chronic thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Avni's ayi pissed me off in today's episode! Avni's sister has more sense and foresight than her mother. Her ayi is so desperate to get her daughter married off that she doesn't even care that both Bhaskar and his family are bringing so much trouble onto the child she claims to love. No mother who truly loves her daughter would want to subject her daughter to so much pain. I know she isn't aware of the full extent of Bhaskar's deviousness as the audience is, but she must at least sense that his family is crazyyyy. Why would she want to put her own daughter through so much crap! Are we supposed to think of her as a negative character also? She said today that if they break off the marriage then they wouldn't be able to show their face in public, etc (typical LAME soap opera plot device). Oh, give me a break! This is 2011 for god's sake, not the 1950's! Her daughter has earned enough of a good reputation for herself and her family alone through her high position at her work...she would be kicking the ass of anyone who dares try to snark at her family. Uggh, I hope slap she gave Abhaa in today's episode comes back to bite her big time after Avni DOES marry Bhaskar and realises his truth.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AlwaysHisJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Avi's father left her mother so that pain is affecting the way her mother looks at her daughter's future and is afraid that no one will marry avi but I don't blame her mother much as I blame avi so many people warned her and there were times where bhasku was not nice to her she is a smart girl she should look into bhasku's past she is educated and not as emotional like her mother her mom loves avi and wants best for her
chronic thumbnail
^ Well I understand that. She seems to want the best for her family, but come on! How can she possibly believe that the family her daughter will be going into is any good? It doesn't matter that she was wooed by Bhaskar's fake charm, his family has pulled enough ridiculous antics to put her off that marriage. I get that her husband is no longer around to shield her family, but that doesn't mean she should compromise her daughter's happiness and marry her off to any looney family. She should become the strength for the family. Why should her daughter have to bear the brunt of the responsibilities for their home? I was putting some blame on Avni up until today's episode. By the end of it, she did seem to have doubts about Bhaskar and his family both. Although, as is expected, she will most likely go through with the marriage to abide by her mum's promise....uhh, whatever. I was hoping this show would be different, but it's following the formula of a million and one soaps on desi TV so far. Edited by chronic - 13 years ago
April2007 thumbnail
I totally agree with you. Aai is passive aggressive, she refuses to listen to anybody. She doesn't care for her daughter future or for her other family members, who will be left with nothing after she spends all the money on Avni's marriage. Aai has no self respect, she is letting her daughter be married in the family who are constantly abusing her and her family. 

I feel both Avni and her mother have some kind of deficiency. Avni gets so angry with Muskara for writing the note but takes all kinds of crap from Baskar...she doesn't come across even normal smart.

The whole show is lame..
reshmi1234 thumbnail
I too agree wtih you all.  Aayi really pissed me off.  I did not like her at all forcing jer own daughter to get married to such a guy ho has let them down.  She can imagine, before marriage if the situation is like this, what will be after the marriage.  Disgusting.
nb.neha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
ayi is bound by societal norms: of geting maried her duaghter, the fear of what wil hapen if the mariage is called off. moeover she is convinced that bhaskar is noble n only his family (that too ayi n elder sister) is dificult to handle, so she thinks that if avni gets her husband's suport she l be able to surpass everything.
cjs369 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Avni's mother  belongs to the lower middle class family...is a woman whose husband has left her and  who must have undergone a lot of hardship and taunts from the society she is living in... she just wants to fulfil her duties towards her children... and she has three daughters to marry off... and being an uneducated and docile kind of a woman she gets threatened by society very fast... she believes in following society norms and wants to get atleast one daughter married... as for this generation, its a big resposibility they want to fulfil...

having said that ... I wud say though I understand Avni's mother ...I dont agree with such an approach...
as a mother ..... life should have taught her not to get easily swayed by people... her own experience should have made her more careful while selecting a husband for Avni........she feels Bhaskar is a good guy and family can be handled ... but she is not looking at the dilemas her daughter has to face ... she is not taking time to think clearly before deciding, is this the kind of family she wants her daughter to go into... ?

nb.neha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
at first if given a choice avni would not marry at all as she wants to fuly suport her family.
secondly, ayi's own situation makes her insist avni on geting maried. even her family was good but her husband left her,.....thats wat she keeps saying : husband should be good n the rest can be handleded
April2007 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nb.neha

at first if given a choice avni would not marry at all as she wants to fuly suport her family.

secondly, ayi's own situation makes her insist avni on geting maried. even her family was good but her husband left her,.....thats wat she keeps saying : husband should be good n the rest can be handleded

Any fool can see that Bhasker is manipulative habitual lier. Most people will be more vigilant if they have personal negative experience, Aai has gone other way, she has become less conscious and willing to take chance with Avni's life. If Aai thinks that Bhasker is good than she should have her head examined. 

Aai lacks the capacity to respect her daughters and their opinion. Only opinion that matters to her is her own,
chronic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: April2007

I totally agree with you. Aai is passive aggressive, she refuses to listen to anybody. She doesn't care for her daughter future or for her other family members, who will be left with nothing after she spends all the money on Avni's marriage. Aai has no self respect, she is letting her daughter be married in the family who are constantly abusing her and her family. 

I feel both Avni and her mother have some kind of deficiency. Avni gets so angry with Muskara for writing the note but takes all kinds of crap from Baskar...she doesn't come across even normal smart.

The whole show is lame..

Passive aggressive is the right way to put it. I understand that her views are largely informed by her own life experiences, but still, one would hope that she would grow stronger as both an individual and as the protector of the family after the situation with her husband with some time. It is unfortunate that she had to deal with so much torment from society after her husband left her, but that is no reason for her to force her daughter into marrying such a family. It would be logical character development for her to support her daughter in all her decisions and shield her from any such negative forces after her own expreriences, but the writers of this show seem a little clueless.

I agree that Avni is also at fault to some extent for ignoring some of Bhaskar's snide yet telling remarks, but I don't think that she would be so hell bent on believing him and wanting to marry him if it wasn't for her mother. She seems to have taken all the responsibility away from her mother at a young age...but it surprises me that her mother assumes no responsibility towards either the physical or the mental wellfare of her family. It is Avni that has to work her butt off to support her family, not her mother. The least she can do is be an emotional support for Avni, trust her decisions and not FORCE her into marriage by promise.     
Edited by chronic - 13 years ago