Aamir Khan: I Love The Kela Awards; All Others Are - Page 7

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

Me thinks the pressure of Ra One is also getting to SRK. The Budget seems to have overshot and he cannot afford financially for the film to fail.

SRK was offered Robot. He toyed with the idea for long and made Shankar wait then he refused. When Shankar decided to go ahead with Rajnikant, SRK announced Ra.1 but he just couldn't finish it before Robot.

I think it is getting to him because he has to adjust the script and make necessary changes. The budget is not helping either. Now it's become his ambitious project. Hope Ra.1 works for his sanity.
Originally posted by TheDilettante

SRK was offered Robot. He toyed with the idea for long and made Shankar wait then he refused. When Shankar decided to go ahead with Rajnikant, SRK announced Ra.1 but he just couldn't finish it before Robot.

I think it is getting to him because he has to adjust the script and make necessary changes. The budget is not helping either. Now it's become his ambitious project. Hope Ra.1 works for his sanity.

honestly
shankar is a BRILLIANT script writer! he is lavish too! the script also goes with a certain modification fr the superstar

SRK would have been brilliant if shankar modified the script for him!😛

right now i honestly felt srk is ripping lines off shankar's robot..i dont think shankar cares though..

I was reading somewhere about the fact that both Salman and Aamir have 100 crore blockbusters while SRK is still yet to cross the mile-stone --- that's why he is so heavily invested in Ra 1 to cross that mark. He looks really lonely and lost nowadays. It might be worse if Ra 1 fails.. Edited by Relda - 13 years ago

Even if we beleive that  its current budget is final  how much money can it make even if it is the biggest Blockbuster we have had so far? Seems very far fetched to me. He will need to dance at a lot of weddings and sign a lot of movies to recover.  Good Luck to him tho.

I dont think he imagined Robot to do so well even in northern parts of the country.

He behaved like a petulant child when Shankar and him decided not to work together. I believe he immediately went and registered all Robot related  movie titles just to piss off Rajini & Shankar.

Eventuallty he cooled a bit and offered the Robot title back as an apology.

SRK is not a big fan of Rajini eaither. In some NDTV award Rajini remarked that only Big B is the true emporer of Indian cinema. SRK didnt take too kindly to the comment as he was in the audience. So he took the mic and asked Rajini if he thinks SRK would be the emporer some day.

I sometimes think SRK has this child like obsession of being recognised & loved by one and all.
add to that the factor..SRK doesnt have Rajni's star power..rajni's fans had 4am shows in chennai and they were housefull
Coming to Kela awards comment, of course Aamir Khan loves it because the jury has some esteemed journalists and it's based on people's votes. In the industry with dearth of good actors, nobody is ever going to give a Kela to Aamir Khan. He knows that so he loves it.
Originally posted by Relda

I was reading somewhere that the fact that both Salman and Aamir have 100 crore blockbusters while SRK is still yet to cross the mile-stone --- that's why he is so heavily invested in Ra 1 to cross that mark. He looks really lonely and lost nowadays. It might be worse if Ra 1 fails..
How much did DDLJ make? I always thought that crossed the 100 crore mark. 
Originally posted by bandicoot

honestly
shankar is a BRILLIANT script writer! he is lavish too! the script also goes with a certain modification fr the superstar

SRK would have been brilliant if shankar modified the script for him!😛

right now i honestly felt srk is ripping lines off shankar's robot..i dont think shankar cares though..

I agree it was a mistake to not go with Shankar. I feel Shankar has a very good feel of what the mango people want. I liked his interview with Masand where he said its not just the story he has to consider. He needs to also think about how much he would get back for the budget he sets for his movies. Almost all his movies are blockbusters right ? even when he made Boyz with newcomers?
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

I dont think he imagined Robot to do so well even in northern parts of the country.

He behaved like a petulant child when Shankar and him decided not to work together. I believe he immediately went and registered all Robot related  movie titles just to piss off Rajini & Shankar.

Eventuallty he cooled a bit and offered the Robot title back as an apology.

SRK is not a big fan of Rajini eaither. In some NDTV award Rajini remarked that only Big B is the true emporer of Indian cinema. SRK didnt take too kindly to the comment as he was in the audience. So he took the mic and asked Rajini if he thinks SRK would be the emporer some day.

I sometimes think SRK has this child like obsession of being recognised & loved by one and all.

having read this..SRK doesnt have the humility of rajni either😕