Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ansa786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Misti Di,

Enjoyed reading your comments .... The last scene was what I was waiting for ... mean your interpretation and write up. 😉

I liked Chenu today becuase he clearly showed today that he loves and cares for Radhika. His expressions and worried look was good in that scene. So other than Mansaram, she has Chenu by her side too. You have already picked up on that and I am just repeating in respect to what I liked about that scene.

Dev and Radhika's first interaction was good. In a boat going round in circles 😉, did not notice that but it was still good. Had a big smile on my face whilst watching both of them and listening to their talk. 😃

Expressions are what matters in acting and Rubina is very good in that field, infact, she has improved alot to make them perfect for the scene or to display her emotions ... she shows pure innocence of her character and you can connect to her, and that is why you wrote that poem because of her expressions the other day. In some respect, looks like she is outdoing Avinash also. 😉

Like many, I too want friendship first and later love. So, It would have been better if they had shown some interactions of Dev and Radhika first and then Dev realising that he is in love with her (instead of falling for her immediately) then sometime later, Radhika also realising that she is in love with Dev ... sure, they are rushing the story with the love confession of Dev to Radhika on Holi already.

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: radhika5

Thanks Misti for the analysis---
Liked the last part between Dev and Radhika----
Like the new make-up of Radhika--looks much better and Dev is back with his smile--(and the dialogues didn't matter after that)---
But I would love to se some good connection and flow between one scene to the next--transitions, I feel, is what is sometimes missing....

Welcome Radhika5.........transitions and smooth connectivity are sometimes missing.......infact it was missing for me today.......Chanda reached home when it was daylight and suddenly it is dark and quite late at night when Radhika is at the ghat........I found that  bit strange....the creatives let the audience reach their own conclusion that Radhika must have spent the entire day looking for Chanda ....I found it a bit abrupt there.

misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zorinatm

thanks, was beautiful the scene with Dev and Radhika

You are welcome zorinatm.
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: misti73

Welcome Radhika5.........transitions and smooth connectivity are sometimes missing.......infact it was missing for me today.......Chanda reached home when it was daylight and suddenly it is dark and quite late at night when Radhika is at the ghat........I found that  bit strange....the creatives let the audience reach their own conclusion that Radhika must have spent the entire day looking for Chanda ....I found it a bit abrupt there.

The problem is that creatives are trying to rush this milan and Dev falling for Radhika to justify the holi scene.  That's why that precap tomorrow.  Probably Rohan will convince Dev to invite Radhika to come for Holi at PB.  It is way too fast.  I don't understand why the channel has to rush the story to incorporate holi scenes.  Either postpone the Holi in the serial and make it come when it is appropriate for the story or show them imagining each other during Holi festival.  Why there is a need to show them celebrating it together.  This is the reason for abrupt scenes. 

It is just like when they decided to finish the Abhay track.  Suddenly the piece of paper that Abhay signed was torn by Radhika and everything was hunky dory.  In one scene, Dev was adamant about marrying Kanika and was being extremely rude to his family.  In the next scene, he was marrying Radhika as if he always intended to do so and then went onto celebrate his SR without any apology to anybody.  The audience had to draw the conclusion that he apologized profusely to his family and they forgave him instantly.
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: why3

Chunnu munnu should realize that characters of Dev and Radhika have immense chemistry and so do actors portraying them.  So there is no rush to go towards love as all know that it is in their destiny to fall in love.  So they should leave it to attraction on Dev's side and let him discover his feelings gradually.  Radhika's has to be attraction and confusion where she is wondering if Bumbum is her real bumbumbhole.  

Now Bumbum was waiting for his DG based on his reactions from last week.  He would look pleased as a punch whenever someone mentioned him getting a life partner.  So he is ready to fall in love.  The attraction part was also logical today because Radhika was looking very innocent and beautiful.  I thought Rubina's makeup was excellent today as she totally looked like a college girl.  

However, I was not impressed with tomorrow's precap of Dev confiding in Rohan about him falling in love.  Dev of CB1 could tell that to his Daadi because of their closeness and his pamperedness by the family.  Here I could understand him telling a brother-cum-friend.  But not only the feelings are rushed, it is not fitting Dev's character.  He is a loner in that family and hence would keep these feelings to himself.  I just don't get this rush.  I would rather see a slow relationship which can be easily shown as Radhika would be going to Mathura every day. So the rush is only to have those Friday's cliffhangers which are not cliffhangers any more as most of the audience know all the tricks.  Instead of looking at repetitious scenes where each ceremony of Rohan and Radhika is obstructed by Kanha and happens with Dev only, I would rather see a more natural relationship that starts with friendship and attraction and slowly develops into deep love.

