Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Is Bollywood Copying Hollywood Less Now?

donniedorko thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I remember there was a time when every second Bollywood movie was an exact almost scene for scene rip off of a Hollywood movie. These days it seems like they are taking inspiration more so then just copying entire dialogues and plots. I also noticed recently that a lot of times when they do copy material, they are doing so from more obscure material instead of well known and popular Hollywood/Foreign material. What does it look like to you?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i dont know. there is rarely an original film in bollywood anymore. hollywood remakes, bollywood film remakes, sequels. its getting kinda annoying
bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yes it seems that they are copying less of hollywood now, since they are now currently obsessed with remaking all their old classics πŸ˜› 
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
may be coz Indians r watching more Hollywood movies thn they used to!!!!!... πŸ˜›

Keep----------------Smiling !!!😊
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

yeha classics and south moviesπŸ˜†

This content was originally posted by: bollywoodbabe1

Yes it seems that they are copying less of hollywood now, since they are now currently obsessed with remaking all their old classics πŸ˜› 

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I agree. There is definitely more awareness now, so bollywood has no choice but to come up with something original OR call their movies a remake and buy the rights. Otherwise, people call them out on it.

I mean, movies from the 90s were such ripoffs, but very few knew because the times were different.
Like last night, my friend was like, "hey lets watch this movie I watched, Leon: The Professional, it was really good!"
So she started describing ONE scene to me. Just ONE and I stopped her and told her what happened in the rest of the movie. She asked me if I had seen it, and I said no.
I hadnt seen Leon the Professional, but I had seen Bichu.
Which was, believe me when I say, a SCENE FOR SCENE, WORD FOR WORD copy of the original
Edited by desigal90 - 13 years ago
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i still think they are copying hollywood films
and of course their own classics

scriptwriters are getting too damn lazy these days
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
I think DDLJ,K3g and KKHH are original.
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
they still continue to copy hollywood movies.
btw did you guys know MunnaBhai is also a copy? well there is a hollywod movie with a similar context and storyline. i watched it in skl and i was so dissapointed with rajuhirani. the movie is about this guy in his late 40s i believe who goes to med school and he interacts with his patients like sanjay did which gives them a happier life style and stuff....
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: JONAKIHATESYOU

I think DDLJ,K3g and KKHH are original.

agreed! so bollywood should just stick with their romance and family drama movies. none of this suspense/ aciton/ thriller. hollywood is much better in those genres. and bollywood is good in the romance and family drama movies.
Edited by anu-pre4eva - 13 years ago