Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: MissIffiy

I think they should all stay home & eat their pizza

I know I would😉😍
arent IIFA and filmfare somewhat fraternity based awards? i kno FF is a magazine, but its been there since the 50's...the only award which can boast of a long standing glory...its fair enough to think tht it would represent bollywood...IIFA is relatively new, but its not sponsored by any particular channel or magazine or organisation rite? its the fraternity itself deciding in this case....so they are fairly representative of the hindi film industry...

point is, the lack of any legit awards whatsoever is a bit of a concern because therz no proper barometer as such, to measure success and talent in the industry...and therz no valuable recognition given to the award winners...so even if next year, someone deserving wins..whts the point? the awards have lost credibility anyway....no ones gonna care...

its just not the same feeling anymore i guess...winning an award demands a sense of prestige and pride, which no one feels these days because they are given away like hot cakes..
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
It's like they are selling a product but when they make profit they will always get a loss and one of their loss is that we IF people don't always agree with their winners and we aren't satisfied with the result
Edited by ruky786 - 13 years ago
i agree with the article whole heartedly. i too have stopped watching the awards. i know what to expect. SRK every other year for best actor, katrina for entertainer of the year and best jodi to the next best popular couple; all to solidify their star status and stroke their egos, while making money for the organisers and themselves. 

the only award i thought was well-deserved was Ronit Roy for Udaan as the film itself was good. 
they waste awards on the Katrinas and the sonakshi's of the industry; where as true talent is ALWAYS ignored. 

the reason why bollywood is always lagging behind is that
1) no orginality. they are always looking to be the desi version of hollywood, and ignore the potential topics that MATTER to indians. 
i can relate to the pressures of students to succeed in 3 idiots, but not  to the the akshays and kareena in KI or the Anya in TMK. 
there has to  be a point, where producers, directos STOP aping, and look the the topics indians can relate and appreciate

2) in hollywood, there is a dearth of actors Looking for meaningful movies. Like Jennifer Lawerence from Winter's Bone. She is 20 years old, and she is such an amazing actress. then the 14 yr old from True Grit. 
will the sonakshis and sonams, deepikas, katrinas DO such movies? they are too busy counting the hits in their kitties. 
there is a stark difference between Jennifer lawerence who wants to do good movies and gain critical acclaim, then move to main strream movies, as opposed to Bollywood, where they want to do as many nonsense "masala" movies and do a handful of meaningful movies. 

As long as there are actors who measure their success by the BO and the producers, directors who DONT look at India for inspiration, then Award functions arent going to change and the katrina will get entertainer of the year and Anushka will share the Best actress award with Vidya for BBB and ishqiya (ridiculous). 'nugh said.
Edited by tiya229 - 13 years ago
Ladygaga the reason we dont have an award that is organised & chosen by the professionals who work in the industry is because the industry body is not strong enough.

In Hollywood the industry is regularised there is a trade Union , contracts etc. However Bollywood is still relativelly non-regulated so there is no recognised industry body as such.
ladygaga thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Gobsmacked

Ladygaga the reason we dont have an award that is organised & chosen by the professionals who work in the industry is because the industry body is not strong enough.

In Hollywood the industry is regularised there is a trade Union , contracts etc. However Bollywood is still relativelly non-regulated so there is no recognised industry body as such.

Yes i agree with this.. that is why i don't get this big fuss over who wins and who doesn't awards in bollywood are usually private ceremonies.. they are free to give awards to whoever they wanna give them too.. yes some of them claim that they represent the industry.. but actually if you look closely.. those are just false marketing claims.. and actually no award represents bolly officially.
This content was originally posted by: ladygaga

Yes i agree with this.. that is why i don't get this big fuss over who wins and who doesn't awards in bollywood are usually private ceremonies.. they are free to give awards to whoever they wanna give them too.. yes some of them claim that they represent the industry.. but actually if you look closely.. those are just false marketing claims.. and actually no award represents bolly officially.

Actually thats a very good point. Never looked at it this way.

Anyhow I lost interest mainly because of some of the childish jokes & gags being repeatedly presented in the award shows. And plus they come with way too many ad breaks.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
either way... there is way too much ego in bollywood that you can NEVER ever 'fair' awards.... 😛😛   nobody is sporting enough... popular stars want awards for themselves, and the 'intelligent filmmakers' for themselves... even the mediocre actors want awards for themselves, only because they are not hyped....

nobody can see the success of other...  it's been like this since ages... raj kapoor couldn't stand dilip kumar, because he was more successful than him... shatrughan couldn't stand amit... actually, many couldn't stand him... 😛😛   and i am sure it worked both ways...  i want to blame the people who hold these awards, but i just can't.... i blame the stars themselves for the state of the awards... it's their own darn ego that led to this... so deal with it... 😛😛😛

and they can NEVER reach the level of the oscars... kehna nahin chahiye, but our people can't stand other people's success/achievement....!!   TongueTongueTongue
Edited by Nuktaacheen - 13 years ago
Bollywood has still not matured like Hollywood. While the craft of film-making has moved forward with a never-before-seen variety in theme, ideation and treatment, the charmed star is yet to realise that his shine has somewhat jaded and that he indeed needs some revision lessons rather than clutch on desperately to the aura that's receded into the shadows a long time ago. That's why a Colin Firth wins an Oscar at 50 for a flawed character instead of the sexy Mr Darcy he was in his 30s.

This just says it all. It will take a long time before Bollywood can overcome its obsession on solely glitz and glamor  and actually take in performances as well