SHAILU se SHAILAJA ka SAFAR - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by abhi786

wow manjuji.. good lyrics with your great explination..

ManjujiπŸ˜• πŸ˜†I am only 14!!!! Thanks a lot. But seriously Badimaa is a brilliant character.
Edited by ymanjushree10 - 13 years ago
@laxmi di awesome post di! πŸ‘ and very well written! 

@Manju excellent comparisons dear! wonderful and creative thoughts! πŸ‘πŸΌ

For me I would like to say that Character of sheilaji has been realli an ideal portrait of indian women, and what makes our indian traditions and customs so different from westernized world.
Her character is written so perfectly that i doubt their existence in reality.. 
She is so selfless and even after suffering so much throughout the time, she neva depicts the pain, or let others knw about her suffering.. She is so composed! She's pure gem, who loves everyone, respect her inlaws like parents and took care of them when their son left them to live in US. Furthermore, the sanskaar she has given to all the youngies of the families are reflected nicely by Panna as she has taught them to fight the pain and be strong, not to enclose themselves in the shell.
 Watching her in the show, has made me respect my mom even more than before.. since i neva realised how much pain she has gone through during our tough times.. but neva shown it to us.....we could have never guessed wht was actualli.. hidden under the smile 

Originally posted by --Keenu.Gill---

@laxmi di awesome post di! πŸ‘ and very well written! 

@Manju excellent comparisons dear! wonderful and creative thoughts! πŸ‘πŸΌ

For me I would like to say that Character of sheilaji has been realli an ideal portrait of indian women, and what makes our indian traditions and customs so different from westernized world.
Her character is written so perfectly that i doubt their existence in reality.. 
She is so selfless and even after suffering so much throughout the time, she neva depicts the pain, or let others knw about her suffering.. She is so composed! She's pure gem, who loves everyone, respect her inlaws like parents and took care of them when their son left them to live in US. Furthermore, the sanskaar she has given to all the youngies of the families are reflected nicely by Panna as she has taught them to fight the pain and be strong, not to enclose themselves in the shell.
 Watching her in the show, has made me respect my mom even more than before.. since i neva realised how much pain she has gone through during our tough times.. but neva shown it to us.....we could have never guessed wht was actualli.. hidden under the smile 

Thanks a lot, Keenu. I LOVE Badimaa's character.
Originally posted by reguser

@Laxmi,

Beautiful post again. πŸ‘

Yes, it is heart wrenching to see a person like Shailaja getting a self-centred and egoistic man like Eeshwar. Actually, living with people like Alok, Inder, Ishan, Elesh is not difficult. What I mean is, understanding these men are not difficult, because they are basically very simple and not very ambitious characters. But Eeshwar and Rounak (to an extent) are highly ambitious and self-centred characters. Though it is sad, it is true that some smartness is needed to work on that relations. 

You know what, Lax. I feel there could be two ways for Mr. Eeshwar Kashyap's wife. One is being his wife and another is being Kshyap's bahu. His wife can not be both because Eeshwar's character is sketched like that. If he has got a wife whose interests match with him, then they both would have moved out of that house to US together. 

But here Shailaja being a simple and seedha-sadha type lady couldnt match Eeshwar's so called hi-fi level. That is the irony of such simple wives. Their worth is goes un-noticed by their husbands.

Yesterday when I was watching the episode, I somehow felt that if Badi-ma cried and told how much she is going to miss him and all such wify nakras, may be it would have had a different impact on him? Dont know. But, I felt that her biggest strength (tolerance/patience) has become her biggest weakness in her relation with her husband. 

Thanks pallu dear...πŸ˜›I loved your practical approach pallu.....⭐️... The way u categorized the men of the house into the simple-minded and the ambitious minded... was fab. Again.... loved your take on Shailaja as a wife and as a bahu/mother.... u r dman right yaar... a lady who can do things to core perfection will not be noticed in the eyes of the hi-fi hubby category as they can just see and wish for what they desire.... BM blindly trusted her husband and overlooked the fact that her neglection cud cost her marraige .....
BM's character is so strong ..pallu...i am glad they din show her crying and trying to make him understand .... her trust was immense and when that was shattered.... she is not the type who wud try to explain what he meant for her.... as she knows that won't make any sense for him at all .... he believed what he did was right and he did it... never even bothered to look back what his wife, family and his kids wud go thru.... to convince such a person is futile yaar...!
so true... her biggest strength became her biggest weakness in her relation with her husband... how beautifully u said it yaar....Clap
Originally posted by mjtruelegend

