Rang Badalti Odhani

Star One Should Extend The Schedule:7.00 - 10.30pm

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

-- Before I post my views....I want to make it clear that this is not intended to compare shows on Star One and please stick to the the Indiaforums rules during this discussion....--

As I have mentioned many times before....RBO is always targeted by rumours of closer whenever there is talk about any new show on Star One....Yash Ji has confirmed recent rumours are also false, so lets draw a line on that....But this did make think.....

During this last year....I have picked up bits of information which came together today....One point is that Star One generally gets low ratings compared to other channels...Possiblily because it's a youth channel or maybe even becuase it has very few shows....Just looking at IF's main page proves that...Only five shows, only half what the other channels produce.....

I also remembered a Saas Bahu aur Saazish report, saying the 7.00 - 8.00pm timeslots have become popular....So this sounds like the perfect solution for Star One and all it's loyal viewers๐Ÿ˜Š....

The channel can schedule all news shows, in the 7.00 -7.30pm &  7.30 - 8.00pm timeslots.....
Or even adjust the earliar shows....The point is the channel would have 5 - 7 shows, running from 7.00 - 10.30 pm....Perfect for old viewers and to attract new ones.....

I think with the current shows, Star One has something for all interests and tastes....It has variety and is not just saas bahu....Each shows has a different theme, perhaps with a diffrent set of viewers....This is an asset to the channel....And using the extra timeslots will bring a greater overall rating to the channel and more viewers....

So I encourage channels heads to consider this matter seriously and for all Star One viewers to convey this message.....Rather than playing the jungle game or thinking only of ' Servival of the fittest'.....

Think, 'The more, the merrier ' and variety is good for Star One....

Thanks for reading๐Ÿ˜ƒ....
May.....
Edited by The_May_Rose - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
 I agree with you May, people like variety. Old days it was the same old storyline in almost every show, now different concepts and themes are being  tried out, so there is room for and desire for something different and fresh.
bones88 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Completely support your post May๐Ÿค— I seriously wish the channel slots their new shows on those timings... variety is very much indeed and they can even work on the afternoon slot for their new shows๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Yasharanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
agree they shud use new timeslots for new shows.................
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Fully agree with you May.

The competition for Star One should not be the other mainstream channels, but youth-based channels like MTV and VH1 etc... Those channels show music programs or reality shows which don't seem to be affected much by TRP ratings.

Since it says it is a youth-based channel, Star One can focus on even a later time slot: 10:30-11:00 p.m. Many students and young adults are awake late these days na... Later time slots will work better I feel.

Not sure about afternoon time slots. They don't seem to work for any channel.

Whereas 6 p.m and 6:30 p.m time slots seem to work (Example-  Zee TV's Bhagonwali).

Is there a time limit in India for daily soaps? Why they all stop at 11 p.m? Channels seem to explore earlier time slots, from 9 p.m, to 8 p.m to 7 p.m, to now 6 p.m. Why not have shows at 11 p,m and 11:30 p.m? That might also work for Star One.

There are so many stories to be told about/for teenagers, young adults and even mature adults who want to see good shows. Not all mainstream daily soaps satisfy this demographic. Having just 5 shows is not enough. More time slots should be used.

OlicityFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

instead od showing repeats again and again....it would be better if they started at 7 instead of 8.....

nyc one , May! :)

aditee thumbnail
May

FANTASTIC Idea!

How ever, I feel its going to take MUCH MORE than starting this topic in IF-RBO

I am in full agreement that if programming hours increase, there is a greater possibility that our  favorite show RBO will not be yanked off the air which in turn means it extends the life of it.

But somehow, "favorable" responses to this petition will have to be systematically collected and communicated through a respected and authoritative source to Star One managment.

Thats the only way we are ever going to receive any consideration or attention.

Maybe Veena can help us identify the Star One "powers that be"?

Any of you who happen to be well connected in media or television industry can take this task as a project and volunteer to communicate it?

Posting it on the Star One website?

Reaching out to the " Star One  RBO Producers"?

Its going to be a long complicated process in my opinion

Its a wonderful thing that youve started quite early, we may have some advantage already.

I have no contacts what so ever in Bollywood and happen to live overseas, but  will be happy to volunteer to draft messages or reach out to who ever is identified.

Thanks a lot

Warm Regards

A

Edited by aditee - 13 years ago
dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great Post, May!!! ๐Ÿ‘

Truly important for any channel, in this case Star One, to seriously consider its 'expansion' plans....

What better way to do that than, to increase the prime time slot of the channel.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

In the process, new concepts can be tried, while established products (read RBO) can be allowed to flourish, without the rumour mills going into overdrive!!!

Am really not aware how much my post will be worth......but if it ends up playing even a miniscule role in my fav serial or rather the only serial that I watch on television to have an uninterrupted run....and in the process, also let the channel explore newer horizons......will be mission accomplished for me!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜Š
WooHooHaha21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
@All: I agree with your points.. It would be very good if the channel increases their time slot.. Star one is the only channel I watched uptil now.. Just started Imagine a month ago for PMMKA.. But anyways the point is that I agree that they should extend the time slot or bring in new time slot but I also remember that this point was brought forward some few years ago too.. I dont remember when exactly it was but I guess it was some 2 years ago when I was just a silent viewer not even a member.. Since that day nothing has happened.. Even when DMG and MJHT were ending, many people wanted the channel to increase their time slot and introduce new shows in different time slots or atleast shift the previous shows to the new time slots.. But it did not happen.. It has been the same with Star One.. They work in one policy with just five shows on it..

However, I would be very much happy if they extend their time slots.. It would be great for RBO! People would actually stop targeting our show.. But I seriously wonder if Star One would ever listen.. We all know how partial they are towards RBO.. No new promos since like what ages! I need not explain on that..
saaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It is a very interesting proposition May. But I think there should be a couple of issues to consider..

firstly, Star as a company would not place competing time slots between channels under its own umbrella, unless the two shows cater to different sources of TRPs.

Therefore one could say, since Starone is 'youth' based, it could ideally slot 'youth' based shows against the saas bahu ...unfortunately, market analysis states that youth do not typically watch TV in the early evenings..that is a saas bahu slot, which makes Star one in a conundrum becos advertizers will not advertize on a youth show during the evening slots. 

Which is why in the first place, Star one in order to cater to a market separate from Star plus was IMO established. However, what has happened in the recent times is, even their youth based has not been able to garner any TRPS, in fact it was due to this reason, that Star one shifted its focus to 'family' orientation last year. This began with the final track of shows such as LNMDJ and the onsluaght of two shows- RBO and Geet brought in 'social' based tracks...widow remarriage and honour killing. Of course somewhere along the way, they realized even that did not work and went back to 'youth' marketing. 

Expansion at this point for Starone is a far cry, because it has not been able to establish itself in the television market at all. Until it comes up with some safe bets, it will not increase its kitty, because marketing for existing time slots is shaky. 

One possible way is the other point  you are alluding to - which is having a mixed bag of shows catering to various sources of TRP, but I think Star One has missed the pioneering boat on that one...SOny with its alliance with YRF seems to be testing what one may call multiplex way of presenting shows. THis has met mixed reactions, it is a testing phase and methinks there is a high possibility that if the second round of the YRF-Sony arrangement works to some extent, Star one maybe the next channel to join such a bandwagon. I firmly believe Star one should have been the testing ground for this, becos all of YRF shows are followed by the youth. 

Again, I am coming from just trying to understand programming dynamics of TV channels in India- and am not making any claims or predictions based on my favorite show...๐Ÿ˜ƒ..just my two completely clinical bit...