I think most people on this forum are against this rush......because that will clash with both the protagonists characters. As you have said that both have brilliant chemistry with each other.....so that should be made use of and what will be better than the slow build up in attraction.....confusion on part of Radhika.......her questions....fighting with herself...that will give Rubina a very good oppurtunity for acting. Todays Dev and Radhika reminded me of the characters enacted by Amol Parlekar and Zareena Wahab in Chitchor........the eagerness in Amol Parlekars character was there in Dev today.......the only difference was that character was innocent and a bit ernest but Dev was mischievious.  

...........I mean Bumbum flirting with Phuljhari and Chenus protective brotherly instincts coming out and he making comments which might irritate Bumbum. Phuljhari looking for Chanda is ok.......thats what she is.

That would be the comedy part and the actor playing Chenu is good and has good chemistry with Radhika.  It would be nice to see him trying to threaten Bumbum and Bumbum flexing his muscles and treating him like a pest with phuljhari playing a mediator.

This was one of my dream scenes with Chachunder but I won't mind Chenu doing that here.....and it will provide the comedy.....almost like Radhika stuc in between Imarti (Chenu) and Dev.😉

Her action was appropriate.  I liked her not taking Bumbum's hand which he was hoping that she would do.  Even though it was a copy of her scene with Dev in CB1,  it was still proper from her POV.  Even if he is "Hatha Katha Chand munda" (your phrase), she would not give her hand just like that.  Also liked her wariness in face of somebody who is trying to flirt with her so openly.

I do like her headmistress looks........
😃😆

Yeah, that part was really irritating.  At least let him question Dadaji's distress.  They can always show Amma telling him that probably Dadaji is feeling discomfort.  But to show Dev being so clueless about somebody's expressions is idiotic.  The problem is that these creatives never have a framework of a story for next several months that can be modified as the audience react to that.  So they write everyone's expressions based on that day's episode.

Yes........I found this strange that he could read Radhikas fear but could not read dadajis distress........infact he was left saying oh there is something stuck in his throat.......I don't know why they are keeping amma mum.........

Bumbum has to get used to not only Kanha as a third wheel in their relationship but also has to get used to her lectures and headmistress looks.  On top of that, he would be making it up to her every other day as she is more like Imarti and would get continuously angry with him.

Kanha as the thrird wheel........🤣....poor Bumbum... 

On a whole I liked the episode and liked the first meeting.  But again the creatives need to slow down and let develop a relationship that is not only based on attraction, friendship but also on mutual need.  They did not do so in CB1, but here they can show that Bumbum and Phuljhari found common grounds because both are orphans.  So they become one another's confidant. 

Yes.....the mutual need can be expoited here because both are in a sense loners.....although phuljhari might be a bit open here but both are out of place in their respective families.

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 One thing i can not understand when most of the viewers do not want Creatives to rush the Dev proposal so soon Within four days  then do not they also find it odd to  rush this track or its the channel,s doing.....In TV,s world they celeberate the festivals at their own convenience then if were so much infatuation with Holi ,  then would have celebrated after some time....Why Dev is in hurry to propose in four days......man they should move with steady pace ,nobody is going anywhere....Misti Angie ,love to read your counter comments......Most of the viewers feel the same which you express in words very well.....
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ansa786

Misti Di,

Enjoyed reading your comments .... The last scene was what I was waiting for ... mean your interpretation and write up. 😉

You are welcome Kiddo........the last scene was perfect for passing comments.😉😆

I liked Chenu today becuase he clearly showed today that he loves and cares for Radhika. His expressions and worried look was good in that scene. So other than Mansaram, she has Chenu by her side too. You have already picked up on that and I am just repeating in respect to what I liked about that scene.

I was waiting to see whether Chenu can ever forget about money.......and today he showed that he can.

Dev and Radhika's first interaction was good. In a boat going round in circles 😉, did not notice that but it was still good. Had a big smile on my face whilst watching both of them and listening to their talk. 😃

Well the tip of the boat looked as if it is going to go in a circle.....and that amused me.....well I have had an amusing experience regarding boat going in circles so that even made the scene even more funnier to me........some of us went to Oxford for the day and we decided to go punting in Thames. Now the Thames in Oxford is narrow........I mean its not a large river so boating or punting is usually not a problem........we rented three boats and left.......we were taking turns boating....well no one allowed me to touch the oar because they were not too sure what I will do with it.........so the boat that I was on was ok, two of our boats left at the same time and after some time we realised that the third one was not with us.....so we went back and found the third boat going in circles ....its been going in circles for half an hour .....😆  

Expressions are what matters in acting and Rubina is very good in that field, infact, she has improved alot to make them perfect for the scene or to display her emotions ... she shows pure innocence of her character and you can connect to her, and that is why you wrote that poem because of her expressions the other day. In some respect, looks like she is outdoing Avinash also. 😉

Kiddo for some reasons I could always connect with Rubina and thats the reason most of my poems are on Radhika and not on anyone else...She was very good today.

