. Do I need to or have to, absolutely not!! I can afford the "don't look at the price tag" living, but I won't coz its hard earned money! Jigar only gets 10000 a month for his monthly expense... Rashi blew 8000 right now! This is where people done realize that money is here today n gone tomorrow! Kinjal is the biggest example! To me the bill wasn't even as bad as the beauty appointment, 5000??!! Really?when I go to India the max I have spent at a salon is 500!!!Edited by taral83 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by MewPrincess

dude your so wrong my mom is the most gorgeous woman .Her student owns the biggest Parlour here with loads of branches and my mom never went to a a parlour her whole life ...heck she even got ready for her wedding by her friendπŸ˜‰all my aunts go there heck my 10 years old cousin went there a lot but that doesn't mean everyone πŸ˜›

I agree that's not true, not all girls go to the salon. In fact, I too got ready on my own for my wedding 2 years ago( I don't trust people with my make-up:P and it was India) I do facials at home and mani/pedi too. I only go once in a while for pedi and for hair cuts...n even if I do it won't cost me a arm n leg.. LOL.
To me the bill wasn't even as bad as the beauty appointment, 5000??!! Really?when I go to India the max I spent at a salon is 500!!!

Taral,
Samething! I do the samething when I go to India .I don't spend more than 1000.
Originally posted by taral83

There are people out there that run their house on Rs.3000 a month...................and this MaHaRaNi just blew it on the phone, talking to WHO?? her Mom, who doesn't live so far away and comes to visit very often (too oftenπŸ˜•)............as for Koki dictating duties to Rashi and making her feel like a maid.............Well Koki did the same dictating to Gopi, she was actually even called a maid by her dear husband Ahem...............so Rashi shouldn't feel so bad (plus the truth hurts πŸ˜†)..............Modi's do have lots of money, but they actually have a REALLY GOOD principle of Life......YOU DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON UNNECESSARY THINGS. Little or a lot of money, money is still money, and when its made with hard work, one should respect it and use it wisely, not like your Dear RAshi!!!! Jake you have a really bad argument here.......you won't win.....πŸ˜†

The point here is not just Rs 3000 phone bill, but it's about wise spending. Koki advocates wise spending. Like buying grocery from a reputable store & not some guy who'll mixx impurities in food. 

Also here in US too where Cell phone are so cheap, people use their minutes so wisely. Rashi has this nasty habit of over-spending. Even if she's been given 100K, she'll run out of money. Also she doesn't come from a rich family from Kinjal , who is used to such things & can't adjust without it. Her case is "enjoy on someone else expense".

And what's with 5000Rs on a beauty treatment? & that too from household money. She should be made to live separately on a budget .
I cant believe that you gals actually side with a lady hitlerπŸ˜‰.. Rashi is bad, greedy, evil and many more.. But kokila is not a good lady herself.. She is selfish dictator and treats everyone around her like dirt.. Would you like to hav a saas like kokila? Not meπŸ˜‰.. I prefer Hetal! If hetal was also a bit lyk koki, the modi family would have split long bak... And to answer why koki chose a poor gal for Ahem, simply because she needs someone who will listen and be a puppet under her.. Koki's sole aim in life is power to rule MM and she wish to do that through Ahem.. So if ahem had married any gal like Anita, kokila will not succeed in her aim.. So she chose a simpleton like Gopi.. But neither Ahem nor Gopi is happy and kokila isnt doing anythng to mend the bridge.. Shez happy with the situation as long as Gopi stays in MM as a maid and Ahem continues to be successful enterpreneur.. And that vachan, just for impressing nani.. Koki's every act until now had been selfish to the core, and i will never agree with her treatment towards her DILs..