Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
But who cares..at least she is a good actress and doesn't make us cringe everytime she comes on screen lol

I do find her natural performer though! That's one thing I like about her.
Edited by beboholic - 13 years ago
plus, i dunt think vidya displayed much versatality in light hearted, comic roles or urban/bubbly roles...i agree everyone has their niche, but i like actresses who can do everything convincingly, more than actresses who do very well, but only in certain roles....
but nevertheless, as long as she chooses roles which suit her and does well in them, she should do fairly well in the industry.  

Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
Kareena cannot be compared with Vidya - they are completely polar in terms of acting styles. Smartie, I agree,  Vidya lacks spunk; she can never play a Geet or a Shruti. 

Aaah bebo, don't even remind of Chameli; that's the only bollywood movie that I have seen 5 times. I don't mind watching it 50 more times, thats how much I love that movie. 
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
I know neelu. I think all her films coming up basically are in a same genre. She needs to experiment more. But she kind of did in Heyy Baby, and she got criticized for it...I guess that's why she stays away from commercial films. But she did say in one interview, I love to do a glam role, if am offered. I wonder if they offer her a glam roles though?
Originally posted by: eraser

Kareena cannot be compared with Vidya - they are completely polar in terms of acting styles. Smartie, I agree,  Vidya lacks spunk; she can never play a Geet or a Shruti. 

Aaah bebo, don't even remind of Chameli; that's the only bollywood movie that I have seen 5 times. I don't mind watching it 50 more times, thats how much I love that movie. 

am i the only one who thought bebo was kind of a misfit in chameli...😆...dunt get me wrong, she was wonderful and it was a gr8 effort...but somehow im not 100% convinced by her performance..because she didnt really look the part of a street hooker...even with those gaudy sarees, peculiar walk etc...she always came across as a woman who was "well off"...

comparitively, id say jab we met and omakra were her best performances, because i absolutely cannot imagine any other actress playing them....those roles suited her to the T...her peformance looked so natural onscreen it was hard to believe she was acting....fantastic spontaneity..
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Neelu I think her best performance was Chameli. I think it was because it was such a hard role to pull off. Even recently, when bebo was asked what was her hardest role ever, she said Chameli. I don't know she was convincing to me! But there was a critic who sided with u neelu. He said she was a misfit

Yeh def I can't imagine anyone else in JWM other than bebo. But omkara, I think someone like Vidya could have pulled that off!

Eraser- you really like Chameli ha lol. I only watched it once! I don't think it's the kind of film that I wanna watch over and over again! Did you like my Chameli sig I had before?
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I heart the *spark of romance* between Chameli and Bose 😍
Kyakstar - me too!

Bebo - I keep my siggy option turned off so no, I've never seen it. How did it look like?

Smartie - Aww no, I loved Kareena in Chameli; it was filled with simplicity and subtlety. It has to be my fav. bollywood movie I think. Rahul Bose was simply brilliant. 
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Originally posted by: eraser

Kyakstar - me too!

Bebo - I keep my siggy option turned off so no, I've never seen it. How did it look like?

Smartie - Aww no, I loved Kareena in Chameli; it was filled with simplicity and subtlety. It has to be my fav. bollywood movie I think. Rahul Bose was simply brilliant. 

mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think Filmfare was a genuine award show for a while, of course back then. That is why when I look at Filmfare now and all the other award shows that come out every year...it just makes me laugh. BW is just not the same anymore. 😔

They don't realize by trying to please everyone how stupid this makes the award shows and a bad image on talent in general. 

And I agree with the person who said how pleasant they dressed back then. It suited perfectly for the occasion. Guys were in suits, girls in traditional wear but nothing over the top. Nowadays, we have guys and girls coming with a pair of jeans and shirt, short dresses etc. 

What a coincidence this article came out because just y'day I was looking at some past Filmfare awards. 😆

Even the performances were entertaining to watch back then. Those were some quality performances with some real nice choreography. Now all we have are Munnis and Sheilas ruling the stage. Sigh.