Mistis thoughts-15th March 2011

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged

Phuljhari=Radhika

Bumbum=Dev

Kabutarni=Maheshwari

This Purohit house is one dysfunctional family…or is it really a family?…..no wonder the kids have developed their own coping mechanism…Ermm….the daughter lives in Mumbai, anyway what's the use of her coming back home when she does not even know that she has been kicked out of her room …D'oh……the eldest son has realized that if he does not throw a tantrum then he won't get anything……Ermm..I don't blame him with a mother like his what else can he do……Wacko..the middle one Rohan prefers to keep himself away from the family stuff and enjoys girls………….don't blame him to who wants to live in this house…D'oh……..the youngest one Dev keeps on smiling and doing stuff……..but does not get involved………I mean I do not feel as if he is a part of this family,…Ermm…..he is friendly with Rohan and tells him stuff …..stays in his own dream world……..I mean the flute, sketches and sculpturing…looking or dreaming for a face that he can paint....the face that calls him and touches something inside.....that why his sketches usually don't have faces.  I mean the ones that they showed before…….and now he has met this girl whom he liked a lot.......thinks that she is someone known to him and he has decided that he in in love.....…..is looking or searching for something that will make him belong to someone or someplace?……Bumbum feels that this girl was stranger but not a stranger…… says that he has never known/felt what is love…is he only talking about romantic love? Or does that mean that he does not think that amma does not love him as a son?…..or that dadaji does not love him as a grandson?…or that Rohan does not love him as a friend? I mean all these are also relationships based on the feeling or emotion called love.. .Now coming to the adults kabutarni the greatest lunatic in the house…D'oh……she keeps on justifying her actions to herself…WackoSilly…..I mean is she trying to convince the audience or herself. LOLLOLThe amount of time she mumbles to herself I am starting to get a feeling that she is telling herself or reminding herself…LOLLOL…if I do not do this then this will not happen…Ermm..if I do this then this will happen………Ermm…….uffo Chunnu munnu how many times do I have to listen to the same dialogues from her……D'oh…..its either about changing will dialogue…Ermmor patting someone's head dialogue Ermmor putting a syringe in her FILS rear end dialogue…WackoSillyOuch…but today she got a bit frazzled when she realized that Bumbum has taken the dadaji before she could sing his lullaby to him …Ermm……and chunnu munnu I know amma was interested but I am not interested in ammas looks……..If she wants to say something regarding her actions then I will be interested otherwise not.

But in comparison Phuljharis family…….something that I can understand. ClapPhuljhari is happy in her dreamworld and smiling and coming back home…….the thought of mothers anger is out of her head…Smile..returns home and father is waiting for her……..on being asked whether she is hungry she promptly says yes………….and then the brother also comes out. Liked the brother-sister banter …her daily talks with Kanha…….I mean she knows that mother is angry but she carries on …..and next day knowing that the mother is angry, she asks the sister and brother to go with her……….the mother throws a fit and the brother gets irritated and takes the mother away from the house. Phuljhari knows that she was late and she shouldn't have been late………so she decided not to go alone because wants to calm the mother and the father steps in saying that nothing will stop her education…….and Phuljhari nods and leaves smiling……………..Interesting  family where the father is adamant about his daughter studying and is her main support……….well there are step mums like her who expect more from the adopted child than from their own birth kids…I don't know whether it is expectation or not but there is some sort of waryness from both towards each other…….has an ego and gets hurt pretty quickly…the mother thinks that no one in the family listens to her  while the fatherhas got the goal of the daughters educaton set in his head and will not let anything come in front of it.….Give me this family over the Purohits anyday.  

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

baas-tvRadev_AvinaFananusha34bvs7691rajsriradha_bilahariAnsa786laxmisRADEV1000JustShantazam123ChinadollTwov3gradev09..yajnaseni..RadiantTreasureDaisy15gardessigridAngie12PutijaChalhovNeerjaaanu17

RADEV1000 Goldie
RADEV1000
RADEV1000

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Misti luved u brief analysis.... Clap... one question dear..."Dev bumbumbhole se bumbum ban gaye kyun ?......LOL

Today 's episode was a good one to me!!...luved the relation n conversation btween Dev n Rohan .... they wre lookin sooo friendly.... even find sumthing diffrnc when Dev winks his eyes at his Dadaji.....i mean  we got 2 c the actual relation btwn Dev n Dadaji they r free with one another which even  can used as a positive side of the show later on...all over l luved over Dev's performance 2day....
   Commin to Phuljharis one ..... today i got ensured one thing that Chenu will never cause harm to Radhika or to her luv..... realy luved the realtion between them.... Ashanti was also good today....
  n anothr thing i want frm Chunnumunnu that they should show sumthing more of Padma rather than showin her only a supporive charecter of kabutarni...Ermm

Edited by RADEV1000 - 15 March 2011 at 11:47am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

bvs7691laxmisJustShantasigridanu17Neerjaamisti73

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Misti, very good analysis.

