Sasural Genda Phool

No rat race for me: Actress Ragini Khanna

mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hello dears..I found this new short and sweet interview of Ragini. Enjoy
Published: Wednesday, Mar 9, 2011, 11:29 IST
By Taniya Talukdar | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

She made a debut as one of Radha's daughters in the television soap Radha Ki Betiyaan. However, it was her role in Bhaskar Bharati that brought Ragini Khanna into the limelight and even won her a role in Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra's β€” Teen Thay Bhai.

"I went through an audition before I could get to even meet Rakyesh Om Prakash Mehra. Thankfully, things worked out well," recalls an excited Ragini. "While I have always dreamt of working with Rakyesh, to debut in such a film was really too good to be true. It is a film that I will be proud of watching even when I am old," informs Khanna, who plays actor Deepak Dobriyal's love interest.

With this film, Khanna is the latest to join the bandwagon of television actors making their way to the silver screen. Though, she says, "For an actor, there is not much of a difference in what she does before the camera irrespective of the medium. But the difference is in the making. Also, while a film has one release date before the verdict is passed, the television is more of a constant effort."

A lesser known fact about Khanna is that she happens to be Bollywood star Govinda's niece. Ask her about it and she reluctantly replies, "I have not used his name to get myself work so far and I don't intend to either. I don't want people to meet me with preconceived notions. I am here for work and will do so at my own pace. I don't want to be part of the rat race and end up doing what everybody else is doing anyway.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GurpreetD thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks For Sharing Di........Loved her In RKBKKD and BB and NOw offcourse In SGP Too......Waiting for Her Movie Impatiently😍............
mjtruelegend thumbnail
You're welcome Rubal. I too loved her in RDKB. It was such a nice programme and she used add so much energy and fun to the scenes. Also she was great in Bhasker Bharti, she was so slim and trim in that show and very funny. Infact I had no idea she was Chichi's niece until a few months into SGP. She's a uniquely talented girl.  πŸ˜ƒ
GurpreetD thumbnail
Ya Di she was Superbbbb In BB.....She was extremely Funny Playing Character of Men ......Her way of walking like Bhaskar Was Hilarious......And the way of Saying I m the ManπŸ˜†........Loved her In BB.....I hope she Alwayzz play these kinds of Role in MOvies and Tv Serials and I will be happy even if she plays Serious role but I think she will be better off  playing Funny Character.....Wat say Di??πŸ˜ƒ
mjtruelegend thumbnail
I think Ragini is a very versatile actress and what ever she does she comes out a winner...so I am happy to see her play any type of roles. I do not want her to be come a typacast.
GurpreetD thumbnail
Originally posted by: mjtruelegend

I think Ragini is a very versatile actress and what ever she does she comes out a winner...so I am happy to see her play any type of roles. I do not want her to be come a typacast.

Ya thats true........She shud not become Like her Mamu......I mean I m so Fed of His Comedy Now that I cant tolerate him (No Offence)......And It will too be same with Ragzzz if she continue Playing Funny Character all the time....
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Govinda was great during the 80's and 90's. He's is an mazing actor - actually a very under rated actor. Its such a shame how he didn't explore more genres (he did sometimes but only a few). I am sure that Ragini being such a intelligent girl that she will make a consious effort to prevent that from happening to herself.
crysind thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow! Thanks Sheemudi... 
I never watched RKB and BB... She came as a new face for me in SGP....But she changed my tellyworld...😍 and she set a standard for me to compare with other tellywood heroins...
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Originally posted by: crysind

Wow! Thanks Sheemudi... 
I never watched RKB and BB... She came as a new face for me in SGP....But she changed my tellyworld...😍 and she set a standard for me to compare with other tellywood heroins...

Welcome Febs. You're right I think she definately has raised the bar very high when it comes to acting on tv. Do watch RKB and BB if you get a chance, they are good.

Here is the link for BB.....(I will find RKB link asap for you)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bhaskar+bharti+episode+1&aq=0

GurpreetD thumbnail
Originally posted by: crysind

Wow! Thanks Sheemudi... 

Febi U didnt Watched  both Those serials???😲.....Where were u at that Time???