FilmFARCE Awards: The truth behind awards shows - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
Nice article..but I disagree with the writer when he said Anuska can't share an award with Vidya because..Vidya is a powerhouse performer...To me Anu is a powerhouse performer and am happy she shared the award with Vidya at the aspara awards...I would have given to Anuska and not Vidya!
Bebo, I dont think you're too fond of Vidya.. ðŸ˜†
lol eraser She is a good actress but...I just think she is overrated! I like Anuska better than Vidya. Because I feel she is the one who is a powerhouse performer. Vidya bores me, and she never blows me away with her performances!  I wanted Anu to win best actress last year, but they gave it to Vidya! I guess am still not over that..Considering I had to painfully watch Ishqia just to see what was so great about her performance..and I was disappointed with her!  😆 It was such a wast of my time!
Edited by beboholic - 13 years ago
i think vidya overdoes her "im a serious actor" vibe and her "indian woman" appeal....i dunno, she just comes across as someone whos trying too hard to be like the yesteryear actrsses...all graceful and poised and subtle and elegant and indian...it looks really forced most of the times....to me atleast...a tad jarring and laboured....shes good, but i dunt think shes all that..
Nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....😆

I have seen Ishqiya twice, thats how much I loved it. I love Vidya and how subtle she is in her acting. Off-screen, meh I'm not a big fan of hers.
i agree ishqiya was good...but i think the reason i liked her in the movie so much was because the character was so interesting...

in her other movies like Paa, parineeta and even NOKJ ...she sometimes overdoes the "look im trying to be subtle and elegant and indian" act...she lacks spunk and verve onscreen acc to me...
Havent seen Paa, and didnt like her in NOKJ. Loved her in Parineeta though, I mean she was so expressive in ever scene. She was brilliant in Ishqiya but I will give equal credit to Arshad and Naseeruddin Shah. I really enjoyed their performances. 
 I think kareena's performance in Chameli was much better than what Vidya did in Ishqia! I find both characters are the same..they had different shades to their roles!
Edited by beboholic - 13 years ago

yeh..apart from ishqiya, she never really blew me away...like i said, she dosent seem like a natural to me onscreen....i find anuska more vivacious and expressive, although shes not blessed with as expressive a face as vidya....

Originally posted by smartie_pants

i agree ishqiya was good...but i think the reason i liked her in the movie so much was because the character was so interesting...

in her other movies like Paa, parineeta and even NOKJ ...she sometimes overdoes the "look im trying to be subtle and elegant and indian" act...she lacks spunk and verve onscreen acc to me...

Agree with bold neelu. I think that's why I don't enjoy much of her peformance...she always bores me because of what u said in bold!