Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil

I like someone: Harshad *NOTE PG 5*

khajju thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

I like someone and want to end up with her : Harshad Chopda

Harshad Chopda

He started his career with a negative character in Mamta and then moved on to play the timid Ali in Left Right Left, a show which gave Harshad Chopda's career a shot in the arm. Akshat in Amber Dhara happened soon after, however, things did not look too bright for this young man from Gondia and he had to pull out of the show. Balaji Telefilms spotted his talent and he rose as Prem in Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil, a show he owes his popularity to; that gave the audiences the evergreen couple of Heer and Prem.

Harshad now plays the enigmatic Anurag in Tere Liye, a show which has been loved by the audiences for his role and his jodi with 'Taani' but the news of the show's abrupt end has disappointed his fans a lot. In an exclusive tte--tte with TellyChakkar the actor shares his disappointment and his views on life:

Your thoughts on Tere Liye ending?
It's a very incomplete feeling. I feel I have put a lot of hard work, a lot of me into something which has not completed its journey. I feel the show has not got its due. It's a sad, sinking feeling but at the end of the day you have to take it in your stride. Take life as it comes. I am looking forward to something positive now.

Do you think the sequel to Tere Liye is a possibility?
I don't know. I have never thought about it. People have asked me about Kis Desh Mein Hain Mera Dil sequel too. This journey is so incomplete, but if someone offers me the sequel I will do it because there is that incomplete feeling.

Tell us a little about your background and your growing up days.
As a kid I was like furniture and I did not exist. I did not live, just existed. As a kid I have only done things that I've liked. I remember after my Class 8 I took up shot put and discus throw. I used to be very excited, get up at 4 am for the practice sessions. Then I was a NCC member. I used to do things that could make me live otherwise I was a lazy kid. I remember I used to keep awake in my history classes in Class 9 only because the teacher was very strict and I used to be scared that she would catch hold of me. I loved math, physics and chemistry. These were my subjects.

How would you describe yourself?
I like learning. I try to perfect myself but I can't say am a perfectionist. I am a dreamer but I am not a planner.

Today when TV has become so monotonous, don't you get frustrated with similar characters and scenes?
Luckily, I haven't played the same kind of characters but yes there have been times in the show that I must have done a same scene five times. It is frustrating definitely because then you start questioning yourself and the work. If something doesn't excite you, then there is no point doing it. I lose my focus then.

Are you a method actor or you believe in spontaneity?
I am spontaneous. I like preparing for the character, not for the scene. I like to make a few changes in the scene. I like to give a scene an ending, a high point which is usually not there.

You come from a conservative background; do you feel awkward while doing intimate scenes?
It's funny actually! When I am doing the scene, there is nothing on my mind, I am completely into the scene, I don't even think ki mummyjee, papajee kya bolenge or how I will face my sister. When I enter my house and I know the scene will be aired, it gets awkward then. The worst is when you have to sit and watch the scenes with them. There is this silence and everyone keeps looking here and there, like they aren't watching it (laughs).

There is this rumour about your secret girlfriend, so tell us about her?
I can only say I genuinely like someone and want to end up with her. I am taking my time because I want to be ready for the responsibility and don't want to enter into a relationship till I am completely ready. I want it to last because I am very serious about it and so am taking my time.

You are Ekta Kapoor's blue-eyed boy; don't you think it's a handicap for you sometimes being stuck with the same production house?
I am not stuck or under any contract to stick with Balaji. When I take up a show it's only then that I am under a contract and I like it that way because I like to do one show at a time. I get too involved and take a lot of time. I like doing one project at a time.

Any insecurity as an actor?
(Laughs) In fact, acting is the most insecure profession. Your life is filled with insecurities, no room for planning. You never know what's coming your way, you never know if your future is bright or in the dark! You can just put in your hard work and move in blindly towards it. The worst part is you have an aim which is like the horizon and when you reach there, you find the horizon still there, it never moves. So at times you feel you haven't moved, you are where you are.

