M&G: Mr Iyer & Mrs Khurana - CLOSED - Page 30

Posted: 13 years ago
@pixie - i hv been wondering the same....hasini kahan ho????
I wrote a few scenes on Tuesday...but i feel something is lacking and so decided not to post the same. I haven't been able to write after that. Will definitely post something tomorrow late afternoon.

Sorry peeps to keep you waiting.

Hasini
Awe love this game or war should I say maan and geet are initiating but it's filled with the flame of passion from both sides and geet sneakily looking at her handsome husband like a teenage girl looking at her crush lol and ooh another ceremony which is a games one that's interesting considering that both are already being competitive with each othe anyways great update and can't wait to read more 😊
Posted: 12 years ago
update plzzzzzzzzzzzzz
waiting.......................😍

Part 9: War and Peace Update 4

"Please don't tell me I have to eat all these papads" he enquired putting up a cry face. He needed their laughter and small talk to distract him when he sat so close facing her.

Her sari rustled faintly, as she settled opposite to him; the sound sending invisible jitters inside his body. He had missed her ever since he had awkwardly stormed out of her room, upon the arrival of her unannounced army of cousins. It would not take much of him to lean a tad bit inward to kiss away the pink hue of her flushed cheeks, but then there were only 20 other people as witness to their first kiss and so he torturously refrained.

Her neck was more in view now that the dozen garlands were gone. The fresh turmeric thread that wrapped itself around her neck had dyed her skin a soft yellow. How he wanted to nuzzle by the curve of her neck to take in the crisp clean scent of the thread that bound them. Sighing loudly he looked away to smile at one other balding uncle of hers.

But he could not look away for long, as his eyes drifted back to hers. He wondered how much more of such painstaking ceremonies he would have to sit through before he could get some alone time with her. The mantras and the ceremonies didn't make sense and yet he wanted to give his best; he felt he never would have sat through the grilling havans or the Latin and Greek that the pandit so fluently threw at him, had it not been for her. Minute by minute his world was changing as that of the inside of a tornado, but some angst of his past was settling for a closure too when she occasionally attempted to coyly eye him every time she was in the vicinity.

"Oh! No...You have to slap the papad on each other's head...the first to complete is the winner" One of the elderly aunt explained and he immediately turned to count the two towers of papad on the brass plate next to him. He gulped down on the oil that floated atop the thin lentil wafers. Apparently that was only his share he would have to crumble on her head, for another plate of papads arrived through her cousin Mythreyi and was placed to her left.

Geet had hung her head so low, overcome with shyness, that Maan thought the curtain of black satin lashes would never draw up to catch a glimpse of him. She had not met his gaze ever since she had come out for the games ceremony after their short provocative chat in her room. She had spoken bold to appear inviting and open enough to accept the challenge, but now he doubted if remorse played her insides. The levity was getting lost in that thought somewhere and it bothered him as it messed with his jolly good spirits. He couldn't help think that he had unnecessarily brought it upon him. Did she hate him for paying off the pandit? The question plagued his being.

Once everyone seated in a circle around them, Geet's mom asked them to start. When either of them did not make a move or even attempt to pick up the pappad, she nudged Athi to talk Maan into it. "Dude...just pick up two or three and flop it on her head...I don't know what you are waiting for..." He hunkered down beside Maan and whispered slowly.

Seriously? He mused. She looked like a doll and the fact they wanted to soil her hair did not sit well with him. And yet to please the small crowd that had collected around them and with gnawing reluctance, he picked up a good number of the papads. But just as he reached out his hand towards the plate on his side, she held out her hand to get a few from her plate on the other side. This act propelled him like rocket fuel and he came in full swing to land the oily crackers on her head. The crumbles showered over her when at the same time, she had thumped 4 papads on his head. He immediately jerked in reaction and so did she. They met each other's gaze momentarily assuring each other and took in the instinctive smile that had cropped up their lips.

But the still moment didn't last long as the thrashing picked up pace. She flung some at ease on his head and when she moved behind, he pulled her closer by her arm and dropped some papads with force on her head once again.

He had still not let her go and her trepidation multiplied as she realized she was moments away from melting at his touch. The noise and the zest of the crowd didn't matter as the gruff and shrill voices faded in her ears. Her entire being focused on her upper arm where his fingers clasped with firm reverence. The pressure and the tingles that erupted on the fibers of her skin, were being memorized and mapped in her wary mind. While a part of her drowned in the physical sensations he relayed in her body, the cheering and calling of the crowd that echoed in the brink of her consciousness, jilted her out of the haze.

She didn't know if it was his competitive nature or the game spirit of her cousins, but now she felt his hold was only a trick to slow her down. Realizing the advantage she was giving him, she wiggled out and went full speed to pick up papads with both her hands.

"Your tricks...Argh!" she expressed her frustration in a low tone as he inched in.

"I don't need any tricks to win...but given all that if you still do beat me...I promise I will call off tonight" He upped the stakes and it was no longer a mere ceremony that they were fulfilling.

She was confused at his choice of words, but she was losing ground fast and she sharpened her game, mentally noting to question him later.

