Posted: 13 years ago
lol now I understand why they called her a flop queen! But I'm glad she's having a good one now! She deserves it <3
kareena changed her name?? didnt know that
yeh kat...she was pretty much in the dumps when omkara and jab we met came to her....that is why shes soo hungry and greedy for commercial success...no wonder shes signing all those khan films and golmaal's....

kat on the other hand, had her major breakthrough with namaste london i think...and then those string of akki-kat hits and she never looked back since then...she was talking abt her stuggles on the previous season of kwk....and i admire her for how much she has achieved today despite having all the odds against her..
Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
I totally agree with you ! Katrina came to this industry NOT knowing anything about this culture and definitely not the language...I admire her for sticking up to people and trying her best. She definitely deserves everything she is getting and will get.
Yeah I remember I watched an interview of Kat and she was saying she didn't know anything about the industry. And the only people who will give her advice was Sallu and Kareena. She talked about how others won't help her something like that!

Actually smartie pants Mujshe dosti karoge and Dosti were hits in USA and UK. Actually u will be shocked at how many bebo films are a hit there but not in India! I mean she is an indian actress so it makes sense why those films are considered a flop here because they were flops in India! I think even Asoka was a hit abroad!
LOL I just put this together๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰
Originally posted by KatForeva

LOL I just put this together๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰

How adorable! All of them are too cute! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Look at the future lovebirds lol
really lensa?? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ...wow MDK and dosti? they were so bad though ๐Ÿ˜†...but yeh...they had all the cliched NRI stereotypes in them...so might have worked abroad...

yeh...the kwk interview, katrina was saying that she went from door to door looking for work and leaving her profile at every possible agency or something...and then she got these tiny minuscule roles in hindi films, and some roles in south films...but i think david dhawan was the first one who gave her a substantial role in MPKK...

she came off as too wooden and snobby for me in her initial films, but after namaste london, i did warm up to her...shes quite charming onscreen, even though her acting may not be the best...but shes getting there slowly, on the acting front aswell...her sincerity shows onscreen..and that is her biggest plus..
Originally posted by smartie_pants

really lensa?? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ...wow MDK and dosti? they were so bad though ๐Ÿ˜†...but yeh...they had all the cliched NRI stereotypes in them...so might have worked abroad...

yeh...the kwk interview, katrina was saying that she went from door to door looking for work and leaving her profile at every possible agency or something...and then she got these tiny minuscule roles in hindi films, and some roles in south films...but i think david dhawan was the first one who gave her a substantial role in MPKK...

she came off as too wooden and snobby for me in her initial films, but after namaste london, i did warm up to her...shes quite charming onscreen, even though her acting may not be the best...but shes getting there slowly, on the acting front aswell...her sincerity shows onscreen..and that is her biggest plus..

Yeah I recently saw it on boxoffice india! I actually liked MDK and dosti! It was sooo sad that Akki had to die! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Agree about Kat! I think people don't give her credit. It's just the kind of films she is doing that her acting doesn't come through! When I saw her in Rajneeti, I started to believe that she is a good actress! She shocked me in that film with her acting! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Even in her early films like Nameste london and HDKG she was great in there!
lol..๐Ÿ˜†...kat ur so cute...

but seriously though...i dunt think its possible to achieve popularity/stardom without sincerity...AB, SRK,sallu, bebo, Rajnikanth, aamir, ranbir, kat...they have immense popularity because they connect with the audience on an uncanny level...they may not be the best of actors, but ppl love them because of that connection....

soo many other gr8 actors like nasseruddin shah, shabana azmi,konkona,  smita patil, vidya balan, tabu, irrfan etc failed to establish that connect strong enough to generate mass popularity....