Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

The Beauty of Guddu & Runjhun

edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

It's good if more and more people look at this show more deeply and not look at it on the surface.  Of course a lot of the fans of this show don't look at it on the surface.  My mom seems to look at this show on the surface.  When I said Guddu is a different type of character (when I said this, in my head, I was comparing him to other Zee tv heroes & Guddu is a very atypical Zee tv hero), she said he is a goonda character.  She doesn't follow the show, plus she probably wasn't thinkin' what I was thinkin' in my head w/comparing him to Zee tv heroes).  She is not too into Guddu + Runjhun mainly because of the way he treats her.  One day I got angry at her when she told my dad that I want Runjhun to be w/Guddu & here he is sayin' he will ruin her life.  I got back at her, asking her if she has ever heard of "Beauty and the Beast" and she didn't say anything back- i don't know if she heard me say this though so maybe that's why she didn't say anything back.  Like I've said before, I'm kinda a sucker for "Beauty and the Beast" type of romances.  She doesn't know that Guddu will eventually treat Runjhun well & they'll eventually fall in love with eachother.  Maybe if she knew all of this she'd like this pairing and the show more.  What a lot of people love about this show is Gunjhun.  They are a refreshing pair for Zee tv- it's good girl bad boy love story for cryin' out loud.  Unlike a lot of Zee tv pairings, they are VERY opposite from eachother- like night and day.  Plus, they didn't really have any type of relationship before they got married, & it's not even because their marriage was arranged by their families and the way got married is sooo not what I'm used to seeing on Zee tv.  There are times in life where God throws the unexpected, shocking, what the heck things at us.  Runjhun and Guddu so never expected to be together, Runjhun is shocked and they're both lookin' at their lives thinkin' I ended up marrying you?  Usually Zee tv doesn't go to this deep of an extent w/the unexpected & unfathomable when it comes to getting the main hero & heroine together.  Seriously, if this show was like a lot of Zee tv serials, Runjhun would end up w/Abhigyaan, or some other guy other than  Guddu who is less layered & more on the goody two shoes side.  Some people who don't follow this show might think "they are getting married?, he doesn't even treat her well" but this question ties into one of the main concepts of this show.  God throws us into unexpected, shocking & at times weird situations so we can learn-  In this show, God has thrown them into marriage.  Guddu has not treated Runjhun well for most of the show, he has a negative view about her & he tends to jump to negative conclusions about her.  For example, assuming that she got him arrested again when she really didn't do that & it was his dad that got him arrested.  After he marries her, he'll learn that she is really a sweet girl w/a big heart who doesn't wish ill of others.  So far on the she has negative view of him.  She thinks he is a dirty person who has ruined her life and who doesn't really give a crap for her pain & who's touch she can't bear.  After she marries him she'll realize that he's not really a dirty being and she will be able to bear his touch and she will end up touching him herself.  She will end up seeing him as a nice guy who really feels her pain and cares for her.  I think this pairing is genius.  Hats off to the writers for creating both these characters and getting them together.  Boy will Guddu & Runjhun have fun tellin' their kid(s) about how they were to each other before they got married and how they got married & what took place after the marriage.  

I like to think of this show which I love by the way as the journey of a woman (Runjhun) & a man (Guddu).  How their mentalities, their outlook on life, & their personalities change.  They both need growin' up to do.  She needs to become more aggressive & give more importance to herself & he needs to become more understanding & sympathetic (sympathetic- basically meaning he needs to soften up), especially towards Runjhun.                       
Edited by edabella - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tehzeeb25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
hey di..🤗
first of all i luv readin ur post ...they r sooooo meaningfull....

same here even my mom doesnt like guddu ...even i try to xplain her he will change .....

even i luv good gal n bad boy luv storys ...gunjun is my favvvvvv jodi luv them ...
i sooo agree wid u that their relation will chang after they cum to know bout eachothers true self.....
even i luv d thought of them tellin their kids how they were b4 marrige n how did they get married ....

di plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz now they r married plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz u can post ur ff plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....im eagerlyyyyyyyyyyy waitin...  
Prabhkallu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you for posting the marvelous topic regarding of GunJun.. Also thank you for sharing your thoughts/views/comments to us. 😊 Loves it sooo much!!!

I normally don't quite follow the serials closely.. Except Bhagonwali.. My mum were very surprised and curious.. I made her watched a few epsiodes, she too didn't likes the way Guddu's behavior towards Runjhun.. But, she actually said, everybody on this show are really good especially Guddu and his friends, Jaban (Kukkan &Jabbo)..

She finds Runjhun very pretty and innocent and Guddu so hot and angry men, 😆
This story is very different, unquie from other shows..

