I have one objection on Jhansi Rani - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Ok ... I just felt very uncomfortable whenever this thing would screen. I sat with my inlaws, and my husband, having a laugh (tryng to blend in for a white girl in an in law visit, totally different land and custom is a little difficult and challenging sometimes) ... and then suddenly on TV a little girl with knife appears!

Anyways, if you say so ... but imagine you being in my position.

Yeap, we all understand what position you were in but perhaps a little more research into it all before announcing your distaste for something like that.

If it makes you feel any better I doubt your in-laws noticed, or your husband.

If they paid attention to such thoughts as you did then they wouldn't have allowed you in their home right?

Don't worry, be happy! :D
Originally posted by Polki_Zofi

Hello, I am a Polish girl (from Poland, a Central East European Country). I am a white girl ofcourse.

Why does this girl say "Gora ko marbhagana hai"??? ... it is offending. Why not say "British"? Why entire continent, all the populations?

You yourself, many, live and have relations in our lands. You feel good about it?

You can point out to British for historical reference.

You never feel that this is objectionable? Is this not racist?

By the way, I am married in India with very good inlaws. I came this year for visit with my husband, and saw this promotion. I understand Hindi quite well! If you can see from my perspective even once, this is highly objectionable.

Zofi.

hi dear...
how r u ???
i get ur point...
bt the thing here is not ALL WHITE people, but the british only!!!!
in those times, n also now in deep pure hindi goro means british n nt all white people....
we didnt even mean all british, we meant the bad n evil mindied british r to be sent back......
language n literature, sumtyms takes such turns, where a person gets confused
thats the same in ur case....

love yudi