I pushed Chang beyond his level: Marischa Fernande

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

I pushed Chang beyond his level: Marischa Fernandes

Mumbai, March 9 ' Choreographer Marischa Fernandes, who mentored Meiyang Chang ' winner of dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4', says she is not a hard task master but pushed her partner beyond his level of perfection.

'I wasn't that tough as a teacher with Chang' He used to get away with a smile. But I have pushed him beyond his level,' Marischa told IANS in an inteview.

The winning couple got Rs.50 Lakh and each of them took home Rs.25 Lakh.

The Chinese Indian dentist-turned-singer-turned-actor was a non-dancer and Marischa says in the beginning she had to work really hard to make Chang dance.

'In the beginning it was quite tough, but he was a good student. Whatever I taught him, he picked up very well, so it became easier,' said Marischa adding, 'I did whatever required to make him look good on stage. I used to train him and he used to deliver it the same way. I had to keep patience with him.'

Chang was not very confident about his performance either, reveals Marischa, who had trained hockey coach and non-dancer Mir Ranjan Negi and actor Ram Kapoor in the second and third season of the show, respectively.

'He was not very confident of being a dancer. So it took me a lot more time to build up that confidence in him. It was new for him and every week he used to feel that he was looking stupid on stage,' said Marischa.

Because of his looks, Marischa had to be very particular while choosing songs for him too. 'As Chang was a non-dancer, we had to choose songs where Chang would look good. We were very particular that he shouldn't look like a non-dancer.'

Asked if her next step would be Bollywood, the 27-year-old said: 'I am a choreographer and am open to everything, whether it's a film or a corporate. Dance is a passion and I would love to do wherever I get scope.'

Marischa has been teaching dance for the past 11 years. Her passion for the art form comes through different dance styles like Salsa, Jive, Waltz, Cha Cha, Disco, Hip Hop, Jugalbandi, Jazz and, of course, Bollywood.

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 13 years ago
sorry if this is posted earlier
tnx for sharin dear....

i loved marischa ever since season 2... she was really sweet and tried her best but didnt get good partner like chang. she got a chance to prove herself as well as chang durin dis season..

she's a fabulous dancer too... hope she rocks in future jdj seasons as well
This girl deserves a standing ovation 👏👏👏👏 .....despite being paired with not very promising partners in previous seasons, she hung on and was lucky enough to land Chang...and she made the most of it. She truly deserves this victory.
P.S. That pic of Chang is just 😍.