Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

😕 The sole purpose of this event is to get Terrence's name in the record book..........He has a dance school to teach people, and no one has any problems with him charging what he wants at that dance school..........but why try to squeeze every last dime out of the common man for the mere purpose of having his name in the record books? 😕 Your analogy with education makes no sense in  this instance........teachers don't charge students to have their names in record books..........😕

aapka dekhne ka nazariya alag hai jee!😃 u see the sole purpose of this event as getting terence's name in the book. i see it as a chance for those, who do not wish to pay to get training, to learn something quick and at a lower price. to be actually enrolled in his school, u need skill, time, and money. just like u would in any highly professional dance class. this little opportunity/workshop gives people to learn something from him at a much more affordable price and it is quick. it will not take a year or whatever. u talk like there is absolutely no gain for the people enrolling. and all the gain is for terrence. they are getting an education! of course, it is a different matter if u don't value education and are the type to give that up just cuz u don't want someone else progressing. then i don't know what to tell u.

my analogy makes perfect sense. teachers don't charge the students directly for teaching them something. but u can't be oblivious to the fact that they do not do this for free. they get paid by the university, which gets paid by the students. so indirectly, yes, teachers do charge. as i said, education has its price. u never have education where someone else is paying u to get educated. an example: if some university decides to teach something highly unique to a bunch of students, who are interested, and the whole program/course is very successful, naam kiska hoga? the university's! and what did the students get out of it, who indirectly paid to be a part of this special course through their tuition? education! do u see that?

and as i said earlier, this isn't a job. so comparing it to some corporate environment is incorrect. the people do not have any responsibility or duty towards terence or his record breaking. yet they are joining. why? cuz some people value the education they are gonna get from him. unlike some, who only see that damned 50 Rs.😆

Anamika2000 thumbnail
Hi Everyone,
Im Anamika and Im new here....must say this is a warzone...wow...I went thru this post and felt a lot had been said without ascertaining the facts...so i thought i shd clear the air for all since I was personally present and now I can proudly say that I am a  part of a guiness world record.

I had seen, heard and read up  a lot abt Terence Lewis and then  I saw his advertisement the other day inviting people to do a FREE bollywood dance  class and in doing so break the Guiness world record.I naturally jumped as I have always wanted to dance but didnt know how to start. Besides my parents are against dancing and we are not so well to do. Anyways I was very nervous and I went there with three friends. I was pleasanty surprised to see how professionally it was managed at the regstrations. All his dancers were there, smiling and  helping us and were patient and never rude, despite some difficult and overbearing people who were pranksters as they had come to create nuisance since it was free. So i was very happy to see that it was free and  guess what, i was in for more surprises...After registrations I was given a Free Tshirt of Terence Lewis(Yeaaaaaaaaah), a yellow scarf, bottled drinking water and biscuits all free. We were made to stand in lines as it was the procedure. The instructors kept us engaged before starting by giving spot prises and making people groove.
Then came the real thing...Terence Lewis...dressed in a simple T shirt, Jeans and wore teh same scarf as every one else. He addresed the crowd warmly, thanked us for coming and learning in the hot sun, inspite of the exams going on and the fear of being the open on the eve of holi.....and then came the best part ...him teaching...In just one hour he taught us atleast 30 different moves and I loved the references he kept giving us while doing the step and made everything so light and funny and we were at ease. With several repetition and words of encouragement we were ready for the jig. He is a true master...makes things so easy...By now The sun was unrelenting....yet terence didnt stop and was kind enough to keep asking if we needed a break or water...he was so enthusausitic and kind to all his fans .that his energy spread to all of us..
Then we finally did it and I cdnt wait to here from his mouth Chumeshwari...what touched me the most was when he told us that the very school grounds we were learning the dance, he had played on it several times as we were in his school grounds. He felt that the seed of dance had been sown here, so it was only natural that it wd come full circle at this high point of his life  to do it in his very own school that nurtured his talent for ten years. Then one of the  old ladies broke the line and came gushing fwd. Terence recognised here. she was this frail woman who happened to be his teacher in 2 nd std,  an she wanted to hug him. Another young boy wanted to celebrate his birthday and said he got the best gift of the year when Terence Lewis made the entire crowd sing for him. I love this man....you can feel he is genuine....I also loved his humility when he thanked Zee profusely for giving him DID...loved what he said,..."iske pehle bhi main bahut nachtha tha aur seekhtha tha, lekin woh toh jaisa Mor, jungle main nacha...DID ne sab kuch badal diya" He took names of some people i cant remember. I think he is just such a gem. I saw that episode in CDD where he metioned that he used t o be very poor and sometimes so hungry that he used to hide and pick up vada pav from dustbins after school thrown by rich kids. This man is incredible...he has his feet on the ground..i feel inspired as im not so well to do and feel the connect strongly. 