Phuljhari's family is interesting.  All the kids know their mother inside out and deal with her in that way.  I like the fact that this Phuljhari is not so righteous that she harms herself.  I like her attitude of calming her mother and agreeing with father to pursue something that is both their dream.  If they have to tell few white lies, then so be it.  I like Chenu and Radhika's relationship a lot.  Very natural brother and sister relationship where Chenu is still materialistic but cares for Radhika.  Caring and materialistic can go hand in hand. 

I still feel as if there are two writers for two families and one for Phuljhari's family needs also to write for Bumbum's family.  I was skeptical about Bumbum's feelings of love but still feel that it is crush at this stage where he feels connected to Phuljhari.  Yeah, he looks like an outsider who only confides properly in his Dadaji (probably the only person he feels close to).  But his smittenness comes as the neediness to me.  Phuljhari also feels connected to him but is more stable.  Here he is desperate for love because Amma also gave him a lot of responsibilities and not that unconditional love Radhika gets from her father.  Wish they would show that rather those monologues of Kabutarni which are perfectly clear to audience by now.

Why explain the stuff that is crystal clear and keep everthing else vague.  I have a feeling that they are keeping everything vague in PF due to future tracks.  If they don't show these interactions, they can suddenly change the characters.  So Viraath can suddenly be shown to be a best friend of Rohan or Rohan could be shown taking advantage of Dev or Rashmi could be either seen as an ally of Dev or somebody who sides with Rohan.  Or she can have a problem in Mumbai that only Phuljhari would solve (prophecy of Narad Muni coming true). 

Suddenly they show an agitated Kabutarni and so they can show Amma suddenly having doubts about her.  So they are keeping Amma quiet for now as they decide on tracks.

In summary, all this vagueness and lack of clarity about PF characters is either they are not sure of their tracks or are keeping them purposefully like that to develop future tracks.  But the question is if they don't make them interesting at this time,  audience won't flock to the show.  Look at top shows.  The tracks may be dull but audience have become invested in all their characters.  Here audience are only invested in Dev and Radhika.  But in order to have longevity, they need to develop other characters.  Padma along with Viraath and Amma are rarely being shown.

As you said, Amma's look is meaningless.  They used to give such looks to Abhay where audience would get excited thinking that he is faking his amnesia and would get Katyani eventually.  Nothing happened and the track fizzled out in two months.  They still haven't learnt from their mistakes.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

laxmisRADEV1000anusha34..yajnaseni..sigridmisti73anu17Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by why3

Misti, very good analysis.

Thanks Angie.

Phuljhari's family is interesting.  All the kids know their mother inside out and deal with her in that way.  I like the fact that this Phuljhari is not so righteous that she harms herself.  I like her attitude of calming her mother and agreeing with father to pursue something that is both their dream.  If they have to tell few white lies, then so be it.  I like Chenu and Radhika's relationship a lot.  Very natural brother and sister relationship where Chenu is still materialistic but cares for Radhika.  Caring and materialistic can go hand in hand.

As I have said before whoever is writing the characterisation and screenplay for Phuljharis family has done a good job....or maybe because the intial part of the soap is based in Rawal they have invested more time and effort in these characters than on the Purohits.........this actually ties down to what you have written regarding the makers not being sure about the future tracks.....so thats why Purohits have been kept aside. They will show the characters when they decide on the tracks. The other option of two writers is also there.

I still feel as if there are two writers for two families and one for Phuljhari's family needs also to write for Bumbum's family.  I was skeptical about Bumbum's feelings of love but still feel that it is crush at this stage where he feels connected to Phuljhari.  Yeah, he looks like an outsider who only confides properly in his Dadaji (probably the only person he feels close to).  But his smittenness comes as the neediness to me.  Phuljhari also feels connected to him but is more stable.  Here he is desperate for love because Amma also gave him a lot of responsibilities and not that unconditional love Radhika gets from her father.  Wish they would show that rather those monologues of Kabutarni which are perfectly clear to audience by now.

Angie thats why I wrote regarding Bumbum that he is searching for something that will give him something that is lacking in his life.....I mean his hobbies are all solitary hobbies..........his sketches don't have faces ....maybe he is looking for the unconditional love that a child requires.......his interaction with his dadaji was that of a kid........I also feel that this feeling that he has developed is a crush or infatuation and he is calling that as love. I am not sure whether he actually knows the meaning of the term love. Since he has not experienced unconditional love as a child........he will be needy and he might want that love as an adult which only a very mature and confident person can give him....... 

