Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Haan...so..I agree  with the post.

I'm a writer. And I am of the opinion that most of us- including those who write commercially at some point do feel- it's MY baby. Feedback is good. Criticism is also good.
But no one has a right to morally judge me.

When a writer brings forth his/her piece in the world, he/she is setting it up for response- all kinds.

A good writer is one who can instigate strong feelings in readers...And these writers have succeeded.

There are a few of us who write because we want to give feedback,few who write because..well..we just like to write; few who want to give the story a frame by relating it to their own life; some who try to find logic; some who want to write to merely appreciate or depreciate(not in THAT way..but u know what i mean..haha)

all I would say is that ALL writers put HUGE efforts to give us what they give..ALL kinds of writers.
and they have their own moral frames; ethical frames; practical frames. 
We can certainly give opinions but we also need to understand that  NO ONE has a right to judge anyone else...for WHATEVER reason  without knowing the FULL story.

BAsed on mere speculation, blaming people is not good. 

I will end this by saying, CV's It's your baby...the channel's baby and we are important parts of it.

IF you want feedback ,take it selectively- not bow down to ALL demands so that in the end all we have is a kichdi of demands.

The viewers watch the show NOT to see other people's demands but what YOU GUYS have to offer. 

So good luck for future
And do what you have to do!

Take care and much love!

Edited by geet.a - 13 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Good post Smita. 

Advice to CVs - Dont get carried away by your fans' demands.

Advice to Fans - Don't get carried away by the fact that CVs are complying with many of your demands. They may not always do so.

As long as the story has some logic (even if there is some fantasy element here and there) I have no problems with it. It is when the fantasy takes over reality completely that I cringe.  There were some tracks which were totally illogical, like the ill conceived IP track which made no sense whatsoever.  I also did not like the way Geet was reduced to a silly nagging wife after the wedding, especially the scene where she insisted taking driving lessons on the highway with a pliant Maan complying with it too. Apart from these stray instances of total lack of logic, by and large the show is far more balanced than many on air.

Coming to the MC track, I always knew the baby is not going to see the light of the day because the show is on a youth channel. The CVs have also hinted MC many times. They even posed a query on what could be shown after the baby is born in their official site. I think even the actors were aware of it, the reason why DD was supposedly not in favour of the baby bump because she may have been given to understand that the baby is not coming out.

So the indications were all there.  They could have had this long ago and saved us a lot of unnecessary tension but they are in the business of raising the trps and baby was a good pawn to do so. 

The only consolation I have is that the MC track was logical. Geet lost her baby because of her love and concern for her man which far outweighed anything else. She neglected her own safety and that of the baby when she thought his life was in danger.  At least the baby did not die because of the evil machinations of NT and Brij. It did not die because Maan chose Geet over the Baby. It did not not perish because Maan could not reign in his urges when the doctor advised against consummation.   So nobody but fate could be blamed for the turn of events and if one is to be philosophical about it, one could say that fate deemed the baby's existence till now and fate deemed its death too.

Coming to the theme of the story. It started off as a story which dealt with a couple of burning social issues such as fake marriages by NRIs for money and honour killings but the show did not fetch the trps it needed. But I think it was mainly about this love story between an enigmatic handsome young man and the woman who was carrying his brother's baby.  This theme was path breaking too in a society which will shudder at the prospect of a man marrying the mother of his nephew/niece when the father is still alive. 

Given the way the story has been shaping up all these months, it is no surprise that the show has long stopped being one about a woman's struggle for justice. It is more about the journey of this enigmatic man who cut himself off from humanity for mysterious reasons - his transformation from this seemingly insensitive creature who couldn't care less about the plight of a poor helpless girl to this gem of a man who had grown to love a baby which was not biologically his as his own. His love is not only for the woman but also the life within.  The total unconditionality and selflessness of  that love was underlined quite well in the past few weeks.

Having accomplished their mission of establishing Maan as the man any woman would die to have in her life, they went ahead and got rid of the baby because they never intended to bring it into the world in any case.   One can call them heartless but the fact of the matter is at the end of the day it is trps and the money they generate that counts.

To be fair they did give us all the cute baby related scenes we wanted them to give. But then I guess that only fueled our desires to see more.

