Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: SolidSnake

Ofcourse it is a Natural disaster.

Yeh karma etc sab kehne ki baatein hain, sunne mein achhi lagti hai.

True but often there are several prophesies too.
Hope all this is not the start if something worse.
Too much bad news everywhere. It has been a series of events if we really track it down.
Summer3 thumbnail
Time for UFOs and Extra Terrestial Help to reach Earth to contain the Nuclear Blast Problem.

Some 2012 predictions had mentioned about their appearance too.

Summer3 thumbnail

What Is a Nuclear Meltdown?

Updated: Monday, 14 Mar 2011, 9:37 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 14 Mar 2011, 8:59 PM CDT

By Larry Yellen, FOX Chicago News

At least three nuclear reactors in Japan are reported to have experienced partial meltdowns. But just what does "meltdown" mean?

Three decades ago, a film called "The China Syndrome" introduced many Americans to the possibility of a nuclear accident and the phrase "nuclear meltdown." Twelve days later, the Three Mile Island accident in Pennsylvania had federal officials discussing the real thing.

So just what is a nuclear meltdown? The reactor contains rods filled with uranium, and then there's a pump which sends coolants like water into the reactor, to keep the uranium from overheating.

When the pump breaks down (in this case because of the earthquake or tsunami), the uranium overheats. The rest of the water eventually boils away, and tubes holding the uranium pellets disintegrate. The pellets fall to the floor, heating up even more, up to 5,000 degrees, at which point they melt into kind of a waxy substance. Thus the term: "meltdown."

In the worst case scenario the uranium, already very unstable, explodes, damaging the plant and releasing contaminants into the air.

There can be a minor or major meltdown, depending on how many pellets melt. And even a major meltdown might pose no danger to the public at large, if there's no explosion and the radiation stays within the containment dome.

Summer3 thumbnail

Fukushima Nuclear Accident ' a simple and accurate explanation

I am writing this text (Mar 12) to give you some peace of mind regarding some of the troubles in Japan, that is the safety of Japan's nuclear reactors. Up front, the situation is serious, but under control. And this text is long! But you will know more about nuclear power plants after reading it than all journalists on this planet put together.

There was and will *not* be any significant release of radioactivity.

By "significant" I mean a level of radiation of more than what you would receive on ' say ' a long distance flight, or drinking a glass of beer that comes from certain areas with high levels of natural background radiation.

I have been reading every news release on the incident since the earthquake. There has not been one single (!) report that was accurate and free of errors (and part of that problem is also a weakness in the Japanese crisis communication). By "not free of errors" I do not refer to tendentious anti-nuclear journalism ' that is quite normal these days. By "not free of errors" I mean blatant errors regarding physics and natural law, as well as gross misinterpretation of facts, due to an obvious lack of fundamental and basic understanding of the way nuclear reactors are build and operated. I have read a 3 page report on CNN where every single paragraph contained an error.

We will have to cover some fundamentals, before we get into what is going on.

Construction of the Fukushima nuclear power plants

Continue reading

MagicalKash thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
    I have my doubts about whether the Japanese government is giving us the complete truth about these nuclear explosion or not. Edited by MagicalKash - 13 years ago
    thickhead thumbnail
    Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
    Originally posted by: Summer3

Time for UFOs and Extra Terrestial Help to reach Earth to contain the Nuclear Blast Problem.

Some 2012 predictions had mentioned about their appearance too.

Are you serious ? do you really believe such stuff ?

_Angie_ thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
    Japan is prone to earthquakes and tsunamis due to its geographical location over 3 tectonic plates. Its govt is doing all it can under the grim circumstances. Delhi too falls under the high risk zone as far as earthquakes are considered. I would not even want to think what the govt would or could do in case of a disaster of this scale!
    -Believe- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Is our Nuclear Power/Energy plants are Safe!!!!??

We need energy security. We need to ensure safety. Loosing trust in our abilities is not the answer. Accepting the challenge to create world class facility with good safety measures is the key....If fully developed country Japan cannot prevent the nuclear disaster,then just think about our nuclear reactors. 😕
    Edited by Believe - 13 years ago
    Summer3 thumbnail
    Originally posted by: thickhead

Are you serious ? do you really believe such stuff ?

Nuclear Problem = I believe.
    2012 = do not believe.

UFO = who knows😆

But I do believe in Spirits and bodiless invisible beings too= plan to be one of them too in future😆
    Summer3 thumbnail
    Originally posted by: angie.4u

Japan is prone to earthquakes and tsunamis due to its geographical location over 3 tectonic plates. Its govt is doing all it can under the grim circumstances. Delhi too falls under the high risk zone as far as earthquakes are considered. I would not even want to think what the govt would or could do in case of a disaster of this scale!

I hope there are adequate safety features in the Indian Nuclear Facility.
    They are reviewing them.