Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

t_areeb thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Agree
men do behave diffrently, i remember when my husband reacted 'strangely', which i understood later on that every person has different way of showing his/her concern
drashtiforever thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

i agree  he looks so helpless in greif,

n today drashti did really excellent acting ......she is a natural actress,
n gurmeets expressions were  out standing,........
Originally posted by: Bul3

ya..very true..and this difference of expresion of pain was shown beautifully by CVs and DD-GC!..brought tears in my eyes!..extremely emotional episode!

i second u....
aalpana thumbnail
Nice post n well described also.Yes men n women do differ in their expression of emotions.And today the way Maan try to control his grief,then hide n then console Geet was another way of showing his hurt n love for his wife.The way he walked out and cried and cried hugging his grandmother was very touchy.And Geet too was in deep sorrow.......but in the last I feel Maan has decided to overcome this grief and he decided that he will not allow Geet to suffer more for this.
It was a very well executed episode showing the grief n pain of a young couple who lost their unborn baby.
As we all know Geet being the would be mother will definitely be very hurt but at least she cried and bursted out her pain but Maan being a man couldnt do that so openly but still he did a fab job in controlling himself and trying to console Geet in his arms as she needed his love n assurance most at that time.In short again a very touchy episode.
aalpana thumbnail
Originally posted by: anuandavi

Nice to read it. It is very true. Men never let out their pain or rather are sometimes even fear facing it. This post made me remember the dialogue that Abhishek Bachan said in Hum Tum "We men are strong in muscles but these ladies are strong hearted"

Women power is always stronger than men by heart but even then each species has their own way of expressing their emotions.And more importantly women/gals are more matured in brain than men always.Well exceptions are always there.But a little worldly experience make a woman more matured n stronger than man.
eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: mysterygurl1427

thank u for bringing this up.....because many will wonder why GC did not express as DD did.....but this post will make them realize this is how men react...

did u see the way he looked when she said bring my  baby back? I was stunned....he looked scared....hurt....pained......helpless thinkin how can he bring the baby back.....even when he left the room and sat on his own....that was what echoed in his head.....how can he bring the baby back?

He is a millionaire anything Geet asks he can get at her feet......but he can't get the baby back.......

Gurti were just brilliant today.....i bow to them!

thanks for a lovely post....i am soooo takin the link to this post and puttin it the idiots thread i hope u don't mind.

heartwrenching to say the least....and sometimes in emotional scenes u just forget they are actors or this is a show...the mark of a good creative time!!

And you are welcome...a pleasure!!😊
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: ninand

yes... today Maan's poignant grief at what they lost, and seeing Geet broken.. for that moment he did loose control.. had to run... his expressions today were completely unguarded .. 

and yes the characteristic differences between a man and woman were highlighted today..
Geet will take all the time it requires to heal, wil not suppress the pain, but feel it in its entirety.. it may takes days/weeks/months to come to terms with her loss(her child was, I believe her rebirth... the Geet that she is today)...

So yes, she will live the course of the pain till its acceptance... Men or Maan , will immediately be on guard, and try to suppress it while feigning normalcy...

Isnt that the precise reason why geet could laugh , banter, be happy even after everything she went through initially... and Maan could only show the attic with jumbled pieces representing things that hurt him, things he didnt discard.. and bitterness seeped through his facade of control..

the actors did a great job today.. hope they tackle this grief thing maturely/uniquely... 

ninu..so glad to see u n ur response...and as usual ..bang on!! Yes, women live their pain...and that is how they manage it...they talk about it...think about it...live it every minute of every hour, cry over it..share it...
and men...just wont look it in the eye...pretending if u dont think about it...it will go away!!
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: Azmatazz

I agree....

you don't see men break down that easily but thats not the fact... They do break down but only try to seal all the pain within themselves... and not show it....

you may not even realize when they would be crying real bad internally.... !!!

This was indeed beautifully portrayed by the team!!!

Indeed...mean are creatures of pride..and women of emotions....call it pride or reserve or their awareness about the universal belief that they are the stronger species therefore, weakness is a taboo or a shameful thing....wish that were not the case...afterall men who can cry and laugh are the strongest in history!!
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: hamavand

Eveline, I am glad u wrote this....I too wanted to share these feelings with someone...I know what u mean and what Gurti are going through cause I too have gone through a similar experience...even my hubby just could not express his grief but in a million small ways tried to make me forget the loss....as for Geet's feelings I can well understand the pain she must be feeling... a mother gets attached to the baby from the moment she realises she is pregnant.....losing it at any time during ur pregnancy is like losing a part of urself.....I too took a long time to get over it......but by God's grace within a year I was blessed with a lovely baby girl....even then when i see or hear the word MC it brings back the sad moments again.....thats probably why I cried a lot as i watched Saturday and today's episode......

yes...eventually we move on in life...the pain not so fresh...but always a scar in our memory books...forever a page that feels torn...but happy to hear about ur princess...bless ur little angel!!
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: anuandavi

Nice to read it. It is very true. Men never let out their pain or rather are sometimes even fear facing it. This post made me remember the dialogue that Abhishek Bachan said in Hum Tum "We men are strong in muscles but these ladies are strong hearted"

yup...while i was writing this....that scene at the airport struck a chord...it flashed before my eyes...how true!!