Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

droopy_asleep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
OK, just caught up with the episode with a later lunch and some interesting ideas cropped up in my head, vis a vis Kala:
Kala is a master at mind games. She is capable of killing 2 birds with one stone. Here is what I feel is going to happen: Kala kidnaps Naku and hides her away from PN - nobody knows where she is - even PN-clan and obviously Dutta.
Here she sends Dutta the package and he knows how his family is being treated. So Dutta is in a dilemma, who does he save first? Naku or his family? If he goes for Naku, Kala can use that to turn the family against him, saying see - he didnt come for you. If he goes to his family, she can use that to drive a wedge between Tasha, that see inspite of all that you did Naku, he went to his family first. The conflict in Dutta's mind would be an awesome watch.

On another note, The Tasha scene today was something that was beyond description for me. There were no overtly sexual tones, yes, it was a very intimate scene, but it was executed and enacted so brilliantly, that I have to applaud the director - MR and MV for having that understanding and performing soooo naturally.  In that scene, I felt, MV was better than MR - in just expressing how grateful she is for him accepting her, she was soooo "Naku" there that you just want to go and hug her. Wonderful chemistry!!!
Edited by droopy_asleep - 13 years ago
neets_ltl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh wow Harshita, loved your little speculation about Kala's mind games and Dutta's conflict! So much is possible with Kala, she has so mnay tricks up her sleeve, there in lies the mystery- what is she going to do with Naku?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more I think about Dutta's words to Naku about, 'tere zakhm' the more I think he is perhaps without knowing, just by speaking and doing so much, healing Naku with love as well. He is her balm and vice versa. And somewhere within him, I think he has been making an effort to connect with her, try to erase any pain he may have caused her because his constant praising and talking about love, seem to indicate his desire to announce to everyone that SHE changed him.
droopy_asleep thumbnail
Originally posted by: neets_ltl

The more I think about Dutta's words to Naku about, 'tere zakhm' the more I think he is perhaps without knowing, just by speaking and doing so much, healing Naku with love as well. He is her balm and vice versa. And somewhere within him, I think he has been making an effort to connect with her, try to erase any pain he may have caused her because his constant praising and talking about love, seem to indicate his desire to announce to everyone that SHE changed him.

Yes, I agree with this and another theory kind of cropped up here. Dutta has mellowed down so much as a human, that in spite of him saying earlier that he wont forgive Kala, at some level, I think he will. He is not God as he himself points out, we are human and however evil Kala is, at some level, she is human too, yearning for that undivided attention from her mother, who she feels has transferred all her affection to Dutta. So really, its AS' disapproval that is hurting Kala more than Dutta himself, and that I think is going to be her biggest defeat. If Dutta forgives her, and she stays under the same roof, seeing again, day in and day out how much adoration Dutta gets, its like losing a battle everyday is it not? I have a feeling, the story is headed that way, because I dont see them losing a great actress like AG and a marvelous vamp as Kala.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: droopy_asleep

OK, just caught up with the episode with a later lunch and some interesting ideas cropped up in my head, vis a vis Kala:
Kala is a master at mind games. She is capable of killing 2 birds with one stone. Here is what I feel is going to happen: Kala kidnaps Naku and hides her away from PN - nobody knows where she is - even PN-clan and obviously Dutta.
Here she sends Dutta the package and he knows how his family is being treated. So Dutta is in a dilemma, who does he save first? Naku or his family? If he goes for Naku, Kala can use that to turn the family against him, saying see - he didnt come for you. If he goes to his family, she can use that to drive a wedge between Tasha, that see inspite of all that you did Naku, he went to his family first. The conflict in Dutta's mind would be an awesome watch.

On another note, The Tasha scene today was something that was beyond description for me. There were no overtly sexual tones, yes, it was a very intimate scene, but it was executed and enacted so brilliantly, that I have to applaud the director - MR and MV for having that understanding and performing soooo naturally.  In that scene, I felt, MV was better than MR - in just expressing how grateful she is for him accepting her, she was soooo "Naku" there that you just want to go and hug her. Wonderful chemistry!!!

@bold: Oooh interesting theory......would deffo fit in with Kala's mindgames๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†....and could set the base for the future track too.

Regarding the DN scene, I have to disagree.....I thought MR owned that scene....MV was good....but I again found her to be a bit off in some bits....maybe it's just me but her dialogues left me underwhelmed in some bits.....especially her "itna pyar karoge toh mar jaaungi" line....could have been delivered better I felt.....she was better in the other bits when she's talking about what she was and how grateful she just is for having him in her life and all the love he's given her......Dutta's remorse, his thoughtfulness....just the way he was talking to her......the bit when he reminisced about pushing her and her getting hurt on the forehead....the way he touches her forehead.....or the lines about 'bewakoof hai tera saab'....."bahut der laga di".....those were the bits I liked more.

Other than that, yep the chemistry was spot on for the scene.....the comfort level in their body language that's always there.

