I fell in love with a monster... am I crazy?

deactivated1 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I watched today's episode just an hour ago and it got me emotional. Which bewildered me, because the last time that I almost cried while watching DSP was, well, back when he broke down over Nakusha's betrayal. That's a while back. So I started thinking. Oh, me and thinking is a bad combo. But as I started thinking about what had gotten me all cry-me-a-river, I realized that it was him once again. Him.

Dutta Sriram Patil. Who else? You thought that I meant Chaskar, didn't you? *pukes*

Moving on. It was the scene in which Dutta is being taken to Ranga that acted as a total tear-jerker moment for me. It was the way that he stopped, smirked, turned his head in the infamous DSP way, beat them all up, and didn't even pause to catch his breath. This scene brought back memories, old feelings, reminding me of why I fell in love with this beautiful killer.

I sound like I'm ready to be shipped off to the loony bin.

Because how can one love a beast, right? How can one embrace a monstrous being that has killed over and over again in cold blood, whose hands are soaked in red, and whose heart has been submerged in ice?

I don't have the answer. I don't know how I can love him. I just know that I do. Maybe it's this love that's gotten to my head and sent me on a Baabi Trip today. Crying sucks, by the way.

So I want to share some personal thoughts on Dutta with ya'll. But I bet that you're all so bored by my post already that I'm basically talking to... my computer screen. Okay, this does not make me feel any less crazy. A little support here, fellow fans.

Dutta. Dutta. Dutta. Where do I start?

The man that Dutta is slowly transforming into incites reverence within me. There is a power within Dutta that just cannot be matched by any man. This intensity, at times it seems to set his character ablaze. It is like beholding the most magical fire, knowing how dangerous it is – knowing that you will burn if you step too close. But it is such a sweet, tempting pain that you do the forbidden. You step too close.

Having seen his transformation from boy to beast to man has been an epic journey for me. There is something about Dutta that pulls at something in me. How else could I ever fall so hard for a cold-blooded killer (it's not like I'm the kind of person who writes love letters to Dexter on a daily basis) and even find myself attempting to justify his actions? It was upon seeing the human in him, seeing glimpses of his vulnerability that I realized just how beautifully complex this character was; that despite having made all the wrong choices, he carried the consequences and struggled to sustain the human in him.

He compels me to feel for him. I cannot help but love him. No matter what.

Today, I realized that even with the new transformation in Dutta, he is still very much the beast that Nakusha fell in love with. Not only was it his subtle animalistic head-turns that convinced me, but it was the expression in his eyes, the emotions in his voice – Dutta will always be the beast. And there will never be another woman who will be able to accept him or sacrifice for him. No other woman.

He is what he is. And isn't it the heart of this beast that we love? Despite his killing without a second thought, we know that in his heart every blood that is spilled by his hand is making him condemn himself.

He is the kind of suicidal man that presses a razor against the thin skin on his wrist, but never makes the final cut. Deep down, he isn't ready to die.

His road to redemption would indeed be the most beautiful and tough to watch. Perhaps every struggle in his life so far, every pain that he has suffered through, has been a step in washing away his sins?

More so, I believe that Nakusha is his redemption. Had she not come into his life, his soul would have succumbed to the darkness within him and he would have been long lost. For good.

Oh, how I love this man 😍 And I love his darkness. (Now you may ship me off to the loony binπŸ˜•)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ankita66 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
OMG I thought I was the only one , its crazy but i'm hopelessly in love with a fictional character . When the whole news of Mishal leaving I couldn't help but cry it was like a part of me was being taken away . God help us πŸ˜† my friends think I'm totally crazy and now any guy that approaches me I can't help but compare him to our Dutta , and I end up rejecting him because he doesn't meet  my duttas standards. 
neets_ltl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh Elysia lovely post! Yes some of the parts you were blabbering πŸ˜† but the latter half was just sheer 'yeps' coming from my mouth! I too sometimes wonder how I can admire such a man, who is a killer, but then I see that side of him that has always been there, as the lover, the husband, the son, the brother and friend. And all of those qualities of a killer seem to vanish from my thoughts. Strangely though, it is that animalsitic, beast like quality that attracted us too him. The killer inside him was a result of consequences with Seema initiating that change. But somewhere, that rage must have existed before don't you think for him to display such acts? Like you said, he's complex. The human mind is a strange one. Loved your bit about Naku being his redemption. This girl came with a lot of baggage herself and fell for a man who himself was drowning...she pulled him out before it was too late. Somehow, him saving her and vice versa just set the stage for this epic love story. I think he is the most brilliant character to grace our screens ever.
Edited by neets_ltl - 13 years ago
kiran255 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lovely Post ANa !

well u are not the one here who is fallen for this beast !
i am too here getting crazy every minute over a man 
who is killer but i dont know why i feel so justified in whatever he do !
its like i want to tell hi im with u !

i watched only the last 5 mins but it was enough for me to give me shiver in my spine !
the killer is back , the one who feared non !

You know i  think some time its like we all want to be Dutta 
he was not bad the situation a betrayal make him what he is !

and sometimes 
i think its us who wants to become cold blooded when things running out of ourt hand !
we want to stand and take control of everything !

Though ion how many books we read 
do right get right 
unfortunately that not the case always !

the power he shows off without showing off is something which make me fall in love 
i love Dutta im crazy abt him
and i want to be Dutta sound weired not the killing part 
but taking control whatever the situation !
a true lion !

LOve DUtta and want him badlyyyyy !
deactivated1 thumbnail
Reserved πŸ˜†

Main apne hi thread mein spot reserve kar rahi hoon πŸ˜†

I have to go to bed, but will comment on your responses first thing tomorrow, girlies πŸ˜ƒ Night <3
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
I love Dutta too, n I love him more than u , don't doubt it please , n not only Nakusa , I'm also the kind of strong woman who can ,not happily, but blissfully take Dutta any day . Honestly, my love for him is such that I never asked me the question ,why I love him, because this very question destroys the glamor of love n is therefore a forbidden question for true lovers...I'm of that type n Dutta is my man..
ChurailMukhi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
YES you are crazy! 😲
But hey so am i! πŸ˜†
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Haan...crazy crazy Elysia ko crazy kiya re
but tumne jo bhi kaha, sach kaha...nearly..
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
elysia  Its Dutta's inflallability that gives him a universal appeal , we empathize with him, we all have a Dutta hidden in us some where who may come out when we least him to come out... the difference is we are good at covering him up well by  the constraints life puts on us.....Overall a lovely post mate, a joy to read...cheers!
ivy_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Interesting post, Ana.

Yesterday's episode really shook me up. It was Dutta, Dutta and Dutta.... it left me gasping for breath but still i wanted more.

How is it possible to love a fictional character is beyond my rational reasoning ....but the truth is that I do.

I accept the beast in him and the blood on his hands as accept his integrity, generousity, power , resposibility, his love and commitment towards his woman.  If I truly love the Man,  then I must also love the beast in him because loving someone in parts is not love. 😳

I don't know if my rambling made any sense..

Edited by ivy_11 - 13 years ago