Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Ha ha Meena.. you are the greatest. Sonam Kapoor will have a heart attack if she hears you say Bandra is a slum.
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I wonder if you could buy me some land in that slum area, Meena? Would be very sweet of you! 😳

Originally posted by: Relda

Ha ha Meena.. you are the greatest. Sonam Kapoor will have a heart attack if she hears you say Bandra is a slum.

well i hope her khabroo's get the word across to her then..😆😆😆

Originally posted by: x.Anku.x

I wonder if you could buy me some land in that slum area, Meena? Would be very sweet of you! 😳

LOL.. 😆😆..

😆
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Oh my gosh, stuff she is saying 👎🏼
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Meena1

interesting..

excuse my ignorance.. but i always thought Bandra was a slum area in Mumbai..😆😆

Meena... You are partially right... Bandra does have slums too....😊
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Maddy-

is bandra close to dharavi?

Originally posted by: -Maddy-

lol.. so i am not as ignorant as i assume myself to be..😆😆
ladygaga thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheDilettante

Anushka is definitely better than other newcomers but I doubt her versatility. In commercial bollywood an actor needs charisma and she lacks that. Despite the hits, she was completely ignored in an SRK film, not good in Badmaash Company. I loved her in Band Baaja Baarat. She played the character to the T but her Punjabi overdose is boring now.

This article doesn't have any direct quotes from her so I still think that it's a piquant compilation of her KWK responses.

If indeed she said this then it's probably the result of not being recognized in spite of the hits. Her hurt was evident when she mentioned that she is happy that a Bandra boy liked her (when Ranveer Singh showered her with praises) as she never thought a Bandra boy would like/love her. She is trying hard to get that recognition and this is her frustrated attempt. Finally, she is making the news. I'm unsure if its effectiveness in the industry though.

If she had 3 flops last year.. and despite working with YRF.. she had flops.. then i would have called it a frustrated attempt.. but the fact that she has a BBB behind her.. and a decent box office record with risky celebs.. like a new commer..like ranveer or even Shahid.. proves that she can deliver.. and she is still very new.. she is just 4 films old.. in BC she played a totally diff character than her other two movies.. and she is still setting her foot.. the point is she is still excelling at whatever she has done.. even though some actresses have attempted a lot of diff roles.. they have failed to prove their versatality.. just attempting doesn't prove their versatility.. i think the fact remains in  newbies Anushka is one of the strongest actresses.
Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Looks like the success has gone to her head..well it keeps her in the news. People are finally talking about her. Seems like she's got a new PR and believes is all publicity is good publicity..

She definitely is more talented than the Bhootnath trio but Anushka doesn't have Kareena's IT factor or her last name to get away with an attitude like Kareena did in her early years..The industry isn't very kind to people who are not well-connected.

Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
 what was her acting in Patalia House? I don't think she knows what she's talking about. She's an overdose of Punjabi characters and whats with YRF with only casting Punjabi's in their films. LOL. they are extremely lame for that. no offense. 

She was good in BBB, not great, but good. 
Edited by Theatre - 13 years ago