TOI: Iqbal unable to rise

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Iqbal unable to rise!

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Mar 13, 2011, 12.00am IST

Iqbal Khan
Amitabh Bachchan immortalized the statement 'English is a phunny language' in Namak Halal. He harped on the fact that simple sentences when misinterpreted can take a different meaning altogether. 

The above statement was explicated at the consummation scene between Iqbal Khan and Binny Sharma in Sanjog Se Bani Sangini. However, shooting for the same wasn't easy for Iqbal, not because he is married and got jitters but was extremely unwell and had difficulty standing in front of the camera. So exhausted and weak he felt that he told the director, "I can't stand". The director with a sheepish grin replied, "You don't have to... it's just a scene". A sick Iqbal not understanding the implication of the statement reiterated the fact, "Sir I am feeling sick, I can't stand." The director joining his eyebrows said, "Iqbal you are an actor , a professional and its just a scene. There is nothing to feel sick about." Finally, Iqbal explained, "I am sick because I am running 102 degree temperature and the white blood cell count in my body has reduced to way below normal. I am tired and my knees are trembling when I stand." The moment he completed his sentence, the director and the crew burst out laughing post which they took care of situation. In the end, Iqbal was able to pull off the scene as he didn't have to stand since it required him lying down in bed. Poor Iqbal, became the butt of jokes of his crew and cast. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mehak_Luvs_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
What scene is this? 😆
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for sharing . Er.....Love u Iq.
Darine1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Poor Iqbal !! Thanks for sharing !
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
OMG so funny.Can anyone give me the link of the scene.
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Well....I'd given u the link of that scene when u requested for the same in the help desk, looks like u never checked it .
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyMacbeth

Well....I'd given u the link of that scene when u requested for the same in the help desk, looks like u never checked it .

I checked a lot.But the link never worked.Could you please tell the date of the episode?
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Originally posted by: JONAKIHATESYOU

I checked a lot.But the link never worked.Could you please tell the date of the episode?

Hhmmmmm, well...the date is 15th February n well...16th February 1st part n if u can't find it , let me know , I've ,em downloaded , I'll upload ,em in hosting cup n PM u the link...
*4rom heaven* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aww...poor iq!! Thanks for sharing!
Siddu246 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Awww...Feel bad for him but can ya believe it he was ill at that moment..I mean with all the funny Dadu scenes....and Rudra's reactions towards him..😆😆...Damn he is Good..!!!! 👏👏

Edited by Siddu246 - 13 years ago