Posted: 13 years ago

Why is no one having coffee with Karan?

Channel will have to resort to re-runs, as Johar ponders over who to invite for the last few episodes of this season

Don't we all just love him?Host of popular chat show Karan Johar seen here with buddy Shah Rukh Khan.

Koffee with Karan, the popular television chat show is in a bit of a crisis. About five episodes are still left to be shot for this season, but there is nothing in the bank to fall back on. Insiders blame Karan Johar's constant visits to New York that has pushed them behind schedule, but sources reveal that Johar is also out of ideas on whom to invite for the few remaining shows. 

The channel which hosts the show might now play re-runs of episodes. 

According to a source in the film industry, the problem of not having enough episodes shot beforehand has arisen out of two reasons. 

The source said, "It isn't only because of Johar's frequent foreign visits. He has also brought together almost every conceivable pair of guests on the show. When he invited Amitabh Bachchan, he got daughter Shweta to come along. And when Madhuri Dixit came on the show, she was paired with Sonakshi Sinha. But now Johar is out of ideas. He can get anyone he wants. But he is unsure of how to make them appear fresh and untried on the show."

Sources reveal that after Johar got Ajay Devgn to appear on the show, he is convincing Salman Khan to make an appearance. Dharmendra is apparently being wooed to come along with Hema Malini. Imran Khan and his wife are likely to be guests too in what will be their first interview as a couple.

"I'm not confirming any names till I have recorded episodes with them. Yes, I went to NY and we ran out of episodes. But I have a life beyond Koffee With Karan. I have a script to write and a film to direct. There will be some re-runs till I record fresh episodes," Johar said.

Meanwhile, Johar's frequent visits to NY have sparked off rumours that he is dating someone in the city. When asked Johar said, "Yes I have a secret love in NY. I love the city itself. Nowadays I romance places not people."

The director also confirmed that he will take a break from the chat show for at least two years. "I'm done with Koffee and my other extra-curricular activities for now. In case people have forgotten, I'm a filmmaker."

there are so many people left to be seen =\

katrina, bipasha, neil, abhay  deol, akshay, arjun, govinda

im just naming celebs...what's going on :S
Is that the reason or is it that people are afraid of his couch?
Salman and imran with he's wife sounds like a great idea....can't wait to see it
the other remaining guest can be Pratiek...I love the guy

the 4th episode he can have aamir

and the 5th episode akshay kumar
Because they are friends. Friends can kiss each other on the cheeks.
Originally posted by lovePC

Why is SRK kissing Kjo??
Edited by sheee - 13 years ago

I was so excited for KWK...but I have to admit this was the most boring season of the lot

Originally posted by lovePC

Why is SRK kissing Kjo??

Oh..Well...They are 'good friends'.... 😉
Earlier ppl used to die to be on KWK but this season noone is willing to come on the show. why so? Almost everyone who turned up for the chat show were mostly there to promote their fimls, rani vidya farah and group but then some of them were there for KJo
Originally posted by -Mala-

there are so many people left to be seen =\

katrina, bipasha, neil, abhay  deol, akshay, arjun, govinda

im just naming celebs...what's going on :S

yah lots of ppl r left , but i think none is agreeing to come in KWK now ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by chocobear88

Earlier ppl used to die to be on KWK but this season noone is willing to come on the show. why so? Almost everyone who turned up for the chat show were mostly there to promote their fimls, rani vidya farah and group but then some of them were there for KJo

Spot on.