"Yes...yes...we are winning" Adhi shouted unable to control the zest as if it was his own wedding, all the while eyeing Meera by Geet's side.

"No..Geetu...cheekiram (faster)" Meera shouted in retaliation.

No judge was needed for the verdict this time around when he had taken the huge round plate and had emptied the crumbles on her head while she still had some to go. She had a fake cry on her face, as she shook her head and dusted off the papad pieces off her body and lap. Maan bent his head and dispersed the pieces from his hair, which ended straight on her just cleared up lap.

She looked up with a scowl as he smiled with a pleading look. She wanted to smile too at his childlike innocence that he acted out, but right then her cousin had settled next to him and leaned on his shoulder by her elbow. She fumed, picking just the contrast emotion she wanted to portray. Maan mistook the anger to be directed towards his unintentional brushing of the pieces into her sari folds.  The look on her face left him puzzled. For a moment ago, she had indulged him excitedly and now the annoyed look seemed that the frivolous enthusiasm had never been there to start with. This coupled with the earlier grave feeling only made matters worse for him.

"Ok...now the poo pandhu (flower ball)" Susheela aunty said as she rolled a huge ball of jasmine strands bundled and tightly wound in the shape of a ball, towards her. For this, they made Maan move back a bit and the next game in the series started with no time to waste.

It was a simple catch and return for a few rounds, but then the challenge arrived when Susheela Athai suggested an alternative. She was supposed to hold the ball on the ground in the space between the two and he was to retrieve the ball from her hands. Of course the real test was not to let the ball be lifted off the ground, while in the process.

Somehow she knew this was not going to be an easy task, given it was only a flower mush and that it would not hold together under the pressure she would have to exert on the delicate ball. Compounding with the tugs and pull from him, she was sure it was going to be a tragic death scene for the flowers that were already sentenced to look white and fresh only for a day.

There was no doubt, he wanted to win and so did she. All the while she did dream of spending some couple time with him, but when a wager arrived on her doorstep, she didn't want to back off either.

He struggled and mentally rehearsed the steps, how he would go about getting the flower ball from her. To him the whole setup looked dainty and his heart refused to play rough. It was only a game, he convinced himself and plunged right at the ball, which compressed gravely at his first contact and the slack petals gave out, withering to the ground at once.The scene discomforted her. She simply loved flowers to see them be massacred at his hands. She writhed in a strange pain as she winced openly "You are crushing my flowers" she cried.

He didn't know what came over him but he instantly pulled back. The words "My flowers" had changed the whole context of the game for him and now he didn't care if she won. Momentarily he suspected if those were trick words to make him give up, but he brushed aside the notion and attempted to play fowl to smoothly cover his tracks. He paused to meet her eyes briefly. And when she did, he reached out for her wrists and pulled her hands towards him making her slide down the smooth cement floor.

"A...ah!" she yelped as her cousins screamed, "Maan athimbael...this is cheating"

Daadima strode forward to twist his ears upon his behavior, for she was now inches away from him. His sudden change of strategy baffled her, yet she let out a proud smirk, content that the scores were equal now. Right as Maan caught sight of the act, he knew her words had been a ploy he had conveniently fallen for, or so he thought.

As the elder left, he could not help speak to her in hushed tones to warn her.

"This time you tricked me...and now you got yourself in real trouble"

"How so?" she questioned back, not understanding what he was referring to.

"This will not be fair anymore...watch out" he said as she moved back to her original position.

The last one was the very cliche "get the ring from the vessel" game. Susheela Athai placed a tall cylindrical copper vessel filled with water and dropped a ring into it. There was no need to go over the rules this time and the couple dived their arms into the wobbly vessel right away. The water reached their upper arms beyond the elbow and there was every chance they could tip the vessel to send the gallons of water ebb out on the dias even with a casual jerk.

Their fingers swam inside, scratching and scouring the bottom for the gold ring. While in the attempt, their hands met and without further ado he laced his fingers with hers. Her eyebrows went up in surprise and she promptly glanced at him. He winked in response not knowing what made him want to play a different kind of game with her now. The pulling and tugging her hand beneath the water got her blouse to get wet partly from the violent splashes.

"Maan...let go of my hand...people will see" she said while her lashes fluttered and her heart fought her mind to stay in his grasp.

"Forget it'" he spoke softly in her ears. As she wrestled with his clasp, she felt the ring right beneath her. She knew what she had to do to win. Just as she locked her eyes with him, she pinched him sharply. He flinched, but his reflexes were fast enough and he caught her wrist right as she picked up the ring.

"Let go of the ring..." He bit through his words as his hold tightened around her.

"No...you know I win now...and you call off the night" she strived to break free.

"No...let go...else I'm kissing you right here" he threatened her. She halted in surprise as she processed his words. It was one thing to win against him, and whole another to get red in the face in front of the elders, as he would kiss her. He was quite capable to follow through on his words and that fact threw her off-guard. Unconsciously, her hand released the ring and he grabbed the same without delay. She hated that he wanted to get his way out with her by hook or crook.