Wow di, you are so articulate and eloquent. πŸ‘Loved the post. πŸ˜ƒ
Thanks so much.... Sheemu...πŸ˜ƒ
First of all Laxmi, thanks  million for a heart warming post, which would really help this forum to come back to its old tardition of having meaningful discussion, thankyou.
Secondly " This Is It" to the creatives, this is SGP ,which shows mirror to our society that this is a woman of yester years but have more depth , courage , patients and will power this women of today, I am a woman of today but I dont see us in such a sacrificing mode as the character like Badi Maa , we are stronger and know exactly what we want and do everything to get it, we know our rights we know , we are better in so many ways from the yester year women but there is one thing whichthey beat us is the PATIENTS, the SACRIFICE, thinkig beoynd there own happiness.Dont take me worng I am not comparing I just saying that CVs are reminding us tha although we ightthimnk that yester year women were house bound , only in Chaddar and Chaar Dewaari , but they were strong as it is very difficult to live in the same house where your husband has betrayed your trust.
I would give more credit to Dadaji being the head of the famikly being the father of a selfish son he supported his BAhu, and it was his support which give strenght to Alok and Dadi as well to support Shailjah , as imagine usually you dont go againts your son, Eshawar would have send them money, may be made them more financially strong, but they refused and stood by Badi Maa, this is a very big thing, as I know in reality even having sympathy for the Bahus in cases like that nobody have he courage to cut off with the son, id its wasnt for Dadaji and Alok , Dadi would have given it in, as she is a mother.
And saying anything about Badi Maa would be Sooraj Ko Chiraag Dhikana hoga I love her character, may be I watch SGP for Ragini but I love SGP for Badi Maa and family. I think ths song would be perfect for Kyshaps
" Kisi Kee Muskurahatoon Pay Ho Nisaar
Kisis Ka Dard Mil Sakay Toh Lay Udhaar
Kisi Kay Wastay Ho Teray Dil May Pyaar
Jeena Isis Ka Naam Hai "

@ Manju gosh you are 14 !!! and you are so so good in expressing your beautiful thoughts, wonderful what a sensible girl you are, my 14 year old acnt even tell what happened yesterday( well he a boy what do you expect!!)

Originally posted by venture

@ Manju gosh you are 14 !!! and you are so so good in expressing your beautiful thoughts, wonderful what a sensible girl you are, my 14 year old acnt even tell what happened yesterday( well he a boy what do you expect!!)

Wonderful post venture!!!!!! Thanks a lot for your compliment! πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by ymanjushree10

@ Laxmi Di, a great post!!!!

I would like to explain what Badimaa's character means to me (I mean her personality).
The lyrics are from the movie Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. I haven't seen today's episode nor have I seen the movie. This is completely based on the lyrics of the song.

Na Kuch Poccha, Na Kuch Manga
Badima has never asked God why her life is like this or why she has to face all the difficulties in her. She has immense belief in family values and thats what I like about her. She never believes in "nothing can happen". Even in the hardest times, she has stood by her family and has never left them (or run away from her responsibilities), even though her husband has abandoned her, for God knows what.

Tune Dil Se Diya Jo Diya
As previously said, Badimaa has believed that whatever has happened , has happened and there is no point crying over what has happened. Instead she should live for her children, her family, her loved ones, not for the sake of fulfilling her responsibility but because she chose to believe that life is what you make, you choose the way of life you want to live rather than living the life, life gives.

Na Kuch Bola, Na Kuch Tola
Badimaa has never complained about the fact that her husband has left her. She has provided comfort, love, care to her loved ones. She has never let them see the dark side of her life. Even now, when she is alone (i.e., without a companion) she is living a life. Not just living a mere life, but living it to live the way she always wanted to. (That is , she wanted a life with happiness). Today, she has it all, a loving family who never makes her feel that she is alone, a caring son who feels the pain of NOT having a father, a bold daughter who is following her footsteps. Panna, is another Badimaa in the making, she has decided not to take the easier course, she has decided to stay true to the values her mother has taught her, to fight till one dies (silently though). She indirectly proves the people like BP, that she doesn't need anybody like him to make her life worth living, she is already happy with what she has got and will not betray the values her mother has taught.

Tu Hi Dhoop, Tu Hi Chaya
Tu Hi Apna Paraya
This is for the family. She has been with her family for all these years now and the family in turn has appreciated her for all that she has done. It is this family that helped her live and enjoy those valuable moments of life, to tell the whole world, the TRUE MEANING OF FAMILY. We can also interpret it this way. It is a member of THIS very family that has betrayed her. Yet it is the same family who has supported her, not caring about what their own son did. Here the Kashyap family comes across as a family who believes in TRUE values that believing that it is their son who is right. They truly love Badimaa for all that she has done.

Rab ne Bana Di Jodi......
Badimaa has never said that it is BP's fault. She claims that she never tried to understand him (Hope I am right.) She has just accepted the fact that BP had to leave her and he did. She doesn't want to blame anybody for that. She had decided to move on.

I, have a lot of respect for people, especially women who have decided to prove the world that women are not just meant to work in a house. They are strong people, brave ones too. Often braver than men like BP. I really appreciate the women who believe that they are EQUAL to their husband, rather than believing that her husband has the right to do whatever they want and all they can do is to TOLERATE. Badimaa is a great example of such women. Even without a husband, she has taught her children the RIGHT way of living life and the good qualities a good human being should have.

Thanks to the creatives for creating such an inspirational character as Badimaa!! πŸ‘I thank you all a lot.