Guddu and Runjhun's amazing chemistry, even though at the moment the relationship they shared, enmity...

The whole casts were too good in their roles, Guddu, Runjhun, Mamas, Mamis, Diamond, Mahadevi, Babili,Lankhan mistra and his wife, Kukkan and Jabbo and as well as Amma.. I loves all of them especially Guddu and Runjhun..👏

I was never too fond of on-screen jodi until i came across Guddu and Runjhun.. They looks so sweet together... I and my cousin adore them so much! 😊

I love them both-not just one, both R&G.  The simple fact is that its great casting and acting by both of the actors, & them having real chemistry onscreen sure helps.  Both the characters have depth to them, they are not really simple characters;they are more real to life.  G's struggles, his fall from grace(a highly respected principal's son turns into a gunda) & R's status as an orphan & an abused maid in her own home.  What I love is the portrayal of the characters by both of them.  Yeah, Gunjhun is a Rocking Jodi!!!!👏 & this is the only show I watch.  So far, except for some of the abusive mamamamis scenes, I am liking what I am watching.👍🏼
NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
nicely written edabells.....u r rite about gunjhun.....i hav nly just watchd a portion of d serial....i discarded it at first....bt when i came 2 knw of gunjhun mrg am on it...coz i too lov d gud gal-bad boy chem as u say....nd knw doubtng d fact dat guddu will chng....
shanak.hot thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I so agree with all of you the first episode when I saw of this show I started liking it because of the characters in the show.it's something very different from other serials and just love it.....everyone in this show is great!!!!
sur001 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think most of us have this issue  when abhigyaan entered the show my dad said he will be the man in runjhuns life ( my dad also like this show)
I had told him that if we will take too much sugar we will get diabetes so guddu can only be the hero of runjhun.he is the only person who can save her fromhis mamas and titlis(mamis).
I really love to hate them because of theuir mindblowing acting
shanak.hot thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
my dad loves this show too, firstly because of the mama and mamis...and my sisters love it too...the characters are too good
EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
The ppl I introduce to this show in the US,  love the Jodi! But they don't like the evil mamamamis.  If the writers balance this show & turn the story around instead of being stuck with the mamamamis, this show has a certain appeal that will eventually get the viewers.  
At the moment, in the story, there is potential for the writers to turn this story around, bc they are faced with a turning point in the story-it entirely depends on how & which way they turn this story.  
We are at a point in the story where if the truth of Vishnu Pandey & today, what Vishnu/Raju Pandey did, if this is revealed to AMMA/R then there is a turning point in this series for ALL characters involved.  In this plot point, Bantu can emerge as a character who might not want to be involved with his brothers anymore.  But knowing Vishnu/Kalsanwali, they will seek revenge on Guddu & Runjhun.  Raju/Mittho will go with Vishnu because Raju already thought about that evil idea of giving G's Ma an emotional shock.  
Besides there is alot of emphasis made on the marriage rituals&vows/ So Guddu cannot just leave R alone.  Like AMMA said he has to now be her husband.  
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: EcliPSe_2010

The ppl I introduce to this show in the US,  love the Jodi! But they don't like the evil mamamamis.  If the writers balance this show & turn the story around instead of being stuck with the mamamamis, this show has a certain appeal that will eventually get the viewers.  

At the moment, in the story, there is potential for the writers to turn this story around, bc they are faced with a turning point in the story-it entirely depends on how & which way they turn this story.  
We are at a point in the story where if the truth of Vishnu Pandey & today, what Vishnu/Raju Pandey did, if this is revealed to AMMA/R then there is a turning point in this series for ALL characters involved.  In this plot point, Bantu can emerge as a character who might not want to be involved with his brothers anymore.  But knowing Vishnu/Kalsanwali, they will seek revenge on Guddu & Runjhun.  Raju/Mittho will go with Vishnu because Raju already thought about that evil idea of giving G's Ma an emotional shock.  
Besides there is alot of emphasis made on the marriage rituals&vows/ So Guddu cannot just leave R alone.  Like AMMA said he has to now be her husband.  

Same here Eclipse.. none of my friends want to watch this show bcos of the M&M's atrocities towards an orphan girl.
But the writing of this show is good.
And you are right, the story is at a good turning point and it has managed to bring in more viewers. 

You are right, they are giving importance to all the wedding rituals and the responsibilities of a husband. For that exact same reason, CVs may not reveal the truth to Amma & R yet . If G's mom is made OK in the hospital and truth is revealed, there is no purpose of G in PN. So, they are going to drag G's presence in PN. That is what I am thinking ..............

.....but I would definitely want everything to be OK .. truth be revealed and G's mom be okay ASAP.