Artful_Dodger thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Ranbir, Imran bury hatchet

Prithwish Ganguly, TNN | Mar 16, 2011, 12.00am IST

Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan are no longer foes. On Sunday, Ranbir sent out a text message to the I Hate Luv Storys actor, in an attempt to sort out the stress between them. Imran texted back and now all is well between the two. 

The tension began when an article appeared in a newspaper suggesting that Ranbir was too busy and was passing on film and ad offers to his rival Imran. This showed Khan in poor light, as though he was living on the Kapoor's hand-me-downs. The infuriated Khan was told by well-wishers that the reports in the media were being planted by the Kapoor clique. 

Then TOI broke the story about Imran being chosen over the RK boy for a telecom company advertisment because he exhibits a strong character, loyalty and dedication. This was followed by a volley of articles in various newspapers, painting the RK boy as a 'playboy' who was more in news for his women than his work. This was seen as the work of Khan's PR machinery. The hostility grew. 

There were vested interests on both sides, who were fanning the resentment between the two actors. Each day a little more fuel was being added to the fire and things were getting uglier by the day. Then Ranbir decided to take the big step and reach out to Khan. He sent a message to Khan explaining that he had nothing to do with the unflattering stuff being written about him. Imran messaged him back and made his stand clear. 

That was that. Imran confirms, "Yes, Ranbir texted me yesterday and I appreciate him reaching out to me. In any case, these are unimportant issues." Looks like there is peace again. Let's see how long it lasts. As of now, the two young stars have one less thing to worry about. 

It's impressive how this new generation actors reach out to each other and sort out their differences like cool, mature adults. While the war between Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan continues two years later. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Didn't realize they were fighting..๐Ÿ˜•

Can our "senior" actors learn a thing or two from these 2?
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
agree. didnt realize they had anything against eachother, but isnt avantika kinda like a hand me down from ranbir๐Ÿ˜†
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
what the? i didnt know they were "foes". since when? ...
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
when did the fighting start?๐Ÿค”
Artful_Dodger thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
here's the link which talks about the feud between the two:

http://fenilandbollywood.com/2011/03/11/ranbir-imran-feud-the-new-war-in-town/