What Viewers Want - for Sweet Memories!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

My dear fellow DSDV fans,

It is sad the show is going to end soon within 3 weeks' time.  The concept was great and the cast was stellar, but the luck did not favor it and the channel has decided to end it.  😭

In spite of what happened, that Kalyani had to die, I still feel that the story could have been taken forward...there is still a lot of potential for a good story, but it should handled sensitively and with finesse.....which I am not sure will succeed in terms of TRPs, but I would like to put my wishes down anyway!   With all the vachans between Kalyani and Nandini.....there is good scope for a good storyline! 😊

Here is how I would have liked it if it was to continue......🤔

PreNa return to Rajadhyaksh home.  Krushna track ends with death or imprisonment.  Now he is responsible for Kalyani's death as well, not just Nandini's rape.  Sonakshi supports Nandini and is instrumental in getting Prapti-Mayank problems solved.  The main story would be of course the rehabilitation of Nandini and Prem after their ordeal.........their facing the society with its narrow-mindedness, the frictions that could come up at home because of the society.....and overcoming them.  😊 But such a subject needs to be handled sensitively and not with melodrama, and while I am sure the cast of the show is perfectly up to it.....they will do full justice to it..👍🏼.....I am not sure that the majority of the audience will lap it up.........a few people like me would not convert to high TRPs!  If TRPs rule the roost, such good stories will never get shown, at least not here on Indian telly! 

Since it is the channel that developed cold feet over the show, I guess there is no hope of revival, but let us have our say about how it should end..........in a nice way!  😛  Whatever the reason may be for ending, I think that all fans will agree that we want a nice ending to the show, not a hotch-potch one because everyone has given up on it!  This post is to share ideas on what we would like to see in the last weeks of DSDV so that we are left with good memories and not bad dreams of what happened! 😊

What I would like to see is a happy but believable kind of ending where people come to terms with themselves and each other!   Here goes my wishlist.......

The central theme of a saas-bahu bonding never came to be shown although the beginning of the bonding was very much there, so what I would like to see is the memories of her saas creating a stronger Nandini who stops being a doormat to all because she is too nice.  She should stop shedding tears and face the world squarely. 😊

I would like Prem to see the error of his ways.....that losing his temper whenever anything goes wrong is not the right way to deal with problems..........one cannot take law into one's hands just like that.......his reaction when he heard that Krushna was responsible for Kalyani's accident was frightening........he needs to be less selfish and thinking a little more of others who love him! 😳

I would like the Krushna track to end as soon as it can.....with Krushna behind bars or even killed..🤢....it does not matter.......his misdeeds should be exposed and he should be eliminated as soon as possible.

I would like to see Prem and Nandini back at Rajadhyaksh house and Nandini being accepted into the family wholeheartedly. 😊

I would like to see a few happy PreNa scenes......they have not had many since the beginning of the show.........too few and too far apart........would love to see some happy moments for them! 😳

I would love to see Pratham stand up for the right, be more assertive than he is now......he has the right ideas and his heart is in the right place, but he needs to assert it with his dad and wife........he can't do much good being silent! 😊

I would like Govind to admit the mistake he made in hiding the truth of Nandini's past from Kalyani before marriage........he should have told about it whatever the temptation to see Nandini settled happily!  Also he should not have let Krushna off so easily at that time! 

I would like to see Sonakshi supporting Nandini and going against Krushna openly....👏....filing for divorce if he is to live behind bars instead of being killed.

I would like the Prapti-Mayank track to end properly with Prapti being accepted into the Paranjpe house.....with Sona taking the initiative. 😊

Of course Aayi may or may not reform.....for old people like her, it is difficult to admit their wrongs and change.......but she could be quieter and more subdued and not so vitriolic! 😉

Daadi has already shown some change at Kalyani's death......she should accept Nandini with grace and so should Urmila and Gautam.  😊

Whew, that is a long wishlist.........but hope the CVs give us some of these things in the coming episodes........I would like it to end sweetly so that we can remember the story for what it was.....and not regret that it ended abruptly and without logic! 😊

Inviting thoughs on this.........please understand this thread is for positive thoughts from real fans....and not for venting your spleen if you don't like the show!  😊

I agree with all the points, I also want to see some happy scenes and a nice ending 😊

i'll miss DSDV alot 😭😭
Edited by -Aysha- - 13 years ago
agree wid u completely Shobs
plz CVs...........atleast now listen to our demands
we'd love to see a nice ending if not anything else

Such a nice post Shobs...

Think, the only good thing in informing three weeks in advance, gives one the opportunity to give the show a happy logical ending.. As much as I don't want it to end, Zee has done a good thing by giving them sufficient amount of time to end the story on a good note.🤔

Love this post, Shobs...and you've listed everything on our wishlist...Yes...we do need a believable and happy ending,pleaseeeee......
Hi Shobs, I fully agree with you. Krushna should be punished and we want to see happy ending and no more court drama. They have 3 week time, in which we want to see more of prem and nandini.

Pl. CVs it is a request from us. Will miss DSDV and especially Gaurav.

great points Shobs,totally agree with everyone
wish we get a sensible ending atleast :(
will post my views soon !

Originally posted by --Naina--

Such a nice post Shobs...

Think, the only good thing in informing three weeks in advance, gives one the opportunity to give the show a happy logical ending.. As much as I don't want it to end, Zee has done a good thing by giving them sufficient amount of time to end the story on a good note.🤔

Naina said it all..  a happy logical ending is all we viewers expect now. Unexplainable twists killed the show, so the least channel could do for the loyal viewers is to commemorate it with the scenes that we want to see (nicely summarized by Shobs). Hope the channel/PH people reading this would give us that.

Thanks for the post Shobs. I enjoyed the show from the beginning and am sad to see it end like this.