And I loved the ending PN scene......Kala alternately softening and then again growing belligerent and throwing tantrums wanting AS to side with her๐Ÿ˜†.....and her overconfidence about winning the battle is quite amusing....especially her smugness about "bechara" andha Dutta.....wonder what her reaction will be to knowing he has his eyes back๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Harshita, great prediction on Kala's 'two birds, one stone'...nice! Let's see if they go that way...would definitely be a wrinkle to add to the possible 'triangle' that Kala is planning for the future. I don't think Nakku would ever fall in doubt about or question Dutta's priorities though...so if it happens, I see the family maybe falling for it...but then them too, they've been so long in the storeroom already and they know that Dutta and Nakku being together and safe is a higher priority for everyone...would they really begrudge him if he went to get Nakku first? The sisters I can buy...maybe even AS if Kala pushes the right buttons and says the right things...but Kishore and Baaji would never fall for it. With the right execution though, maybe this'll be it! 

I'm not on the Kala-forgiveness boat though...Dutta has indeed changed, and I do think he will forgive her too...and like he himself said today, the fire of revenge can only be extinguished through complete forgiveness, so somehow he will have to forgive and 'let go' when it comes to her...but if she went scot free and they all (especially Dutta/AS/Baaji) agreed to continue living with her in PN...that is not acceptable to me...something of a 'game-changing' nature will have to happen for me to stomach that. So I'm okay with Kala living elsewhere and scheming, maybe once again from the shadows, in league with some other villain...but the forgiveness can't be to the extent that all her past deeds are forgotten and erased...she's crossed the line for that to happen, and with LTL's flair for smacking 'evil' resoundingly in the face, I do think they will give Kala a tragic and 'deserving' end...
AreYaar thumbnail
Oh wait....I also don't believe NAKKU could ever doubt Dutta for saving the family first by chance....but in the reverse scenario, I can DEFFO see the family being swayed by Kala's mindgames if D goes to save Nakku first....I agree with Fatty there.

And also yes that no matter what the outcome.....even if D does end up forgiving Kala, she can't stay in PN anymore.....that ship has sailed.....she could move to another location and partner up with new characters to scheme against Dutta but the PN scope is gone now.....I don't see that working out after the battle.....This show does need Kala to spice it up.....so I'm sure they'd want to keep her character around but they have to figure out a space outside of PN for that if they do.

For some reason, I don't see Kala dying at this point....dunno why.....but I see her hanging around for a bit......they are showing all these things like her learning the paintre-baazi of the business and stuff too.....they'll apply it somewhere in the storyline I'm sure.
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: nureat01

Regarding the DN scene, I have to disagree.....I thought MR owned that scene....MV was good....but I again found her to be a bit off in some bits....maybe it's just me but her dialogues left me underwhelmed in some bits.....especially her "itna pyar karoge toh mar jaaungi" line....could have been delivered better I felt.....she was better in the other bits when she's talking about what she was and how grateful she just is for having him in her life and all the love he's given her......Dutta's remorse, his thoughtfulness....just the way he was talking to her......the bit when he reminisced about pushing her and her getting hurt on the forehead....the way he touches her forehead.....or the lines about 'bewakoof hai tera saab'....."bahut der laga di".....those were the bits I liked more.

Aw, you didn't feel MV was all there?  I thought the scene was just perfect in terms of the quiet and sensitive approach they both took to it...neither one was better than the other for me, they both seemed to play sooooo well off of each other! As a matter of fact, I think this was MV's best after that 'wiping the face' scene at the pond...she finally had some good dialogues and seemed awake too rather than squinty ๐Ÿ˜† 

I got the same feeling after a long time today too...that MR/MV shot the scene at a stretch and were totally 'in the moment'...
droopy_asleep thumbnail
@Anu: Yes, MR always elevates any scene no doubt, just that Naku's innocence stood out to me today...maybe as you say because of MR's body language towards her.
@Fatty: Yeah, Kala's next tricks are doubtful, which is why, maybe him going to save the family first will be acceptable to Naku...
What escaped me is what Seema is going to do in all this mess? ๐Ÿ˜•
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL yeah Fatty.....I didn't....dunno....I was expecting more maybe.....reading such rave reviews about it and all since morning.....but I didn't really feel that dialogue when she said it....deffo didn't feel in the league of the scene when she wiped his face....there was just something ethereal about that one.

On the other hand, MR/Dutta was the one that made me feel this scene totally. Nakku did get good lines....but I dunno I couldn't connect much in that bit.....but like I like I said, overall I liked her better in the latter half and their body language deffo had that comfort together......the bit when she's bathing him and he turns in b/w kinda looking at her with a soft smile....that was nice.
droopy_asleep thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

For some reason, I don't see Kala dying at this point....dunno why.....but I see her hanging around for a bit......they are showing all these things like her learning the paintre-baazi of the business and stuff too.....they'll apply it somewhere in the storyline I'm sure.

Yah, have to agree, I dont see her going away anywhere for the time being