Like many, I too want friendship first and later love. So, It would have been better if they had shown some interactions of Dev and Radhika first and then Dev realising that he is in love with her (instead of falling for her immediately) then sometime later, Radhika also realising that she is in love with Dev ... sure, they are rushing the story with the love confession of Dev to Radhika on Holi already.

I am really praying that the entire thing is Devs dream.........
😕

Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
v3gradev09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Hahaaa Misti loved this post!!! ;]
Ansa786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Misti Di - 😆 that was a funny experience. No wonder, the boat scene today made you remember that and you were quick to realise the boat going in circles too. Some of my cousins from London are over for couple of days and I like to be in their company becuase they make me laugh and I like people who make me laugh. 😃😳 .. But at the moment I am busy working on my project so not much time for that.
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: misti73

I think most people on this forum are against this rush......because that will clash with both the protagonists characters. As you have said that both have brilliant chemistry with each other.....so that should be made use of and what will be better than the slow build up in attraction.....confusion on part of Radhika.......her questions....fighting with herself...that will give Rubina a very good oppurtunity for acting. Todays Dev and Radhika reminded me of the characters enacted by Amol Parlekar and Zareena Wahab in Chitchor........the eagerness in Amol Parlekars character was there in Dev today.......the only difference was that character was innocent and a bit ernest but Dev was mischievious.   

I haven't seen the movie but I know the basic story.  Also I have seen Amol Palekar and Zareena Wahab's other movies which were excellent.  I know that early Rajsri stories were simple with middle class values.  So I can picture Amol Palekar's expressions.  I really wish they would go that way with Radhika gradually falling for Dev and vice versa.  Don't want a repeat of CB1 with having an engagement with someone else in mistake and then real marriage with Dev and so on.  If they intend to make CB2 different from CB1, don't show any of the storylines from the last time and instead make it a fresh story of two people who meet in one city and are pulled towards each other.  

Also so far I am liking the emphasis on education.  Hope they continue with that.  Rarely they ever show any of their leads continuing with education.  Here Radhika and her father are always talking about Radhika pursuing her higher degree as dream coming true.  So even if they show marriage for Radhika in few months with Dev, let her continue to go to college for studies.  Don't make her a regular dutiful DIL who just cooks food and serves everyone.  Her interaction with Dadaji and others can be in the evening or during daytime too as college hours are not that long for students of liberal arts.

Also the article put Radhika's age at 10 at the time of her marriage.  So that makes her 22 at this stage.  So this implies that Radhika finished her undergraduate at Gurukul (maybe in music, Sanskrit and couple of other subjects) and is now in Masters.  So show that part and also show her friends like Barkha and others she make at college.

Yes........I found this strange that he could read Radhikas fear but could not read dadajis distress........infact he was left saying oh there is something stuck in his throat.......I don't know why they are keeping amma mum.........

They can at least show Dev sensing Dadaji's distress and questioning Amma about it.  Amma could be shown questioning it in his mind but reassuring Dev.  Later on when Radhika catches on to Maheswari, they could show Amma getting convinced little easily and a gradual acceptance by Dev.  But I am sure they would be going for the big melodrama where Dev wouldn't believe Radhika at all.

If they slow down the romance, they can show other interactions.  For example, they showed two interactions of Dev with Rohan and Viraath.  But then they kept Rohan a suspense.  Same is with Rohan's sister Rashmi.  Now Dev and Viraath's relationship is quite clear to the audience and they are showing that.  But they are not showing Viraath's interaction with adult Rohan.  I think they are concerned about this track of proposal and mistaken engagement.  They are not clear about Rohan as how they want to keep him.  So that's why no scenes between him and Viraath.  They showed that Viraath is jealous of Rohan but are keeping Rohan's views secret.  Rather than having a clear picture of all characters, they keep them secret so that they can mold them as they start new tracks.  That's why so many characterizations get ping-ponged.

Yes.....the mutual need can be expoited here because both are in a sense loners.....although phuljhari might be a bit open here but both are out of place in their respective families.

I really hope that they show Dev and Radhika having a proper conversation at some point where they talk about being outsiders in their own families.  Don't them having no sense of wistfulness in missing on family or having somebody to lean on for comfort.  Radhika has her father but still she has to miss a mother's love and similarly with Dev he has to wish for his parents.  Being good does not imply that  one doen't question one's fate or yearn for things that one never got.