Why explain the stuff that is crystal clear and keep everthing else vague.  I have a feeling that they are keeping everything vague in PF due to future tracks.  If they don't show these interactions, they can suddenly change the characters.  So Viraath can suddenly be shown to be a best friend of Rohan or Rohan could be shown taking advantage of Dev or Rashmi could be either seen as an ally of Dev or somebody who sides with Rohan.  Or she can have a problem in Mumbai that only Phuljhari would solve (prophecy of Narad Muni coming true). 
Suddenly they show an agitated Kabutarni and so they can show Amma suddenly having doubts about her.  So they are keeping Amma quiet for now as they decide on tracks.
In summary, all this vagueness and lack of clarity about PF characters is either they are not sure of their tracks or are keeping them purposefully like that to develop future tracks.  But the question is if they don't make them interesting at this time,  audience won't flock to the show.  Look at top shows.  The tracks may be dull but audience have become invested in all their characters.  Here audience are only invested in Dev and Radhika.  But in order to have longevity, they need to develop other characters.  Padma along with Viraath and Amma are rarely being shown.

Yes........they are still not sure of the future tracks and hence this ambiguity in the Purohits.As for the longetivity the side characters need a story of their own........if the story only revolves around Dev and Radhika........there won't be much to tell and again artificial twists and turns will start.

As you said, Amma's look is meaningless.  They used to give such looks to Abhay where audience would get excited thinking that he is faking his amnesia and would get Katyani eventually.  Nothing happened and the track fizzled out in two months.  They still haven't learnt from their mistakes.

They also have not learned that it is the same audience that were treated the same way regarding Abhays looks.......so why will they be interested in ammas looks.

laxmis..yajnaseni..sigridAngie12PutijaChalhovanu17Neerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

Angie thats why I wrote regarding Bumbum that he is searching for something that will give him something that is lacking in his life.....I mean his hobbies are all solitary hobbies..........his sketches don't have faces ....maybe he is looking for the unconditional love that a child requires.......his interaction with his dadaji was that of a kid........I also feel that this feeling that he has developed is a crush or infatuation and he is calling that as love. I am not sure whether he actually knows the meaning of the term love. Since he has not experienced unconditional love as a child........he will be needy and he might want that love as an adult which only a very mature and confident person can give him....... 

Just based on last two week's characterization of Dev (discounting that first introduction episode where he showed his puppet behavior),  they are keeping Dev as this innocent character who is also a loner.  He only got love from Amma and Dadaji.  Dadaji treated him like a grandson and Amma was there as a mentor more than a mother.  A mother would have fought to get food for her son and she didn't fight as she couldn't disobey the DIL being a servant.  So he is close to Amma but doesn't confide in her about his feelings.  He does so with Rohan at a superficial basis as adult Rohan is acting like a friend to him.  Otherwise he is a loner as you mentioned all his activities (body building, sculpting, sketching and flute playing).  He does his work and spends the rest of his time in his hobbies.  He was shown very eager to find a dream girl.  Radhika fits his imagination and hence his infatuation.  She is the mature one in this relationship and he would fall properly in love once he gets to know her. 

He is not shown to be close to Padma or having any feeling about any other PF member.  The only clear relationship they have shown is with Viraath where Bumbum knows about Viraath and prefers to ignore him.  Hence his advice for phuljhari to do the same.   I am okay with that characterization as long as they don't suddenly make him chummy with Padma and others.   

I agree that his interaction with Dadaji was similar to the one he used to have with Dadi and it was more like a kid and Dadaji's look was also of an indulgent grandfather who wanted his grandson to get his wish.  I just wish they would show this gradual realization of love and also realization on Radhika's part that Dev needs her also to fulfil a deficiency in his life.   They showed that blossoming in Radhika after she experienced that unconditional love from Dev  in CB1 and they need to show that groW*H in Bumbum too in CB2.    Unfortunately they are rushing this "divine" love to make their deadline of "Holi" so that they can show twists and turns which includes their favorite track of triangles and rectangles.  Wish they could think a little bit outside the box.  

Yes........they are still not sure of the future tracks and hence this ambiguity in the Purohits.As for the longetivity the side characters need a story of their own........if the story only revolves around Dev and Radhika........there won't be much to tell and again artificial twists and turns will start.

Sometimes I wonder if DJs are interested in longevity of any of their shows.  They seem to have no love for their products and care only for 1 year return which they get by initial promos and initial ratings.  After the triangles are over, they drag the story for another 6 months where all the beloved characters are destroyed and side characters are reduced to caricatures.  Then they close the show.