Thanks baccha.... U r 14????😲😲😲😲.... Darling u deserve a HUGπŸ€—...your thots r better than mine cutie and it deserves to be where my write-up stands.... believe me...i am bowled over your usage of that lyrics for your analysis on BM..⭐️.... loved your thots girl... and your parents r blessed to have a child like u dear.... God bless.... keep writing.... !πŸ˜ƒ
The lyrics truly reflect her character to a beautiful extent.... she keeps the probs to herself and never quantifies the love and affection she shares.... it is always DIL SE....😊... the Kashyap parivaar is her dhoop and chaaya and vice-versa.... and the parivaar is her own ..... !

note: manju... a small correction in your typing...
Here the Kashyap family comes across as a family who believes in TRUE values that believing that it is their son who is right

just correct the right to wrong dear....
Originally posted by laxmi_s

Thanks baccha.... U r 14????😲.... Darling u deserve a HUGπŸ€—...your thots r better than mine cutie and it deserves to be where my write-up stands.... believe me...i am bowled over your usage of that lyrics for your analysis on BM..⭐️.... loved your thots girl... and your parents r blessed to have a child like u dear.... God bless.... keep writing.... !πŸ˜ƒ
The lyrics truly reflect her character to a beautiful extent.... she keeps the probs to herself and never quantifies the love and affection she shares.... it is always DIL SE....😊... the Kashyap parivaar is her dhoop and chaaya and vice-versa.... and the parivaar is her own ..... !

note: manju... a small correction in your typing...
Here the Kashyap family comes across as a family who believes in TRUE values that believing that it is their son who is right

just correct the right to wrong dear....

Thanks a lot for pointing out my mistake. It was a blooper.πŸ˜›Thanks a lot. It was me who was bowled over by your beautiful comments and your detailed analysis. If you are bowled over by mine,...... it means a lot to me. πŸ˜­(Ye khushi ke aasu hein.) Kisi ne aaj tak mere writing ki itni tareef nahi ki. We should not discuss whose is better. You like mine and I like yours. That's it. I mean every person's perception is different. So, we can't just decide whose is better. Please don't say that mine is better than yours. πŸ€—to you too...
Originally posted by venture

First of all Laxmi, thanks  million for a heart warming post, which would really help this forum to come back to its old tardition of having meaningful discussion, thankyou.
Secondly " This Is It" to the creatives, this is SGP ,which shows mirror to our society that this is a woman of yester years but have more depth , courage , patients and will power this women of today, I am a woman of today but I dont see us in such a sacrificing mode as the character like Badi Maa , we are stronger and know exactly what we want and do everything to get it, we know our rights we know , we are better in so many ways from the yester year women but there is one thing whichthey beat us is the PATIENTS, the SACRIFICE, thinkig beoynd there own happiness.Dont take me worng I am not comparing I just saying that CVs are reminding us tha although we ightthimnk that yester year women were house bound , only in Chaddar and Chaar Dewaari , but they were strong as it is very difficult to live in the same house where your husband has betrayed your trust.
I would give more credit to Dadaji being the head of the famikly being the father of a selfish son he supported his BAhu, and it was his support which give strenght to Alok and Dadi as well to support Shailjah , as imagine usually you dont go againts your son, Eshawar would have send them money, may be made them more financially strong, but they refused and stood by Badi Maa, this is a very big thing, as I know in reality even having sympathy for the Bahus in cases like that nobody have he courage to cut off with the son, id its wasnt for Dadaji and Alok , Dadi would have given it in, as she is a mother.
And saying anything about Badi Maa would be Sooraj Ko Chiraag Dhikana hoga I love her character, may be I watch SGP for Ragini but I love SGP for Badi Maa and family. I think ths song would be perfect for Kyshaps
" Kisi Kee Muskurahatoon Pay Ho Nisaar
Kisis Ka Dard Mil Sakay Toh Lay Udhaar
Kisi Kay Wastay Ho Teray Dil May Pyaar
Jeena Isis Ka Naam Hai "

Thanks sheems..πŸ˜›. loved your take and the comparison drawn between the yesteryear women and today's women..... absolutely dear.... I am too weak in comparison to my MIL.... she has survived all her life being a fighter to survive and face all the odds and even in the last hour of life... she fought with a smile on her face.... I am afraid i am not that strong.... that is the difference... she was very sacrificing.... and she lived life to the fullest....but a small oddity in life puts me to test .... that is the difference ..... so i loved your thots on this.... we protray immense strength but those were the real fighters though were within the chaar deewari....but they had the guts to survive ....!especially  rightly said for a character like BM who has been betrayed by her husband.... so badly.... it is difficult to go on in the same house.....
Also loved your take on Alok and dadaji.... very rightly said yaar.... those were the ones who shrug their blood and supported the bride of the house.... had they not been her support... possibly BM wud have fell weak too.... so very nicely pointed out this aspect Sheems....!
Loved RK song for the Kashyaps......πŸ‘πŸΌ