Terence Lewis - A groovy record

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

A groovy record

Terence Lewis attempts to outdo a Chinese national's Guinness Book of World Records for the largest number of people choreographed in the shortest time frame

An upcoming attempt at a Guinness Book of World Records can be described as a journey from China to Chandni Chowk with a detour in Mumbai.

Mumbai Mirror readers can join Mumbai-based choreographer Terence Lewis this Saturday as he attempts to break the current record for the largest number of people choreographed on a Bollywood song, in a short duration.

The current record, oddly enough, is held by a Chinese national. Lewis tells us, "I was approached by Guinness and asked if I would be interested in breaking the current record. Such an honour, I readily signed up for it."

Known for his contemporary and neo-classic dance forms, Lewis has choreographed numerous dances for Bollywood films, music videos and national and international dance competitions.

He is returning to where it all began, as he tells us, "I chose the grounds of my old school because this is where I first started to fall in love with dance. My life has come a full circle."

Lewis's challenge is to break the Chinese citizen's current record of choreographing 1800 people on a Bollywood song. He cheekily tells us, "He was terrible and funny. Can you imagine having Chinese people dance to a Bollywood song?"

With song choice being critical as it can make or break this record, Lewis has not yet found the right dance number but he is adamant that it will not be 'Sheila ki Jawaani' or 'Munni badnaam hui'.

What makes this record breaking attempt more exciting is that you can be a part of the process. With a simple registration procedure and a fee of Rs 50, dance enthusiasts can get a quick lesson on how to get their moves right.

Since the record is about timing as much as it is about the dance, participants will be required to get into their groove within an hour and avoid getting disqualified by not danceing.

Registrations start at 3 pm and the training at 5 pm sharp at the grounds of St Teresa High School, Bandra West.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Its_Sash thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Best of luck Terence 👍🏼
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ahhh I wish i was there..i would've signed up!

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Best of luck, Terence! Oh how I wish I could sign up for a dance lesson. 🤔 Buuut knowing how horrible I am at it, it's probably better for Terence that I live far away. 🤣
ankit_nyc thumbnail
😕 The guy makes so much money through his "dance school"........He makes tons of money "judging" dance shows on television..........😕 and even then he feels the need to charge people 50 rupees to help him set a world record? 😕 He couldn't give the common man a break? charging people money to put himself in the record book.........😕 wow and here I thought I had seen everything when it comes to sucking every single dime out of people.......😕
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Good Job TL and Wish you all the Best !! 😃
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

😕 The guy makes so much money through his "dance school"........He makes tons of money "judging" dance shows on television..........😕 and even then he feels the need to charge people 50 rupees to help him set a world record? 😕 He couldn't give the common man a break? charging people money to put himself in the record book.........😕 wow and here I thought I had seen everything when it comes to sucking every single dime out of people.......😕

Ohhh dear !!  😆😆 
ThatOneGuy thumbnail

its just a dollar man 😆
ankit_nyc thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mihirism

its just a dollar man 😆

😃 Goes to show how greedy some people are........won't even let go of a dollar........He is the one that wants to set the record, and instead of being grateful that people are willing to take the time out of their day to help him, he wants to charge them for it.......😃 So let me get this straight, his name will go down in the record book and the poor slop who paid 50 rupees will get what out of it exactly? 😃 He couldn't just give the people a break? People have given him so much over they years, and in this instance he couldn't just waive the 50 rupees? 😛
ThatOneGuy thumbnail

😃 Goes to show how greedy some people are........won't even let go of a dollar........He is the one that wants to set the record, and instead of being grateful that people are willing to take the time out of their day to help him, he wants to charge them for it.......😃 So let me get this straight, his name will go down in the record book and the poor slop who paid 50 rupees will get what out of it exactly? 😃 He couldn't just give the people a break? People have given him so much over they years, and in this instance he couldn't just waive the 50 rupees? 😛

If it was free of charge then koi bhi raah-chalta aadmi sign up karleta...you need people who can at least spell dance 😆