A lot of actors are getting into businesses as a part-time occupation. Any such plans for you?
Like I said earlier, I do things which I like and excite me and till date I haven't figured out anything else apart from acting that makes me feel this way. As of now, nothing. I can't even put all the money back into funds and fixed deposits because I don't understand any of it.

You seem to stay away from the media and your fans quite a lot. Is it a conscious decision?
I was never like this with the media earlier but it's my life and the experiences that have made me like this. I need to believe and trust people. I always talk to them once at least. Generally, they don't write what I say and if they do then I talk to them again. If they don't write what I say then I don't want to talk to them because I don't trust them. This is the only thing with the media. The problem is that people want to know everything about me except my work and I like to be known for my work.

But it is the part and parcel of an actor's life?
I am completely fine with that. I cannot go telling about what's wrong and right. Agar hai toh people will know, sometimes I say these things because I feel I do owe them something. It's not I haven't been open about it. I have celebrated my birthday on national television with my family and sister. But I am very protective about my family.

TV today has a lot of new actors, is it a competition for seasoned actors like you?
It's always a competition, whether or not you've been there for a long time or not. Competition is tough for everyone because you are as good as your last show. You are back to square one and you are standing where newcomers are but the only difference is that maybe people know you and have seen your work, but then again they come cheaper. Competition is a tough for everyone.

We haven't seen you in a reality show'
I have to like to be a part of it, it's not I am not keen on it. I would like to do something adventurous but the problem is I am a vegetarian. I am fine with anything crawling on me but this is the only thing that holds me back from any kind of reality. I like watching Roadies, they have some good adventure.

What do awards mean to you?
Awards mean a lot to me. I feel bad when I don't win them. However when I lose, I console myself and say this is not the end and I have to work harder. I was so deprived of my Best Actor award that finally when I won it at Telly awards there was this weird feeling when I was holding it. I wasn't too happy but I thought why it took so much time to come to me. There were mixed emotions, I was happy, nervous. I think I have started believing in the fact that when I don't prepare my speeches, I end up winning. I feel that I got everything really late in life and maybe I deserved it during Kis Desh but I didn't get it then. Then Tere Liye happened and that's when I bagged the award and I felt I got my due and won it for this show.

What is your dream in life?
If only I could describe what it is. There is this entity that I am following. I don't know whether I will ever reach there, whether it is the sky or beyond, the moon or beyond. I think it's just to take a step ahead.

What next after Tere Liye?
I will take a proper two-month break and enjoy. I plan to join dance classes and it's been my dream to buy a bike for myself. I am just a bit confused about that one

Edited by nandini27 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MeraCheekuVirat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wishin him luck for his future..!! n cum bck wid a bang!!!
sweta2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
wishin him luck for his future..!! n cum bck wid a bang!!!
AMMI6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks you soo much for posting
Harshad chopda love you and God bless you and All the best for future plans.
Edited by AMMI6 - 13 years ago
Daffodilee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks kahijju sorry i didnt noticed your post and posted again i will ask mods to close my thread.

lovely interview by harshu really his answers was so honest and intense omg waiting for his comeback 2months is along time so comeback soon harshad we always supports you
Goldstar7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

T4S. HC is very honest and down to earth person. hope he  comes soon in good show which will take him to new heights , surpassing the previous ones.He deserve every bit of his success.

uswah thumbnail
Thnx for shring Kajju
His interview is really good and he talk more opely now i wish he get all d sucess which he deserve d most God Bless u Harshuu
april10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
God Bless Him.

Sucha down to earth person.  He is so genuine
khajju thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: anuu2010

thanks kahijju sorry i didnt noticed your post and posted again i will ask mods to close my thread.

lovely interview by harshu really his answers was so honest and intense omg waiting for his comeback 2months is along time so comeback soon harshad we always supports you

no worries dear i also does the same thing smetime😊. Edited by khajju - 13 years ago
Daffodilee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: khajju

no worries dear i also does the same thing smetime😊.

okay 😉