There are several things which still can be explored even after the baby's demise. Geet could be shown to emerge as a strong independent woman after this. She could pursue her education, chalk out her own career which at some point could conflict with Maan's interests, maybe take up the issue of women who were afflicted like her but who do not have men like Maan in their lives etc.  Lets see what they have in store for us.

As long as the story is fairly logical, I'll continue to see it.
At least now I don' need to keep cribbing about how can a pregnant woman ride in a truck or escape a grotesque accident without a scratch or illogical things like that. 
Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
totally agree wid u dear...4 once we need 2 put complete trust on CVS ...i like many was nvr wid tis MC track, i did cry yesterday along wid MANEET...bt then at the end of the day its fictional n one must respect CVS viewpoints n their judgements..thy must hve thought well in advance how tis track wud come or shape keeping in mind the anger n curses tat wud be. meted out on them...  ....we all need 2 be postive here...its their baby N THEY HVE A RIGHT TO DECIDE OR implement  ideas/tracks to  moves the story ahead in a better direction..im not defending them bt i cant argue the fact thy hve given us GHSP most importantly MANEET ....n i cnt even think of quitting Edited by mehraan - 13 years ago
Infinitedreams thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
@ Jhana - 👏 Very well written my jaanu 🤗...Lovely, very well put.....

Muniza
savinik thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
well said. I lets give cvs the freedom to move ahead with the story as per there plans. We are always there for constructive criticism..but lets not make these forums as our wishing well :-)
bhabha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The fans of geet expect  the current CVs to maintain the same or better standard as before, when swati pande and team were part of Geet serial.

Today's episode though sad was of that caliber and was well applauded by the fans.
-honeydew- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
i have always been by their side no matter what, though i may not have liked some of the turns they took, and i perhaps wanted to see something else.But at the end of the day its their story and they would do it their way!

yes i was not for MC, and thought the story would have better a scope with other dimensions to explore with the baby around, but that doesnt mean they would be nothing else to do after the MC as well.. now that there is no baby anymore, i am thinking of ten other things they can do, and i wont be surprised if the creatives show us the 11th ..

i totally trust them and wish them luck .. !😊

yes as fans we could give ideas, and our opinions, but thats just us doing our bit for the love of the show, the final call lies with them, and the final story should be their POV since its their vision we fell in love with in the first place!!
Edited by -honeydew- - 13 years ago
Jassidevi thumbnail

Muc h needed post..

It was an awesome episode with some great acting and excellent execution..

Great views everyone, I totally agree  that as fans we should not blackmail the CVs with "I quit" movement.. The entire cast and crew of GHSP has worked really hard to keep us addicted to the show.. Let's have faith in them and wait to see what they have in store for us!!

I am a loyal viewer and will continue watching the show 😃
winona thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Smita good post. How much ever we were emotionally attached to the baby we can't deny that the story had to move MC or no MC. CVs have decided to go with the MC track. We as viewers can express our views and opinions but we can not dictate. It is their story, their brain child. I just hope that they manage to keep the show as interesting as they have  in the past. After all its a daily soap with fictional story and characters.  Edited by winona - 13 years ago
serialwatcher16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

@ smita, jhan, 

Nice post. 

We knew MC was going to come but how do you not mourn just because you knew it was going to come. 

Practically the baby should never have come and human mind is such that we need to blame something or somebody to take out our anger on. And this happens in real life as well. If she had lost the baby becos of Brij, NT, we could have hated them even more. 

In real life when such a thing happens, we never blame it on any person but just turn to God and say, why does it have to be me, why did have to be me, and then pick up our strength. Grumbling to God helps us to recover our inner strengths and move ahead. 

Everybody knows it is a fiction show and I have known that an MC will happen for a long time simply bcos they have been preparing us for a long time by making us tired of it. I wish they had had the courage to do it much earlier and stick to their story instead of making us also believe in the super baby which survived all odds.

I had truly believed that Geet's character was just not being developed as a girl who was going to be a mother eitehr in terms of responsibility or courage despite all the baby talk, and hence I just wish they had taken the decision much earlier.

But no time will be a good time i guess for this kind of a happening. 

So let us see where they take it from here. It is after all their story and as Deeps said, it is a fictional story.

In this conversion to a love story, is Dev going to be the other corner of the triangle as after all it was AS who cheated Geet and not SS.