Then later Guess what i saw those nuisance boys trying to disrupt things but they were out numbered as his fans were keen to learn and serious.  Then when the event came to a close, some of them started throwing the free water bottles on to each other and to the girls . Terence being the gentleman, told them that if they were his true fans they will not trouble the girls  and told them  to think of those poor people  who don't get water in their houses and die of it...This immediately calmed them. 
And Guess what....He promised us that he would give us all a certificate of participation, personally signed by him. I cant wait. 😛

Now looking back How those three hours flew and what an experience. But most of all, I got to see first time a celebrity who I met in flesh and blood and if im a woman and if we have any intuition, this man is genuinely, incredibly humble, talented, charming and simple. I really feel DID had a lot of freshness partly because of him as a person. 
I also googled his website...guess what i found that he works for the St catherines home free and also gave  free professional training scholarships  to many dancers like Mayuresh, Shakti, Punit and Falon who were very raw and new when they did the three year course...i wish one day i will be a part of that too....
i think ive spoken enough...time to study for my exam....wish me luck...
love you Terence.....
and please dont fight with me for loving him....its not blind love anyomre...ive experienced his Magic....
byeeeeee see you soon..
Rapier thumbnail
Be a part of the LARGEST BOLLYWOOD DANCE Workshop with TERENCE LEWIS himself 2 break the GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS absolutely FREE.Televised event on COLORS.
Register TODAY at 2pm.
Venue:St.Theresa's School Ground, Bandra-Mumbai INDIA.
Essentials:Caps,Glares,Sunblocks,Sport shoes.
Above 13 yrs.Call:+91 22 26040144/32514108.
ahhhh! would u look at that? he did it for FREE? what a nice person! i thought he was being generous with the 50 Rs. But he is much more kind-hearted. he did it for FREE!!!!!!! god bless him! 😉 and oh look, he didn't forget to thank the people who came either.

Terence Lewis
NEW RECORD!!!!Thanks 2 every1's luv & support.V hav dun it.V hav created history 2day & INDIA nw holds the record 4 the Largest Bollywood class eva in the GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS.2 every single person who came,frm Kids 2 our Senior citizens,a VERY HEARTFELT thank u frm Terence Lewis & the Terence Lewis Academy.It would not hav bin possible witout u all.Luv u All.

what a nice man! and if you don't want to believe me, toh na hi sahi. but people who went to the actual thing confirm this. A special thank you to Anamika (poster above) for sharing her story.

Rapier thumbnail

i thought this picture would interest some of us!

u can see Mayuresh Wadkar (top left), Falon (second person in second row from bottom), Shampa Sonthalia(5th person in third row), and Punit Pathak(1st person in second row from top)

Anjaani_Dastaan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rapier

i thought this picture would interest some of us!

u can see Mayuresh Wadkar (top left), Falon (second person in second row from bottom), Shampa Sonthalia(5th person in third row), and Punit Pathak(1st person in second row from top)

OMG I SEE NEERAV <3 [lol i would] right next to terences head <3 
and i had no idea Falon was taught by TL 
Rapier thumbnail
^^^ oh yea! i didn't even notice neerav! lol.
WreckLass thumbnail
OMG! I have fallen in love with Terence all over again.
Anamika! Thanks for sharing your story. He is amazing indeed.
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
woahhh what a generous man i must say 👏

hats off TL, u not only did it for free but also gave free gifts to people who participated 😃...I do know you visit this forum sometimes, just wanna say keep it up and we wish to see u in DID soon 😉
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow TFS!

Mr. Terence seems to be a rather genuine person. I hope to see him soon in Dancing Ke Superstars, so that I can make more about him. 😊
Rapier thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

Wow TFS!

Mr. Terence seems to be a rather genuine person. I hope to see him soon in Dancing Ke Superstars, so that I can make more about him. 😊

ok. it's high time i ask this question.😆 what DOES TFS mean debu? i see it everywhere and i can't figure out what it stands for.😆