Drawing out their wet arms together, he raised his up in the air, displaying his prized trophy while she looked away in disgust. As her relatives cheered, she got up with repugnance and without another word she walked away. She was doomed to be under his mercy either ways, she convinced herself. She sure did feel mixed emotions over the game, but there was no doubt she was only joyous that she would get to know him better tonight. Perhaps even that kiss, she thought and shied away as she entered her room.

Well did he even know that she was never against being with him? And so his ignorance made him think she was indeed mad at his win. Of Couse the case of their resulting first night was another matter that he felt was something she detested too. Coming across nothing short of a fool to himself, he got up to see if he could perhaps had a quick chat with her. There was only more hindrance now, the classic chaos theory at play, when all the elders and her cousins swarmed him to offer gifts and congratulate him.

She had no idea what waited for her in the room. Her eyes widened as she saw her father, mother and Susheela Athai transfer phones to each other and spoke in panic filled tones. What happened? Her being filled with fright as she rushed towards them.

"Is everything ok Amma?" She hugged her; the anxiety picking up pace inside her.

"Here talk to your Patti (grandma)...She wants to see you, now that she knows you are leaving" Her Mom spoke as nervousness took over her "She is wheezing and all dramatic as always"

"Hello...Patti...Sugandanne (Are you well?)" She asked with a faint smile, not knowing how to calm her down. His entry made her look up from the ground and he caught sight of the tension in the room. He saw that she was arguing or haggling with someone on the other side of the phone.

"No...Patti...Nyaan thirumba varuven aakum (I will come again)" She said as she held her forehead for him to see her clearly caught in a web of emotions.

Just then Vasu uncle advanced to explain the matter at hand to him.

"Why are we thinking so much?" He asked aloud, having her abruptly hold back her next response to her grandma.

"If she is ill, then we should go...I'm sure Geet wants to meet her too...It might be too late the next time she will be here" he said as he held Vasu uncle's hand in his.

She listened keenly to him even as her grandma rambled on the other side. Her eyes filled with marvel at what he had just said as she tried to make sense of his sudden change in the course of his plans for them. Didn't he so ardently want to have their first night today? She grappled with the thought as she continuously watched him.

"The Sangeet is not for another 2 days in Delhi, we should be able to make it in time...Daadima and Dad will take care of the arrangements. Don't worry Appa" he shook his clasped hands in assurance once again. Vasu uncle nodded in agreement and left in a hurry to prepare for their travel to Palghat (Kerala). Premi Aunty and Susheela Athai followed him leaving the couple alone in the room.

"Illai Paati.." her tone changed to add more vibrant excitement "Naangal allorum Varoum (We are all coming)" She concluded as she cut the call with a content smile.

"Happy?" he asked as he came to sit by the chair next to her, folding his hands behind his head. Now why would he do that? She quietly gasped at the expanse of his torso that was in full display for her.  She looked away as a fresh course of desire knocked her heart, but she had to answer him now, doesn't she?

She caught his eyes wondering if he only meant about the part where he had just given her the gift of meeting her grandma.

"Will the trip make up for all that I did out there?...paying off the pandit? " He asked as he turned towards her and rested his elbows by his knees, eagerly waiting for her response. That's when she realized he did have a strain of guilt embedded in him somewhere. She smiled and lowered her head instantly, nodding as she held back her words. Well she could not help ponder how much he cared for her approval. He had sought to make amends for her, not obsessing over their silly wager. Was there war and now peace, she didn't know, but it only mattered that she was the pivot around which his actions and decisions revolved. She indeed liked that very much as the hue of his eyes darkened and lit up...right when she held his hand and her lips mouthed a thank you in silence.

Its been a long time...but tried to give a long one. Hopefully this is per your liking. Post, comment and like button please.

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago

The war of the papad was just hilarious... !!!

Can I request...
- Can they have a ritual called "Mangalasnanam" (a ceremonial bathing) together... 😳
- Maan having Adhi look for the Pandit to get the next schedule date/time for SR...
😆
Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
loved it dear...

please continue soon..
Hasini, it is brilliant is all I can say.

I love the fact that they challenge each other, not serious I am better than you challenges, but silly ones to keep each other on their toes. That will make their married life also very interesting. 

The amount of concern they already have for each other is evident and both of them have started falling for each other. Awwww 😍

Her approval at the juncture meant the world to him and the fact that he asked for it meant everything to her. Very nicely done.

Do let me know when we can expect the next update's in all 3 of your current FF's. I know you are busy with other stuff, but if you let me know, I will come back to check only then. 😃

Thanks for a brilliant update. Loved it. 

Are those ceremonies for real? They sound so strange but fun hehe

Originally posted by night13

The war of the papad was just hilarious... !!!

Can I request...
- Can they have a ritual called "Mangalasnanam" (a ceremonial bathing) together... 😳
- Maan having Adhi look for the Pandit to get the next schedule date/time for SR...
😆

So glad you liked it....

Mangalasnanam...? I can't believe that you are asking for the same thing that I so wanted to put into the script. Unfortunately I have only heard of it, not sure which sect follows this post wedding. 

Are you asking about the pre wedding one?

Gosh you better ping me, you have me in a shock given that you are reading my mind now. 

Hasini