They also have not learned that it is the same audience that were treated the same way regarding Abhays looks.......so why will they be interested in ammas looks.

Agree with that completely.  Even if they don't show Padma for now, show at least Amma's doubts and her justification for installing respect for Kabutarni in Dev's mind in the privacy of her room.

Today they showed Kabutarni getting angry as things didn't go her way.  So they are showing that she starts behaving like her old self when she doesn't get her way.  Otherwise she is sweet as sugar.  How is it possible that she didn't lose her cool in 12 years.  There have to be incidents where she was powerless and had to be shown angry.  Her husband is rarely shown and she hides her feelings towards him.  He used to know her too and would run away when she would get into her tantrums.  Now they are hiding him.  Well probably they will pay more attention to PF when holi gets over and Kabutarni chooses Radhika.  Just hope that PF turns out to be half as interesting as Phuljhari's family.  Otherwise, the show would become tedious as the action would soon move to PB. 

JustShanta..yajnaseni..sigridPutijaChalhovmisti73anu17Neerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Misti,

I also think they are making up the tracks as they go based on the audience reaction and TRPs.  So they suddenly introduced the adult characters when TRPs were good as they probably thought they would even better ratings.  Then when Dev was not liked by the audience and TRPs fell, they modified his character and limited his interaction with his family.  His main interaction has been now with Rohan who acts like a buddy but probably doesn't care for him much.  They are now rushing Dev and Radhika's romance as that would fetch good TRPs in their opinion.  Hence the story doesn't resemble their own synopsis. 

Initially, the story was that Dev meets Radhika when he is sent to Rawal to look at Radhika as a prospective bride for Rohan.  Remember that scene in SBB or SBS where Dev is searching for Radhika and they are not able to meet despite both being at Rawal Ghat.  Now that scene is nowhere to be found.  Unless they keep Dev and Radhika as strangers who don't know each others' names and Dev is shown searching for "Radhika" - the chosen bride of Rohan.    As long as they don't make it similar to CB1 with mistaken identities and what not, I am ok if the story is logical.  But they need to show Radhika saying "yes" to Rohan's proposal thinking that he is her husband but not liking it at all in her heart.  Then show her conflict and finally show her breaking off from those childhood beliefs because she decides to trust her instinct and go for something that is tangible and real over some rituals ingrained from childhood.  They won't show it because that will go against their ritualistic preferences.

Speaking of Phuljhari's family, I liked it today that father did not question Radhika about the reasons for missing the boat.  He and Chenu knew that Radhika must have been looking for Chanda and missed the last boat due to that reason.  So it was nice to see that he was concerned that she was hungry and wanted to serve her food and she also had no objection to that.  She is shown to have very normal reactions for a girl raised in a conservative family.  PF on the other hand is totally dysfunctional as you mentioned in your analysis.  There is no attachment of any characters to anybody.  The only attachment I see is between Dadaji and Dev and that too is from a distance.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

JustShantaanusha34..yajnaseni..sigridanu17Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RADEV1000

Misti luved u brief analysis.... Clap... one question dear..."Dev bumbumbhole se bumbum ban gaye kyun ?......LOL

Today 's episode was a good one to me!!...luved the relation n conversation btween Dev n Rohan .... they wre lookin sooo friendly.... even find sumthing diffrnc when Dev winks his eyes at his Dadaji.....i mean  we got 2 c the actual relation btwn Dev n Dadaji they r free with one another which even  can used as a positive side of the show later on...all over l luved over Dev's performance 2day....
   Commin to Phuljharis one ..... today i got ensured one thing that Chenu will never cause harm to Radhika or to her luv..... realy luved the realtion between them.... Ashanti was also good today....
  n anothr thing i want frm Chunnumunnu that they should show sumthing more of Padma rather than showin her only a supporive charecter of kabutarni...Ermm

Thanks RADEV1000.........The credit for the Bumbum name goes to Angie....she used the shortened version and I liked it so decided to use it. As for the epsiode, for me it was interesting in bits and not interesting in bits.........so a mix and match episode for me.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

RADEV1000JustShantasigridAngie12anu17

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

Originally posted by RADEV1000

Thanks RADEV1000.........The credit for the Bumbum name goes to Angie....she used the shortened version and I liked it so decided to use it. As for the epsiode, for me it was interesting in bits and not interesting in bits.........so a mix and match episode for me.
Misti,  I love all your names and you are a genius in coming up with them.  I actually want to see Bumbumbhole roop when he finds out that Kabutarni pushed Dadaji.  For now he was Bumbum because I think of him as a loveable bum based on his reactions to Radhika (of course I am ignoring his puppet behavior as that brings anguthachoos image back). 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

RADEV1000JustShantasigridmisti73anu17Neerjaa

Go to top