Phulwa

Angad Hasija turns dehaati in Phulwa - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
The chocolate boy of small screen is growing up. After playing the sweet and innocent Alekh in Bidaai, Angad Hasija is back on television – this time in a completely contrast character. Angad makes an entry in Colors' Phulwa in tonight's episode as the shrewd Shankar with hues of grey shade who is appointed by the Thakur to slay Phulwa. Angad will be seen in an off-beat character in a raw and complete dehaati macho look.

How does it feel to be back on television with such a different role?
It feels great to be back with different attitude and role. Again, I will be doing a totally new character which excites me. I am working hard for this role and hope the audiences like it.

What is the unique trait of your character Shankar?
For me, this character is very unique and daring. He is very raw and rustic, has negative shade and everyone in the village hates him. As I have never played such a role before, it is a challenge for me. Shankar is very important to the story as he is against the little protagonist Phulwa.

What kind of look you will have in this show?
As the show is a village based story, my look is very dehaati  with long hair. I will have a tan and wear kaaja. It's totally different from Alekh. I will also wear tight kurtas, show off my muscles and scare everyone. He is the gunda of the village. It would be something different for the audiences to watch. I hope the audiences love me in my new look. In fact, I have started growing a beard to get in to Shankar's character.

What do you like about Phulwa's character?
She is very strong and positive. She is very determined and brave. Very soon there will be a clash between Phulwa and me -so watch out for all the action.

Don't you think this role would give negative impact among your fans?
I know it would be little difficult  for them to see me in this avatar but when my character progresses, they will understand the motive behind Shankar's acts. I hope this role is a hit on television as I am the dabaang of Indian television.

What kind of research you have done for this role?
I haven't done any research but I have seen some old movies and I am just following the directions of the creative team. I am finding it very tough to talk in the UP dialect.

What message you would like to give to your fans?
Hey everyone, please do watch me as Shankar which is very different from my first show and please give me same love and support.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Angad-Hasija-turns-dehaati-in-Phulwa&aid=2661

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tamushi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
wanted to give it a shot for Angad.But as soon as I came to know that that it's based on Phoolan devi's life, I am not interested any more.

But all the best Angad and hope that you truly become Dabaang of indian tv with this role.
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I hate ds angad. There should have been another actor in place of ds angad. Really speaking kulfi wala looks better than ds man. I think that its his fst show, though he playing his role brilliantly.
Fattoom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
He is truly the Dabangg of TV ^__^ i loved watching him as Shankar in Phulwa .. am missing him & Jannat sooo much ... they r awesome n fab <3
priyaptkq thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
angu u r really a dabang of indian television,miss u as shankar